Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Info about COOLER MASTER X DREAM I117 INTEL LGA 775/1155/1156 ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Info about COOLER MASTER X DREAM I117 INTEL LGA 775/1155/1156 ?

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
Hello,
I am willing to buy this cooler for my CPU: COOLER MASTER X DREAM I117 INTEL LGA 775/1155/1156

I know it sucks but i am only willing to replace my stock cooler with this one, to avoid stock fan noise.

I will use it with INTEL CORE I5 3570

They say this cooler is very silent and silence is what i want. It's very cheap! And i wont overclock.
Would you recommend this one in terms of a "silent" cooler?

Thanks!
Little monster
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570 @ stock Asus P8 Z77-V LX Powercolor 7870 PCS+ EZ 4x2 = 8GB Corsair 1600 Mhz XMS @ 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk 120 GB Extreme Sata III 2 TB WD Intellipower Green External converted t... 4 TB WD 5400 RPM Green Internal Xigmatek Loki 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 -64 bit Philips 190vW D-sub 1440x900 LG 29'' 2560x1080 Logitech Cordless Internet Pro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Xigmatek Tauro 500 Watt 80+ Bronze Zalman Z5 Plus Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse Onboard 
Other
Xigmatek Freezing Point Thermal Paste 
  hide details  
Reply
Little monster
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570 @ stock Asus P8 Z77-V LX Powercolor 7870 PCS+ EZ 4x2 = 8GB Corsair 1600 Mhz XMS @ 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk 120 GB Extreme Sata III 2 TB WD Intellipower Green External converted t... 4 TB WD 5400 RPM Green Internal Xigmatek Loki 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 -64 bit Philips 190vW D-sub 1440x900 LG 29'' 2560x1080 Logitech Cordless Internet Pro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Xigmatek Tauro 500 Watt 80+ Bronze Zalman Z5 Plus Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse Onboard 
Other
Xigmatek Freezing Point Thermal Paste 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 29
Buy a Coolermaster Hyper 212+. It's like $20-30 iirc.
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung PM951 500GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate Firecuda 2TB Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung PM951 500GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate Firecuda 2TB Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkahuna360 View Post

Buy a Coolermaster Hyper 212+. It's like $20-30 iirc.

It's not that cheap here in my country. I live in Turkey.

What about this: XIGMATEK APACHE III INTEL LGA775/1155 /1150 & AMD FM2/FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2+ Would you recommend for silence?
Little monster
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570 @ stock Asus P8 Z77-V LX Powercolor 7870 PCS+ EZ 4x2 = 8GB Corsair 1600 Mhz XMS @ 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk 120 GB Extreme Sata III 2 TB WD Intellipower Green External converted t... 4 TB WD 5400 RPM Green Internal Xigmatek Loki 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 -64 bit Philips 190vW D-sub 1440x900 LG 29'' 2560x1080 Logitech Cordless Internet Pro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Xigmatek Tauro 500 Watt 80+ Bronze Zalman Z5 Plus Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse Onboard 
Other
Xigmatek Freezing Point Thermal Paste 
  hide details  
Reply
Little monster
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570 @ stock Asus P8 Z77-V LX Powercolor 7870 PCS+ EZ 4x2 = 8GB Corsair 1600 Mhz XMS @ 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk 120 GB Extreme Sata III 2 TB WD Intellipower Green External converted t... 4 TB WD 5400 RPM Green Internal Xigmatek Loki 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 -64 bit Philips 190vW D-sub 1440x900 LG 29'' 2560x1080 Logitech Cordless Internet Pro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Xigmatek Tauro 500 Watt 80+ Bronze Zalman Z5 Plus Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse Onboard 
Other
Xigmatek Freezing Point Thermal Paste 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 29
What website are you going to to get prices?
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung PM951 500GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate Firecuda 2TB Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung PM951 500GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate Firecuda 2TB Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkahuna360 View Post

What website are you going to to get prices?

