Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › New Intel budget build for my Father-In-Law
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Intel budget build for my Father-In-Law - Page 3

post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenge View Post

And it loses the vast majority of metrics found in the Anandtech bench. Put it up against an i5, and it's pathetically inadequate.

Assuming that OP actually likes his FIL, he shouldn't inflict an AMD-based CPU of any type on him.

Ok, vs i5 I agree, but vs i3 it's a definite win for AMD.
(won't spam the thread anymore, bye tongue.gif )
Edited by ronnin426850 - 5/17/13 at 1:10am
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 31
Since malicious browsing has already been mentioned(by WR6133) I chime in. I was doing a lot of research for one writing class and I was routinely getting hit with malware. What I did was set up what I call a malicious browser. Nothing inside was terribly expensive ( for sure cheap storage). The OS was not activated and no photos or applications beyond what was required to browse were installed. At the beginning when I got hit I simply reloaded the OS. After a while I started using an Untangle box in front of it and started working with the various AV and malware tools. My point is, if you are going to tread where there is danger, make it so your losses (even if is just time) are minimal. This is why if the owner of this rig wants it up all the time, watch your browsing or set it up knowing that it will get hit. I would not be happy at all if my shinny new SSD became infected. Since a good bit of browsing will be done with this rig perhaps a full platter storage system rig would be better, not faster but better.
WC Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930@4.05GHz ASUS P6X58D-Preminum XFX GeForce 275 896mb 6GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 150gb Raptor LightScan Win 7 64-bit Acer 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair HX620W Antec 1200 several various 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
WC Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930@4.05GHz ASUS P6X58D-Preminum XFX GeForce 275 896mb 6GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 150gb Raptor LightScan Win 7 64-bit Acer 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair HX620W Antec 1200 several various 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

Ok, vs i5 I agree, but vs i3 it's a definite win for AMD.

Why do you concentrate on the most inane pointless things. If you want to push an AMD build do it on its strengths like IGPU and low price. Instead you are spamming this thread with utter BS about how passmark (which is a pointless crock of tosswash) shows the APU being better which is meaningless translate that in to real world usage. Or that IB will cause some kind of thermonuclear meltdown due to TIM which is also horsecrap MILLIONS of people the world over have IB CPU's that are NOT melting through their motherboards, oh and plenty manage to OC those CPU's without causing the next Chernobyl...... I guess you don't own one, have never handled one so are just regurgitating the most extreme bile you can find on the web.

Ohh and yeah I suggested the OP gets AMD but based on saving a wad of cash.
Intel
(14 items)
 
AMD
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gbyte Z77X-UD3H MSI GTX670 16GB (4X4) Corsair Vengance 1600MHz Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD Cheapo DVDRW 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
CM Hyper 212 EVO Push/Pull Win7 Pro Sidewinder X4 OCZ ZS 650W 
CaseMouse
CM HAF X RAT 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II 1600T GA990XA-UD3 Palit 550ti Palit 550ti (sli) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB (4X4) Gskill OCZ Agility 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB WD Black 500GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Cheapo DVDRW AC Freezer 7 Pro Win 7 Pro Server 2008 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu Win 8 OCZ ZS 650w Self modded cheapo thing 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel
(14 items)
 
AMD
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gbyte Z77X-UD3H MSI GTX670 16GB (4X4) Corsair Vengance 1600MHz Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD Cheapo DVDRW 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
CM Hyper 212 EVO Push/Pull Win7 Pro Sidewinder X4 OCZ ZS 650W 
CaseMouse
CM HAF X RAT 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II 1600T GA990XA-UD3 Palit 550ti Palit 550ti (sli) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB (4X4) Gskill OCZ Agility 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB WD Black 500GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Cheapo DVDRW AC Freezer 7 Pro Win 7 Pro Server 2008 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu Win 8 OCZ ZS 650w Self modded cheapo thing 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

Why do you concentrate on the most inane pointless things. If you want to push an AMD build do it on its strengths like IGPU and low price. Instead you are spamming this thread with utter BS about how passmark (which is a pointless crock of tosswash) shows the APU being better which is meaningless translate that in to real world usage. Or that IB will cause some kind of thermonuclear meltdown due to TIM which is also horsecrap MILLIONS of people the world over have IB CPU's that are NOT melting through their motherboards, oh and plenty manage to OC those CPU's without causing the next Chernobyl...... I guess you don't own one, have never handled one so are just regurgitating the most extreme bile you can find on the web.

Ohh and yeah I suggested the OP gets AMD but based on saving a wad of cash.

I'll tell you why - because otherwise everyone disregards AMD with the "Oh that's just for cheapo gamers, I want something else".
Because people think the APU is just an Athlon with a mid-low end GPU and the can't or shouldn't use it in regular systems.

