Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › 3770k 5Ghz 1.6v
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3770k 5Ghz 1.6v - Page 10

post #91 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post

I know, this is OCN yet it's absurd how many people will ridicule you because you actually want to know the limits of your system and want to know it well. People don't care about stability.

Which is fine and dandy, but the problem is that people go around saying "yea my i5-3570k is totally stable at 5ghz@1.4v, when in reality they aren't stable at all, they just tested only p95 for 12 hours without checking for WHEA errors. It's just useless information, it tells you nothing.

Preach on, amen brother biggrin.gif
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #92 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post

I know, this is OCN yet it's absurd how many people will ridicule you because you actually want to know the limits of your system and want to know it well. People don't care about stability.

Which is fine and dandy, but the problem is that people go around saying "yea my i5-3570k is totally stable at 5ghz@1.4v, when in reality they aren't stable at all, they just tested only p95 for 12 hours without checking for WHEA errors. It's just useless information, it tells you nothing.

i dont even trust prime95 folding and boinc projects have made my computer bsod or black screen and even reboot when 48hrs stable on prime and other programs. This is ocn people like to brag just about everyone does it from time to time they just don't come back and tell you when the computer crashed after they made the post about how good the cpu or gpu was overclocking.
SABERWOLF
(18 items)
 
XEON-WOLF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6800K MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hydro Copper G.SKILL TridentZ Series 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 850 500 EK-SBAY Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Radiator 360 Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport Black Car... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream RAD XTC 420 koolance 380i Windows 10 Pro ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic M12D SS-850 850W  Thermaltake core x71 CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Corsair Void 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5675@4400 1.344 ASUS P6X58D-E XfX RX480 RS F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI 6-7-6-21 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ST31000340AS WDC WD7500AAKS-00RBA0 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 ihas 624-A SilverStone Heligon HE01 windows 10 64 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 42inch lcd tv CORSAIR CMPSU-950TX Modded Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
SABERWOLF
(18 items)
 
XEON-WOLF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6800K MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hydro Copper G.SKILL TridentZ Series 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 850 500 EK-SBAY Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Radiator 360 Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport Black Car... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream RAD XTC 420 koolance 380i Windows 10 Pro ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SeaSonic M12D SS-850 850W  Thermaltake core x71 CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Corsair Void 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5675@4400 1.344 ASUS P6X58D-E XfX RX480 RS F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI 6-7-6-21 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ST31000340AS WDC WD7500AAKS-00RBA0 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 ihas 624-A SilverStone Heligon HE01 windows 10 64 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 42inch lcd tv CORSAIR CMPSU-950TX Modded Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #93 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

Too many people here want to give their opinion that holds no weight in real life just because they can. I'm never a fan of bad information, and when it comes to OC'ing it's my pet peeve to see people do it wrong because they don't want to take the time to research about it.

Wouldn't that be the entire purpose of this website, to state your opinion and or give advice? Without a difference of opinion, this forum would most likely not exist.

Can you really overclock, wrong? Everyone has their own way of doing things, and there really is no right or wrong way of doing it.
Edited by *ka24e* - 5/18/13 at 7:36pm
post #94 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

Wouldn't that be the entire purpose of this website, to state your opinion and or give advise? Without a difference of opinion, this forum would most likely not exist.

Can you really overclock, wrong? Everyone has their own way of doing things, and there really is no right or wrong way of doing it.

Advice*
No, the purpose of this forum is to share facts and knowledge, not merely compare opinions. this is OCN, it's not chatroulette or chan4

Can you really, overclock, wrong, you say? Just mess up your memory and cpu settings and when data corruption slams you I guess that can answer biggrin.gif
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #95 of 162
Thread Starter 
LOL how naive. Here's the truth, I used to run 4.7 @ 1.308 but I run at 1.356 now I had to raise it that much to be stabled in games. See how easy I could hv posted 4.7 @ 1.308 which passed 15hrs of prime?? See how prime wasted my time?
Try aida64 and you see they have check boxes to include GPU stress as well check it and run while keeping your eyes on CPUID. And you'll see. Try it with GPU and w/o
post #96 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by lock2701 View Post

LOL how naive. Here's the truth, I used to run 4.7 @ 1.308 but I run at 1.356 now I had to raise it that much to be stabled in games. See how easy I could hv posted 4.7 @ 1.308 which passed 15hrs of prime?? See how prime wasted my time?
Try aida64 and you see they have check boxes to include GPU stress as well check it and run while keeping your eyes on CPUID. And you'll see. Try it with GPU and w/o
you would just be lying and hurting yourself.