Here : http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/sogutma-sistemleri/products.aspx?L2=OEMCLL&k3=%DD%FElemci&qs=|18=15&sb=20&sk=0

"İslemci" means "CPU"
Little monster
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570 @ stock Asus P8 Z77-V LX Powercolor 7870 PCS+ EZ 4x2 = 8GB Corsair 1600 Mhz XMS @ 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk 120 GB Extreme Sata III 2 TB WD Intellipower Green External converted t... 4 TB WD 5400 RPM Green Internal Xigmatek Loki 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 -64 bit Philips 190vW D-sub 1440x900 LG 29'' 2560x1080 Logitech Cordless Internet Pro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Xigmatek Tauro 500 Watt 80+ Bronze Zalman Z5 Plus Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse Onboard 
Other
Xigmatek Freezing Point Thermal Paste 
  hide details  
Reply
Little monster
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570 @ stock Asus P8 Z77-V LX Powercolor 7870 PCS+ EZ 4x2 = 8GB Corsair 1600 Mhz XMS @ 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk 120 GB Extreme Sata III 2 TB WD Intellipower Green External converted t... 4 TB WD 5400 RPM Green Internal Xigmatek Loki 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 -64 bit Philips 190vW D-sub 1440x900 LG 29'' 2560x1080 Logitech Cordless Internet Pro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Xigmatek Tauro 500 Watt 80+ Bronze Zalman Z5 Plus Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse Onboard 
Other
Xigmatek Freezing Point Thermal Paste 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 29
I'm going to take a gander and guess this is at or about a little cheaper than the one you're talking about. It's okay but don't expect it to do much after that.

http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/sogutma-sistemleri/xigmatek-hdt-s1284f-hdt-s1284f-intel-lga-1156-&-amd-am2am3-islemci-sogutucu/productdetails.aspx?I_ID=57616
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung PM951 500GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate Firecuda 2TB Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung PM951 500GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate Firecuda 2TB Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 29
I'm assuming this is what you are looking at; CM X Dream = 32-35 TL
http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/So%C4%9Futma%20Sistemleri/cooler-master-rr-x117-18fp-r1-x-dream-i117-intel-lga-77511551156-islemci-sogutucu/productdetails.aspx?I_ID=58837

It looks very similar to stock cooler.

To get a quiet cooler & fan you need a bigger cooler so it doesn't have to work as hard to do the cooling job.

Xigmatek Apache III is only 2.3c better than stock cooler 34-37 TL
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=203&Itemid=62&limit=1&limitstart=15

Thermaltake Slim X is 2c hotter than stock cooler 50-54 TL
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Thermaltake-SlimX3-CPU-Cooler-Review/1221/6

CoolerMaster Vortex Plus is 25c better than stock 58-63 TL
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Vortex-Plus-CPU-Cooler-Review/998/6

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo is 40c better than stock cooler 118-128 TL
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-EVO-CPU-Cooler-Review/1407/6


CoolerMaster Vortex Plus is 25c better than stock 58-63 TL Is the best value cooler in my opinion.
post #8 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

I'm assuming this is what you are looking at; CM X Dream = 32-35 TL
http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/So%C4%9Futma%20Sistemleri/cooler-master-rr-x117-18fp-r1-x-dream-i117-intel-lga-77511551156-islemci-sogutucu/productdetails.aspx?I_ID=58837

It looks very similar to stock cooler.

To get a quiet cooler & fan you need a bigger cooler so it doesn't have to work as hard to do the cooling job.

Xigmatek Apache III is only 2.3c better than stock cooler 34-37 TL
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=203&Itemid=62&limit=1&limitstart=15

Thermaltake Slim X is 2c hotter than stock cooler 50-54 TL
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Thermaltake-SlimX3-CPU-Cooler-Review/1221/6

CoolerMaster Vortex Plus is 25c better than stock 58-63 TL
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Vortex-Plus-CPU-Cooler-Review/998/6

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo is 40c better than stock cooler 118-128 TL
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-EVO-CPU-Cooler-Review/1407/6


CoolerMaster Vortex Plus is 25c better than stock 58-63 TL Is the best value cooler in my opinion.

In the comments of this turkish website, it says CoolerMaster Vortex Plus makes lots of noise.

