Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › May 2013 Foldathon (20th-22nd)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

May 2013 Foldathon (20th-22nd) - Page 15

post #141 of 253
Thread Starter 

Here: http://folding.axihub.ca/foldathon.php

post #142 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony20022 View Post

Is anyone else getting a lot of A3 WUs recently?

Yes but my 3930 has been dealing with them quite well
The box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 AX370-Gaming 5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair  
  hide details  
Reply
The box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 AX370-Gaming 5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair  
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 253
8084 is kinda newish unit, my 3770K likes'em, 50k PPD
Shooting for 2.5mil total for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony20022 View Post

Is anyone else getting a lot of A3 WUs recently?

Had a few, but not more than usual.
Frigg d.y.
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K@4600MHz 1.288V ASUS P8Z68-V EVGA Geforce GTX780Ti@1293MHz 2x4GB G.Skill TrindentX 2400 CL10@2133 CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Force F60 2.5" SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB 2.5" SSD EK-Supremacy CSQ Full Nickel EK-FC Titan Nickel CSQ 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool VPP655 w/ EK D5 X-Top Rev.2 EK-Coolstream Rad XTX 360 & XSPC RS240 Phobya Balancer 150 Reservoir 3xScythe GT AP-15@7V, 2xNexus Real Silent 120mm... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Linux Mint 16 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit Qix Qx2710LED Evolution II 2560x1440 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Keycool 84 w/ Cherry MX Clear  Enermax Platimax 1500W NZXT H630 Func MS3 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Qpad Sweclockers Edition BRIK DAC & AMP Ducky DK9008G2 Pro w/ Cherry MX Clear  
  hide details  
Reply
Frigg d.y.
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K@4600MHz 1.288V ASUS P8Z68-V EVGA Geforce GTX780Ti@1293MHz 2x4GB G.Skill TrindentX 2400 CL10@2133 CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Force F60 2.5" SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB 2.5" SSD EK-Supremacy CSQ Full Nickel EK-FC Titan Nickel CSQ 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool VPP655 w/ EK D5 X-Top Rev.2 EK-Coolstream Rad XTX 360 & XSPC RS240 Phobya Balancer 150 Reservoir 3xScythe GT AP-15@7V, 2xNexus Real Silent 120mm... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Linux Mint 16 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit Qix Qx2710LED Evolution II 2560x1440 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Keycool 84 w/ Cherry MX Clear  Enermax Platimax 1500W NZXT H630 Func MS3 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Qpad Sweclockers Edition BRIK DAC & AMP Ducky DK9008G2 Pro w/ Cherry MX Clear  
  hide details  
Reply
post #144 of 253
Looks like I've hit 2 million - and have a few xeons about to drop in a couple of hours too biggrin.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Wolfdate E8400 @ 3.78 Ghz 1680fsb Gigabyte DQ6 v 3.3 HD 7770 OC 4Gb @ 840MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1x 128 SSD 1x1.5Tb Multiple Highpower 560w 
Case
Trinity - Modded for cooling 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Wolfdate E8400 @ 3.78 Ghz 1680fsb Gigabyte DQ6 v 3.3 HD 7770 OC 4Gb @ 840MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1x 128 SSD 1x1.5Tb Multiple Highpower 560w 
Case
Trinity - Modded for cooling 
  hide details  
Reply
post #145 of 253
I have to say we've done well, considering this was a last minute thing, on most people.
35 folders to around 200 folders for the event.
post #146 of 253
This will be my worst FAT ever. I upgraded a whole slew of main components for my pc's so I was ready and couldn't wait for this event. Not 2 hours into the FAT I got in a argument with my gf that has not seen any relief. We are in agreement that the house is way too hot even with the air on and we are looking at all the contributions that is keeping it this hot. Of course I am in a defensive on the folding machines that only run on these special events (24/7 will not be possible in this lifetime). To calm the storm I was forced to put my sleep modes back on the pc's in case I have to leave the the room for a certain length of time. Now that is not even enough. She wants me to beat the sleep timer immediately when ever I leave the room for any length of time. Of course I am in Arizona and it will be expected that 90*F to triple digit temps will play a major part for the temps in the house and being summer we will continue to see higher averages. So all in all we are compromising by trying many different things to cool the place off. I am folding when I can get away with it and hope to a least drop the 3 wu's I have been working on these couple days which I would have finished a lot of them in just a few hours normally. I plan to "fight " this and not giving up on folding if I have anything to do with it.

PS I did turn off smp on my main rig that dropped temps tremendously and will probably discontinue that cpu from folding in the future. The points I get for smp for that rig is not worth it. My 560 Ti 448's will lead my contributions as long as the core_17's continue.

Keep on foldin'! thumb.gifGod knows that I will try...
post #147 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by aas88keyz View Post

This will be my worst FAT ever. I upgraded a whole slew of main components for my pc's so I was ready and couldn't wait for this event. Not 2 hours into the FAT I got in a argument with my gf that has not seen any relief. We are in agreement that the house is way too hot even with the air on and we are looking at all the contributions that is keeping it this hot. Of course I am in a defensive on the folding machines that only run on these special events (24/7 will not be possible in this lifetime). To calm the storm I was forced to put my sleep modes back on the pc's in case I have to leave the the room for a certain length of time. Now that is not even enough. She wants me to beat the sleep timer immediately when ever I leave the room for any length of time. Of course I am in Arizona and it will be expected that 90*F to triple digit temps will play a major part for the temps in the house and being summer we will continue to see higher averages. So all in all we are compromising by trying many different things to cool the place off. I am folding when I can get away with it and hope to a least drop the 3 wu's I have been working on these couple days which I would have finished a lot of them in just a few hours normally. I plan to "fight " this and not giving up on folding if I have anything to do with it.

PS I did turn off smp on my main rig that dropped temps tremendously and will probably discontinue that cpu from folding in the future. The points I get for smp for that rig is not worth it. My 560 Ti 448's will lead my contributions as long as the core_17's continue.

Keep on foldin'! thumb.gifGod knows that I will try...
Buy a portable A/C unit. thumb.gif
post #148 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDngrfld View Post

Buy a portable A/C unit. thumb.gif

I never fold without mine....

post #149 of 253
I'm sad my second 7970 didn't come in time...be here Thursday. These core 17s are SO NICE!!! 120k-133k ppd on a single card!!!
post #150 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by gboeds View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDngrfld View Post

Buy a portable A/C unit. thumb.gif

I never fold without mine....


Yep that would do it! It is funny to think about since we have a permanent outside that runs the whole A/C in our house and is regularly maintenance but the part of the house where the pc's are just happens to be the last to receive the circulation of air. I laughed at the portable a/c pic and advice at first but could make sense if it gets any worse. On another note me and gf compromised and found that the house is hottest between 2 and 5pm. In that case we agreed to turn of all electronics in that time frame which actually worked for us today. The room is still comfortable as I type this. This may give me more flexibility with folding. But won't make it up this time but gives us something to go on.

Keep on foldin'! thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › May 2013 Foldathon (20th-22nd)