Because for every AMD recommendation they need to be SHOWN that the CPU can actually perform up to their needs.
Otherwise they go and pay top dollar for Intel, and get the exact same result.

Considering we don't know how this PC will be used (probably just browsing, but who knows), the real quad with the better GPU, similar performance and OCability, for a lower price, is better. But people have to be pushed to even consider it. There is nothing in the real world in which this AMD chip fails compared to i3. Single thread performance? What's single-threaded?? You open two tabs in a browser, 10 new threads spawn. Nothing is single-threaded anymore, and for old programs that are- you will see no difference anyway, because both CPUs are way faster than what was available back then.

That's why. I'm off.
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

Because for every AMD recommendation they need to be SHOWN that the CPU can actually perform up to their needs.
Otherwise they go and pay top dollar for Intel, and get the exact same result.

My point was you don't show anybody anything you simply rant about TIM on Ivybridge being the end of the world as we know it (which shows a lack of knowledge) and APU's having high passmark scores (which is pretty meaningless to somebody wanting to know how their CPU will perform). Try cutting the incorrect anti-intel propaganda and use meaningful benches to show the AMD performance, then you will sound less like a crazed fanbaby.... your current ranting mode more than likely scares people away from AMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

What's single-threaded?? You open two tabs in a browser, 10 new threads spawn. Nothing is single-threaded anymore, and for old programs that are- you will see no difference anyway, because both CPUs are way faster than what was available back then.

Intel
(14 items)
 
AMD
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gbyte Z77X-UD3H MSI GTX670 16GB (4X4) Corsair Vengance 1600MHz Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD Cheapo DVDRW 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
CM Hyper 212 EVO Push/Pull Win7 Pro Sidewinder X4 OCZ ZS 650W 
CaseMouse
CM HAF X RAT 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II 1600T GA990XA-UD3 Palit 550ti Palit 550ti (sli) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB (4X4) Gskill OCZ Agility 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB WD Black 500GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Cheapo DVDRW AC Freezer 7 Pro Win 7 Pro Server 2008 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu Win 8 OCZ ZS 650w Self modded cheapo thing 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel
(14 items)
 
AMD
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gbyte Z77X-UD3H MSI GTX670 16GB (4X4) Corsair Vengance 1600MHz Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD Cheapo DVDRW 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
CM Hyper 212 EVO Push/Pull Win7 Pro Sidewinder X4 OCZ ZS 650W 
CaseMouse
CM HAF X RAT 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II 1600T GA990XA-UD3 Palit 550ti Palit 550ti (sli) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB (4X4) Gskill OCZ Agility 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB WD Black 500GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Cheapo DVDRW AC Freezer 7 Pro Win 7 Pro Server 2008 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu Win 8 OCZ ZS 650w Self modded cheapo thing 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

My point was you don't show anybody anything you simply rant about TIM on Ivybridge being the end of the world as we know it (which shows a lack of knowledge) and APU's having high passmark scores (which is pretty meaningless to somebody wanting to know how their CPU will perform). Try cutting the incorrect anti-intel propaganda and use meaningful benches to show the AMD performance, then you will sound less like a crazed fanbaby.... your current ranting mode more than likely scares people away from AMD

Curerntly I own 2 Intel CPUs and 0 AMD CPUs. I'm not a fanboy. And I'm not ranting, I just mentioned the TIM once. That is a useful info. And You are obviously on a fanboy hunt smile.gif Either argue about something that I said which you think is incorrect, or get the frag out of here. You are the one who's not bringing anything new or useful to the thread for 3 posts now. Again, start being useful or get lost, man!

And here's this thing on single-threaded performance on web browsing PCs:


Edited by ronnin426850 - 5/17/13 at 2:02am
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

I would go for A8-5600K, which is identical to 5800K after OC (unlocked multi) and is cheaper.
AFAIK it beats the i3 (A8 OCes, i3 doesn't), also is real Quad, and doesn't have IvyBridge's temperature issues.

This is incorrect and using OC'ing as an argument for a rig for someones father in law is dumb, most normal users want nice and easy at stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

It's not if you OC. After OC, AMD obliterates Intel in this price range. And is cheaper.

Again for clearly a non-enthusiast as the end user bringing up overclocking is STUPID

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

In fact, the A10 has higher PassMark on stock. http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
After OC it's not even funny. And the A8-5600K, which is just lower stock clock but same chip, costs 50$ less than the i3

Pass mark is no use to choosing a CPU.... tell me exactly what those passmark numbers mean in terms of performance in some everyday scenarios? You can't passmark is crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

Good, but then again we already see temps degrading with IvyBridge CPUs due to the TIM they filled the CPU with (SandyBridge is soldered). In my opinion, either wait for next-gen intel, or go AMD.

