Originally Posted by Jixr
Well, up to $600 I would reccomend a canon T3i, I was in the DSLR market not long ago, looking to upgrade from an old canon i had, and lucky i have a photographer friend who has several cameras he let me borrow and try out.
- can be found used starting around $450+, new kits can be found for ~500 and up
- Full 1080p recording @ 30fps, 720 @ 60fps
- 3" flip out LCD screen, that rotates so you could see yourself while you're filming
- kit includes a 18-55mm lens, which is actually quite nice for a kit lens
- Microphone jack, ( if you want decent audio for your YT films, nothing worse sucks than crappy audio )
- Can use magic lantern, a custom firmware that adds tons of video features to the camera ( cannon cam's only )
- Most canons have a pretty good selection of modes, the standard auto modes for sports, portrates, outdoors, etc, as well as some good manual modes.
those are some of the features you may be interested in. but its a very solid camera and is highly recomended by many people.
( i can't say anything about the sony's, i've only dealt with canons and nikons )