Actually i think this is good: COOLER MASTER VORTEX 211Q INTEL LGA 775/1155/1156 . All of the comments say that its silent. And silency is what i want.
Little monster
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570 @ stock Asus P8 Z77-V LX Powercolor 7870 PCS+ EZ 4x2 = 8GB Corsair 1600 Mhz XMS @ 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk 120 GB Extreme Sata III 2 TB WD Intellipower Green External converted t... 4 TB WD 5400 RPM Green Internal Xigmatek Loki 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 -64 bit Philips 190vW D-sub 1440x900 LG 29'' 2560x1080 Logitech Cordless Internet Pro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Xigmatek Tauro 500 Watt 80+ Bronze Zalman Z5 Plus Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse Onboard 
Other
Xigmatek Freezing Point Thermal Paste 
  hide details  
Reply
Little monster
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570 @ stock Asus P8 Z77-V LX Powercolor 7870 PCS+ EZ 4x2 = 8GB Corsair 1600 Mhz XMS @ 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk 120 GB Extreme Sata III 2 TB WD Intellipower Green External converted t... 4 TB WD 5400 RPM Green Internal Xigmatek Loki 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 -64 bit Philips 190vW D-sub 1440x900 LG 29'' 2560x1080 Logitech Cordless Internet Pro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Xigmatek Tauro 500 Watt 80+ Bronze Zalman Z5 Plus Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse Onboard 
Other
Xigmatek Freezing Point Thermal Paste 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 29
I could find no reviews of Vortex 211Q but comparing 211Q to Vortex Plus I see more fins and more heatpipes. 211Q is 102.4 x 96.4 x 58 mm with 1500rpm fan; 27.5 CFM; 20 dBA. Plus is 116 x 100 x 84 mm with 92mm PWM fan 800-2800rpm; 15.7 - 54.8 CFM; 17 - 35 dBA. of course if you run the fan 2800rpm it will be loud.. but if you run it 1500rpm it will be same noise as 211Q fan and my guess is CPU will be cooler. And with PWM fan it is easy to use software on your motherboard to control it.. at least on most motherboards.

You don't have to run cooler fans at full speed.

I have a Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme with 2500rpm TY-143 fans.. It's as loud as H100 at full speed and cooling. And out cools the H100 by 7c. But on my system it never runs above 1050rpm so is almost silent and cools my i7 980 CPU to 43-47c when CPU is very safe at 70c.

Don't get what I suggest unless you understand why and agree. I just think the Plus is better cooler and only 8 TL more. If you don't think so than get the 211Q.
Edited by doyll - 5/16/13 at 7:32am
post #10 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

I could find no reviews of Vortex 211Q but comparing 211Q to Vortex Plus I see more fins and more heatpipes. 211Q is 102.4 x 96.4 x 58 mm with 1500rpm fan; 27.5 CFM; 20 dBA. Plus is 116 x 100 x 84 mm with 92mm PWM fan 800-2800rpm; 15.7 - 54.8 CFM; 17 - 35 dBA. of course if you run the fan 2800rpm it will be loud.. but if you run it 1500rpm it will be same noise as 211Q fan and my guess is CPU will be cooler. And with PWM fan it is easy to use software on your motherboard to control it.. at least on most motherboards.

You don't have to run cooler fans at full speed.

I have a Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme with 2500rpm TY-143 fans.. It's as loud as H100 at full speed and cooling. And out cools the H100 by 7c. But on my system it never runs above 1050rpm so is almost silent and cools my i7 980 CPU to 43-47c when CPU is very safe at 70c.

Don't get what I suggest unless you understand why and agree. I just think the Plus is better cooler and only 8 TL more. If you don't think so than get the 211Q.

This is the mainboard i am going to buy : MSI Z77A-G43

I understand you but i dont know how to use PWM fan. I will be able to use the software. But can i turn on the PWM feature easily on the hardware? How? My previous board was an antique thats why i dont know about PWM
Little monster
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570 @ stock Asus P8 Z77-V LX Powercolor 7870 PCS+ EZ 4x2 = 8GB Corsair 1600 Mhz XMS @ 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk 120 GB Extreme Sata III 2 TB WD Intellipower Green External converted t... 4 TB WD 5400 RPM Green Internal Xigmatek Loki 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 -64 bit Philips 190vW D-sub 1440x900 LG 29'' 2560x1080 Logitech Cordless Internet Pro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Xigmatek Tauro 500 Watt 80+ Bronze Zalman Z5 Plus Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse Onboard 
Other
Xigmatek Freezing Point Thermal Paste 
  hide details  
Reply
Little monster
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570 @ stock Asus P8 Z77-V LX Powercolor 7870 PCS+ EZ 4x2 = 8GB Corsair 1600 Mhz XMS @ 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk 120 GB Extreme Sata III 2 TB WD Intellipower Green External converted t... 4 TB WD 5400 RPM Green Internal Xigmatek Loki 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 -64 bit Philips 190vW D-sub 1440x900 LG 29'' 2560x1080 Logitech Cordless Internet Pro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Xigmatek Tauro 500 Watt 80+ Bronze Zalman Z5 Plus Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse Onboard 
Other
Xigmatek Freezing Point Thermal Paste 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Info about COOLER MASTER X DREAM I117 INTEL LGA 775/1155/1156 ?