Temps degrading? Quantify this how many IB CPU's have you personally seen fail due to high temps? How many have you seen run at stock settings overheat? and how many have you personally overclocked and failed to reach a decent clock speed due to TIM? You personally not a story about some guy related to some other guy from some forum that new your neighbour because he screwed your aunties cat...... your personal experience........ oh yeah you clearly have none and talk from your ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

How about the better CPU? rolleyes.gif Again, A10 (and A8) beat i3 IB in PassMark on stock.

Again with the passmark..... thought of a career as a parrot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

Ok, vs i5 I agree, but vs i3 it's a definite win for AMD.

In what way? I actually think it is but based on price not the cr@p you shout constantly not just here but regualarly in other threads.

Quote:
That is a useful info. And You are obviously on a fanboy hunt

Actually I keep seeing you spew ludicrous junk in threads and I'm sorry to the OP for derailing here but you need calling out as your advice is rubbish based on hearsay and rubbish
Quote:
Either argue about something that I said which you think is incorrect, or get the frag out of here.

I am your the one that can't address my arguments so need to bluster.
Quote:
You are the one who's not bringing anything new or useful to the thread for 3 posts now. Again, start being useful or get lost, boy! Now!

I actually managed to find the time to put a build up for the OP which is more than you managed to do. So child how about you get lost.
Intel
(14 items)
 
AMD
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gbyte Z77X-UD3H MSI GTX670 16GB (4X4) Corsair Vengance 1600MHz Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD Cheapo DVDRW 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
CM Hyper 212 EVO Push/Pull Win7 Pro Sidewinder X4 OCZ ZS 650W 
CaseMouse
CM HAF X RAT 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II 1600T GA990XA-UD3 Palit 550ti Palit 550ti (sli) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB (4X4) Gskill OCZ Agility 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB WD Black 500GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Cheapo DVDRW AC Freezer 7 Pro Win 7 Pro Server 2008 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu Win 8 OCZ ZS 650w Self modded cheapo thing 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel
(14 items)
 
AMD
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gbyte Z77X-UD3H MSI GTX670 16GB (4X4) Corsair Vengance 1600MHz Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD Cheapo DVDRW 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
CM Hyper 212 EVO Push/Pull Win7 Pro Sidewinder X4 OCZ ZS 650W 
CaseMouse
CM HAF X RAT 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II 1600T GA990XA-UD3 Palit 550ti Palit 550ti (sli) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB (4X4) Gskill OCZ Agility 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB WD Black 500GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Cheapo DVDRW AC Freezer 7 Pro Win 7 Pro Server 2008 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu Win 8 OCZ ZS 650w Self modded cheapo thing 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

This is incorrect and using OC'ing as an argument for a rig for someones father in law is dumb, most normal users want nice and easy at stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

Again for clearly a non-enthusiast as the end user bringing up overclocking is STUPID

It's not stupid since people sometimes plan on re-using parts for different rigs. Also, OP never stated that he will never OC. It's just more info for him, never hurts. I explicitly stated that this is valid only if you OC. It's up to him to make his mind. My job is to present as much info as possible, and not to say "buy this, don't buy that because I say it's better". See, that's a way of showing respect to OP's capabilities of making a reasonable choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

Pass mark is no use to choosing a CPU.... tell me exactly what those passmark numbers mean in terms of performance in some everyday scenarios? You can't passmark is crap.

Probably nothing, but it's just another synthetic benchmark. If they were totally useless, they wouldn't exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

Temps degrading? Quantify this how many IB CPU's have you personally seen fail due to high temps? How many have you seen run at stock settings overheat? and how many have you personally overclocked and failed to reach a decent clock speed due to TIM? You personally not a story about some guy related to some other guy from some forum that new your neighbour because he screwed your aunties cat...... your personal experience........ oh yeah you clearly have none and talk from your ass

Tell me how many times have you personally seen people explode in outer spade when going out without a pressure suit? PERSONNALY. You haven't? It can't be true then... Please, go! smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

Again with the passmark..... thought of a career as a parrot?

LoL, comedy. Good stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

In what way? I actually think it is but based on price not the cr@p you shout constantly not just here but regualarly in other threads.

