Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Android phone without a market?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phone without a market?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Ok so I got a new phone (Onetouch 909b) not the greatest but whatever. Anyway, I only wanted a couple of apps but the phone didn't come installed with android market. I think no problem, I'll just download Google Play app. I install it manually and when I click the app it says I need to create an account for the phone, I click yes and then it goes to the phones home screen. What's the deal? I've downloaded the most recent version and a couple of older ones. I don't even even care much for apps and whatnot but the main one I want (Android Kindle) is only available through Google Play. I've never seen a phone that didn't have a market pre-installed.
post #2 of 6
Go to settings and enter your gmail account info. You can't access the play store unless your info is in . Also, unless you update your phone past android 2.3 you probably will have issues accessing the play store.
post #3 of 6
I think a phone needs the google framework to work with the play store?

You can get the kindle app from the amazon store I believe that may be easier
XEON POWER
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E3-1280 V2 Asus p8h77-i EVGA GTX 570  Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 cl9 16gb 2x8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung 830 Crucial C300 Samsung USB Blu-Ray 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Dell U2711 HP 2709m Razer Blackwidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Essentials ST60ES-F Bitfenix Prodigy Razer Naga Molten razer sphex 
Audio
onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
XEON POWER
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E3-1280 V2 Asus p8h77-i EVGA GTX 570  Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 cl9 16gb 2x8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung 830 Crucial C300 Samsung USB Blu-Ray 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Dell U2711 HP 2709m Razer Blackwidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Essentials ST60ES-F Bitfenix Prodigy Razer Naga Molten razer sphex 
Audio
onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawIX View Post

Go to settings and enter your gmail account info. You can't access the play store unless your info is in . Also, unless you update your phone past android 2.3 you probably will have issues accessing the play store.
It's been updated. The phone didn't have any market whatsoever. I thought all Android phones came with a market app, most being Google Play. I've never seen one without one. My main gripe was the phone didn't have a pre-installed market.



Thanks for the replies. I didn't know you could get Kindle app from anywhere except Google play. All links I tried ended up at Google. All is good now, Amazon is a life saver this day......







I friggin hate these cluttered up smartphones. When are we going to get interactive holographic brillantphones?
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyhtinggoes View Post

It's been updated. The phone didn't have any market whatsoever. I thought all Android phones came with a market app, most being Google Play. I've never seen one without one. My main gripe was the phone didn't have a pre-installed market.



Thanks for the replies. I didn't know you could get Kindle app from anywhere except Google play. All links I tried ended up at Google. All is good now, Amazon is a life saver this day......







I friggin hate these cluttered up smartphones. When are we going to get interactive holographic brillantphones?

Would help to know if you're rooted or not. If you are rooted with a recovery installed all you have to do is download gapps... and flash that. It would install all the necessary google apps.
Supa's Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6660 Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 CORSAIR H100 Liquid CPU Cooler Windows 10 Pro 64-bit BenQ 2710PT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU 165 Hz Ducky DK9087 Shine II TKL Blue LED (Brown) Corsair SF​600 Ncase M1 V5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech g502 Cloth Perixx 
  hide details  
Reply
Supa's Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6660 Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 CORSAIR H100 Liquid CPU Cooler Windows 10 Pro 64-bit BenQ 2710PT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU 165 Hz Ducky DK9087 Shine II TKL Blue LED (Brown) Corsair SF​600 Ncase M1 V5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech g502 Cloth Perixx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by exzacklyright View Post

Would help to know if you're rooted or not. If you are rooted with a recovery installed all you have to do is download gapps... and flash that. It would install all the necessary google apps.
I took the phone back. It's a horrible phone, I wouldn't suggest it to anyone. I ended up getting the Galaxy Axiom for an extra $30 which is 100x better. It's similar to a S III but smaller. It had Kindle pre-loaded along with all the google stuff.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Android phone without a market?