while you would impress a few people, youre the one which would have problems with your pc, and noone would wonder why in 3months or 6months you dissapeared biggrin.gif

this also goes for people who overclock their memory and are super happy at low latency and high mhz but who dont test their memory properly and wonder why they have issues later down the road

prime never wasted your time, as you didnt know how to stabilize your oc at 1.308 you still might not 1.356

you dont just run prime95 and call it a day, i really do hope you read some guides and get some knowledge, everything seems funny to you, but youre going to be alone in your boat when you have problems and ask for help. but then again all you might do is play games on a pc so you wont have anything to lose biggrin.gif
Edited by INCREDIBLEHULK - 5/18/13 at 7:40pm
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #97 of 162
Thread Starter 
Hm, you're the only one who is. "Funny" to me. I can never quite understand what you are trying to say. Impress who? Overclock memory what? I don't recall anybody mentioned memory OC in here.

I'm alone on my boat? Disappeared after3-6months? I'm suppose to be here forever ? People wonder where I am?

LOL, they noticed and care where I'll be? Whether I'm here today or disappeared tomorrow that's my choice and I don't think anybody would care. This post was simply my saying WOW that's a lot of vcore for 5Ghz.

I don't think I'll ever need help or want any "help" from this forum. This forum is for discussion at most.

How many people in this forum or the OC community at large actually need to OC??
OC is just a game and dealing with OC problems is the fun.
post #98 of 162
About this discussion of stress test programs not being a good indicator for stability, could people seeing different things involve LLC settings? My thought process goes like this:

If I set LLC so there's still a little vdroop, the CPU will run on lower voltage while prime95 is putting load on it. I'll test with prime95, and then I can assume that normal programs will run with the CPU getting more voltage.

If I use the max LLC setting on my board, voltage will actually increase when prime95 is doing its stuff. Normal programs will run at a lower voltage than what the prime95 stress test ran at. Could this be the cause of prime95 running stable but programs still crashing afterwards?

There's also the default behavior that's very different compared to using LLC. The default settings are causing a lot of vdroop, something like dropping to 1.3 V on load if you set 1.4 V. That's deduced from Intel's specification I assume. That massive vdroop is perhaps not only done to create a buffer for spikes in voltage, but to ensure things run 100 % stable after whatever testing they do on the CPUs to set stock voltage.
post #99 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by lock2701 View Post

Hm, you're the only one who is. "Funny" to me. I can never quite understand what you are trying to say. Impress who? Overclock memory what? I don't recall anybody mentioned memory OC in here.

I'm alone on my boat? Disappeared after3-6months? I'm suppose to be here forever ? People wonder where I am?

LOL, they noticed and care where I'll be? Whether I'm here today or disappeared tomorrow that's my choice and I don't think anybody would care. This post was simply my saying WOW that's a lot of vcore for 5Ghz.

I don't think I'll ever need help or want any "help" from this forum. This forum is for discussion at most.

How many people in this forum or the OC community at large actually need to OC??
OC is just a game and dealing with OC problems is the fun.

You are so caught up in your delusional reality you can not grasp the fact i was giving you an example. you read what you want and you interpret what you want, your english comprehension seems to not be very advanced
You definitely dont need help from anyone here as you never have helped anyone here.
the same way you mentioned your overclock was not stable and you had to fix it is the same way you don't know what youre doing
you type LOL in almost any post, i'd have to assume you are a child.
learn to test for stability, and stop making a fool of yourself, a lot of people like yourself come and leave, but im sure after you mess up something youll come here badgering and begging but still wont be capable of searching the forums

OC isn't a game, you have a washed up interpretation of what components do, what they are, and how they work. if you have the money to ruin components and not know why, feel free to do so.
im sure you imagine your CPU and MEMORY also have nothing to do with your HARD DRIVE?
sorry i keep replying to your childish foolish posts, it's just more comical everytime biggrin.gif
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #100 of 162
Thread Starter 
Ok whatever. LOL is bad but biggrin.gif is ok. I'm imagining things when your the one coming up with new stuff every time you post. Memory then hard drive etc.

Honestly I don't really know why you are keep posting. I'm cool with different opinions and the argument but now I'm a child and delusional and have English problems, nice! That is very mature, and LOL is childish but biggrin.gif is mature and I'm sure you know EVERYTHING about computer and how they work! And I'm sure that you'll be here for as long as you live and teach people like me about computer and OC is serious business ONLY for mature people like you!

@deepor
I wondered about that myself, man. I wondered about something is stabled at constant voltage vs shifting between voltage. Because when you run prime it will stabilised at a certain voltage for the rest of the run. But during other activities it wasn't the case. Such as one of the cores might clock down then back up, voltage changing etc causing instability where prime doesn't. That is why I test by running other program.

But what do I know I'm unable to comprehence English language and is a deluded child.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › 3770k 5Ghz 1.6v