Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PlayStation Blog] Gran Turismo 6 Unveiled, Out This Holiday On PS3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PlayStation Blog] Gran Turismo 6 Unveiled, Out This Holiday On PS3 - Page 6

post #51 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post

So, no new cars as they are released?

For example, a new model comes 2014... you don't want it?

I'd like to have the new models, but I'd rather earn them in races like all the other 1000 cars. I never pay for pixels after the fact.
post #52 of 178
I quit GT games after 4. Seriously, It's just a refresh with a few better looking cars and some new tracks. The physics (IMO) are completely lacking.

- No engine customization at all. As in ECU fuel / timing maps, or even little things like cams or bumping compression ratio. *Along the lines of shifting the power band to your driving style, or track*
- Engine swapping, or dare I say actual engine damage?
- Lazy Physics. Example: Slamming on the brakes in a real car = the car will pull to one direction. Slam the brakes in GT and you go in a nice straight line.
- Body modification, as in actual aerodynamic upgrades (not cheesy add-ons, and not just a stupid looking wing).
- And the biggest let down of all.... THE SOUND!

The first 4 games could get away without the above, but after 5 games we need some added features and more options.
post #53 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

Which is why my original comment was about how there isn't any gameplay footage available. Replays aren't gameplay.

I know graphics aren't everything. Just commenting on polyphony's way of advertising that ticks me off sometimes. Same reason why I don't like cinematic trailers etc.

Actually they are.

How else do you think they could make a 10 minute "video" at 1080p (or what ever the native res is I think it's 1440x1080) under 1 MB?

The replays are just exact copies of controller input played back in the game engine
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCOM_HERO View Post

I'd like to have the new models, but I'd rather earn them in races like all the other 1000 cars. I never pay for pixels after the fact.

The issue is that, unfortunately, someone has spend money to scan those cars and design the pixels.

So, if a new vehicle comes along, sadly someone has to cover that cost. And, tbh, GT5 DLC was reasonable.
post #55 of 178
I think the only racing games I've really liked are the ones where there is lots of destruction and heavy weaponry(Twisted Metal, Rock and Roll Racing, Mario Kart, Lucky and Wild in the arcades back in the late 90's).

Regular racing games for me are a snooze fest the only exceptions are maybe Super Off Road and F-Zero.
Scorpion Moose
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570K @ 4.6ghz (1.38 Voltage) Asus Z77 Sabertooth Zotac Amp! Omega GTX 980 Ti 8GB Samsung 30nm @2133 11-11-11-28-1T (1.55 vol... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial MX300 750gb 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm  Corsair H105 5 GT AP-15's, 1 Noiseblocker 40mm 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro ASUS PB277Q Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016 Seasonic X 1050 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600C Razer Deathadder Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Creative X-FI Titanium HD 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Gelid GC Extreme Thermal Compound Mad Catz Street Fighter V TES+ Logitech F310 Mad Catz Street Fighter V Chun-Li TE2 
  hide details  
Reply
Scorpion Moose
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570K @ 4.6ghz (1.38 Voltage) Asus Z77 Sabertooth Zotac Amp! Omega GTX 980 Ti 8GB Samsung 30nm @2133 11-11-11-28-1T (1.55 vol... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial MX300 750gb 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm  Corsair H105 5 GT AP-15's, 1 Noiseblocker 40mm 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro ASUS PB277Q Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016 Seasonic X 1050 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600C Razer Deathadder Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Creative X-FI Titanium HD 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Gelid GC Extreme Thermal Compound Mad Catz Street Fighter V TES+ Logitech F310 Mad Catz Street Fighter V Chun-Li TE2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorCreepy View Post

I think the only racing games I've really liked are the ones where there is lots of destruction and heavy weaponry(Twisted Metal, Rock and Roll Racing, Mario Kart, Lucky and Wild in the arcades back in the late 90's).

Regular racing games for me are a snooze fest the only exceptions are maybe Super Off Road and F-Zero.

Well that's your bag. Simulations require high precision, and it's rewarding to overcome difficult challenges with the limitations of the pseudo real world. I like both almost equally. Mario Kart 64 will always have a special place in my heart. So much fun with friends in that game.
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

I quit GT games after 4. Seriously, It's just a refresh with a few better looking cars and some new tracks. The physics (IMO) are completely lacking.

- No engine customization at all. As in ECU fuel / timing maps, or even little things like cams or bumping compression ratio. *Along the lines of shifting the power band to your driving style, or track*
- Engine swapping, or dare I say actual engine damage?
- Lazy Physics. Example: Slamming on the brakes in a real car = the car will pull to one direction. Slam the brakes in GT and you go in a nice straight line.
- Body modification, as in actual aerodynamic upgrades (not cheesy add-ons, and not just a stupid looking wing).
- And the biggest let down of all.... THE SOUND!

The first 4 games could get away without the above, but after 5 games we need some added features and more options.

Uh, if this is happening with your real life car you need to get it checked out. Its not supposed to do that...
post #58 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

Uh, if this is happening with your real life car you need to get it checked out. Its not supposed to do that...

This. I have never been in a car which pulled to one direction when the brakes were slammed on. Except one car (Volvo 850R), but that was fixed by fitting new discs and brake pads.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 178
Haha... maybe he's thinking of torque steer... but moving laterally under breaking is *not* good hahah...

I kinda hope GT6 introduces more pack racing, I do tend to miss that. Whilst arcadey, the original GRID did pack racing so well. Exciting, wheel to wheel combat tongue.gif It doesn't even have to be fast, standard touring cars or something like Formula Ford can give awesome experiences.

In fact, some of my best racing memories are on GT Legends. Used to love that game!!!
post #60 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post

Haha... maybe he's thinking of torque steer... but moving laterally under breaking is *not* good hahah...

I kinda hope GT6 introduces more pack racing, I do tend to miss that. Whilst arcadey, the original GRID did pack racing so well. Exciting, wheel to wheel combat tongue.gif It doesn't even have to be fast, standard touring cars or something like Formula Ford can give awesome experiences.

In fact, some of my best racing memories are on GT Legends. Used to love that game!!!

Well I had torque steer in GT5 with my Logitech G27. Granted it was very weak, but it was there.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PlayStation Blog] Gran Turismo 6 Unveiled, Out This Holiday On PS3