Other threads belong where they are - in other threads. Argue with me there as well, if you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

More than once but seeing as you seem to have accuracy issues in what you post whats an extra mention between friends

Challenge: quote two posts of this thread where I said the word "TIM" before you started bashing on me. (again, for the mentally incapable - before you started bashing on me)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

Actually I keep seeing you spew ludicrous junk in threads and I'm sorry to the OP for derailing here but you need calling out as your advice is rubbish based on hearsay and rubbish

Again - each argument belongs in its own thread. Seeing my rep and your rep, I'd say I don't spew ludicrous junk as often as you present it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

I am your the one that can't address my arguments so need to bluster.

And Your the one who couldn't learn grammar. I did address you argument with this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

I'll tell you why - because otherwise everyone disregards AMD with the "Oh that's just for cheapo gamers, I want something else".
Because people think the APU is just an Athlon with a mid-low end GPU and the can't or shouldn't use it in regular systems.

Because for every AMD recommendation they need to be SHOWN that the CPU can actually perform up to their needs.
Otherwise they go and pay top dollar for Intel, and get the exact same result.

Considering we don't know how this PC will be used (probably just browsing, but who knows), the real quad with the better GPU, similar performance and OCability, for a lower price, is better. But people have to be pushed to even consider it. There is nothing in the real world in which this AMD chip fails compared to i3. Single thread performance? What's single-threaded?? You open two tabs in a browser, 10 new threads spawn. Nothing is single-threaded anymore, and for old programs that are- you will see no difference anyway, because both CPUs are way faster than what was available back then.

That's why. I'm off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

I actually managed to find the time to put a build up for the OP which is more than you managed to do. So child how about you get lost.

Oh, so I'm a child smile.gif How old am I?
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 31
I just purchased my first Amd. 8350. Was very worried about people writing reviews and saying go with Intel but for someone like me who doesn't game or program the chip so far has not disappointed. My wife has an i3 and for a desktop chip we both think its a beast for what we do so an amd or core i3 will most likely fit your father in laws needs and then some.
post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

I would go for A8-5600K, which is identical to 5800K after OC (unlocked multi) and is cheaper.
AFAIK it beats the i3 (A8 OCes, i3 doesn't), also is real Quad, and doesn't have IvyBridge's temperature issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

Good, but then again we already see temps degrading with IvyBridge CPUs due to the TIM they filled the CPU with (SandyBridge is soldered). In my opinion, either wait for next-gen intel, or go AMD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

Challenge: quote two posts of this thread where I said the word "TIM" before you started bashing on me. (again, for the mentally incapable - before you started bashing on me) ?

2 posts claiming IB dodgy temps above

Quote:
Again - each argument belongs in its own thread. Seeing my rep and your rep, I'd say I don't spew ludicrous junk as often as you present it.

You want to bring that in to it ok

you - 5870 posts to 379 rep = 1 useful post per 15 posts

me - 618 posts to 58 rep = 1 useful post per 10 posts

so if you want to look at it that way you are 50% more useless than me.
Quote:
Oh, so I'm a child smile.gif How old am I?

aww you like to talk down to me but don't like it back?


TLDR - I think you are poorly informed and like to talk the talk despite not actually having an experience to base that on. You are also morally bankrupt as by dispensing advice based on nothing but opinion (without first stating that's the basis of the advice) you are attempting to press people to make expensive financial decisions from your advice that you know yourself is poorly formed.

Funny part is we both advocated AMD here just I think you do it for the wrong reasons (baseless/pointless ones)
Intel
(14 items)
 
AMD
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gbyte Z77X-UD3H MSI GTX670 16GB (4X4) Corsair Vengance 1600MHz Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD Cheapo DVDRW 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
CM Hyper 212 EVO Push/Pull Win7 Pro Sidewinder X4 OCZ ZS 650W 
CaseMouse
CM HAF X RAT 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II 1600T GA990XA-UD3 Palit 550ti Palit 550ti (sli) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB (4X4) Gskill OCZ Agility 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB WD Black 500GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Cheapo DVDRW AC Freezer 7 Pro Win 7 Pro Server 2008 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu Win 8 OCZ ZS 650w Self modded cheapo thing 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel
(14 items)
 
AMD
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gbyte Z77X-UD3H MSI GTX670 16GB (4X4) Corsair Vengance 1600MHz Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD Cheapo DVDRW 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
CM Hyper 212 EVO Push/Pull Win7 Pro Sidewinder X4 OCZ ZS 650W 
CaseMouse
CM HAF X RAT 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II 1600T GA990XA-UD3 Palit 550ti Palit 550ti (sli) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB (4X4) Gskill OCZ Agility 3 120GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB WD Black 500GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Cheapo DVDRW AC Freezer 7 Pro Win 7 Pro Server 2008 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu Win 8 OCZ ZS 650w Self modded cheapo thing 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › New Intel budget build for my Father-In-Law