Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Servers › Very important question need to know asap! -NEW-
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Very important question need to know asap! -NEW- - Page 4

post #31 of 65
Apparently you didn't read my post closely. I hope you game better than you post or none of this is even worth it.
post #32 of 65
To be blatantly honest and maybe a little rude, this is an asinine request. The chance that your actual IP number is going to effect how fast your connection actually is in one instance or another is SUPER slim. I don't see it doing you any good to be going through all this trouble just to get that 1 TINY little advantage over another player. If you are truly a skilled player, first hit doesn't make a difference unless it is an ability that freezes you in some fashion.

And something that I think you seem to have missed

A random player I.D. is assigned to a player upon logging into the game and it changes each time they log in. Prior to the player I.D. system, priority between players was based on the players' IP addresses.

From everything I read on the page that was linked the only way you are going to get that advantage you are looking for is if you had signed into the game before the person you are fighting. No change in IP address will have any effect on this. You are truthfully wasting your time, if this is in regards to runescape. If this is not about runescape then tell us the game it is about and maybe we could provide better information.
post #33 of 65
And you also missed this

This is no longer true, as you are now placed in a random place in the list and everyone else is shuffled up, so you don’t retain the same PID throughout your session. This makes things much fairer.

This all from this page

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Player_identification_number
post #34 of 65
Thread Starter 
ALLOW ME TO MAKE TWO VITAL CLARIFICATIONS

1: This whole ordeal has nothing to do with me having faster network speeds. Absolutely none. Nor does it have anything to do with me having faster in-game speeds.

2: For those of you who read the above user's link to the explanation of PID and How it Works, you must know that this is completely IRRELEVANT to my entire request. Why? Because that is not the version of the game I play competitively and the system described there is in no way in effect on the game I play.
post #35 of 65
Thread Starter 
I Play an older version of the game in which IP is directly responsible in determining such things... NOW, for those of you who adamantly write to me with such accusations as wasting my time,

This should not be difficult to accomplish.
WHAT DO I MEAN?

I was able to get a decent ip address simply by resetting my modem, albeit for a few hours usually.
Throughout my time doing this I was able to randomly get compatible ip addresses. SO what? SO I know they are out there and not impossible to supply! Easy if anything.

My friend uses a VPN to do exactly this. SO instead of telling me to give up, please help, or step out of the way for somebody who has the ability to

I really appreciate it
post #36 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmellow View Post

I Play an older version of the game in which IP is directly responsible in determining such things... NOW, for those of you who adamantly write to me with such accusations as wasting my time,

This should not be difficult to accomplish.
WHAT DO I MEAN?

I was able to get a decent ip address simply by resetting my modem, albeit for a few hours usually.
Throughout my time doing this I was able to randomly get compatible ip addresses. SO what? SO I know they are out there and not impossible to supply! Easy if anything.

My friend uses a VPN to do exactly this. SO instead of telling me to give up, please help, or step out of the way for somebody who has the ability to

I really appreciate it

Why are you posting here, ask your friend what VPN he uses tongue.gif.

Or contact random VPN providers until one says they can give you an address that meets your needs. I doubt anyone has tried getting a specific address before, so we won't be able to help you there.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

Why are you posting here, ask your friend what VPN he uses tongue.gif.

Or contact random VPN providers until one says they can give you an address that meets your needs. I doubt anyone has tried getting a specific address before, so we won't be able to help you there.

This. I'd suggest being a bit more polite to your friend than you have been here and maybe he will help you.
post #38 of 65
I have no idea if it's the way the question was asked, or maybe I didn't understand the answers, perhaps it's because I don't play ruinscape or it could be the way the OP posts in cryptic clues and non-disclosure, but...

this is the most confused I've ever been after 4 forum pages tongue.gif
Meh
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @4.7GHz Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 GTX Titan 16GB Mushkin Redline Ridgeback 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB  2x 500GB WD Green RAID1 + WD 2TB Green  Noctua Nh-DH 14 Win 8 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Shimian Achieva 2560x1440p IPS Corsair AX850 Lian-Li PC-A05N 
  hide details  
Reply
Meh
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @4.7GHz Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 GTX Titan 16GB Mushkin Redline Ridgeback 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB  2x 500GB WD Green RAID1 + WD 2TB Green  Noctua Nh-DH 14 Win 8 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Shimian Achieva 2560x1440p IPS Corsair AX850 Lian-Li PC-A05N 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 65
OP is coming off as a super rude... donkey... hole...
Megalith
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 evga gtx 780 Corsair dominator platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Green Seagate Barricuda Crucial M4 Acer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Koolance CPU-380I Windows 7 Ultimate x64 23" HP LCD Corsair K90 Vengeance 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X Series X650 Gold Fractal Design Define XL Logitech MX518 Steelseries QCK+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I3 2120 ASROCK Z77M HD 6450 Samsung Low Profile DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Crucial M4 Noctua NH-L12 42" 1080i 
  hide details  
Reply
Megalith
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 evga gtx 780 Corsair dominator platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Green Seagate Barricuda Crucial M4 Acer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Koolance CPU-380I Windows 7 Ultimate x64 23" HP LCD Corsair K90 Vengeance 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X Series X650 Gold Fractal Design Define XL Logitech MX518 Steelseries QCK+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I3 2120 ASROCK Z77M HD 6450 Samsung Low Profile DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Crucial M4 Noctua NH-L12 42" 1080i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane2207 View Post

I have no idea if it's the way the question was asked, or maybe I didn't understand the answers, perhaps it's because I don't play ruinscape or it could be the way the OP posts in cryptic clues and non-disclosure, but...

this is the most confused I've ever been after 4 forum pages tongue.gif

Mark Wahlberg agrees.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Servers
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Servers › Very important question need to know asap! -NEW-