Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TOT]Google Glass Banned by Food Chain Giant McDonalds?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TOT]Google Glass Banned by Food Chain Giant McDonalds? - Page 15

post #141 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

What is it?

Covering Your Ass. Many seemingly stupid business rules are just that.
Millenium Falcon
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4930k MSI Big Bang Xpower II EVGA GTX 690 Patriot Viper II Sector 7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Deneva 2 Corsair Force 3 Maxtor Western Digital Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung BD/DVD-RW Swiftech MCP655 x2 Black Ice GTX 480 Black Ice GTX 280 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Repack Dual D5 Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Alphacool GTX 690 fullcover Bitspower Big Bang Xpower II fullcover 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional 3x Dell S2340 Max Keyboard Durandal CoolerMaster V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza Genesis 9000B Logitech G700 Roccat Alumic Onkyo HT-S9100THX 
  hide details  
Reply
Millenium Falcon
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4930k MSI Big Bang Xpower II EVGA GTX 690 Patriot Viper II Sector 7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Deneva 2 Corsair Force 3 Maxtor Western Digital Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung BD/DVD-RW Swiftech MCP655 x2 Black Ice GTX 480 Black Ice GTX 280 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Repack Dual D5 Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Alphacool GTX 690 fullcover Bitspower Big Bang Xpower II fullcover 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional 3x Dell S2340 Max Keyboard Durandal CoolerMaster V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza Genesis 9000B Logitech G700 Roccat Alumic Onkyo HT-S9100THX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #142 of 227
These bans are good, privacy is a real concern. Let people go to places without the risk of secretly being filmed and put on the internet for the next 20 years. The same thing can happen with smartphones/cameras, but they're easy to spot when directed towards you.
post #143 of 227
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post

Covering Your Ass. Many seemingly stupid business rules are just that.

That is exactly what I'm saying, they just don't want you recording their crap, if so this ban IMO is illegal.

I hope Google will act against this unreasonable bans.
post #144 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

That is exactly what I'm saying, they just don't want you recording their crap, if so this ban IMO is illegal.

I hope Google will act against this unreasonable bans.

They're private sector workers working in a private business. As such, they have the right to not be recorded.
Millenium Falcon
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4930k MSI Big Bang Xpower II EVGA GTX 690 Patriot Viper II Sector 7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Deneva 2 Corsair Force 3 Maxtor Western Digital Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung BD/DVD-RW Swiftech MCP655 x2 Black Ice GTX 480 Black Ice GTX 280 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Repack Dual D5 Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Alphacool GTX 690 fullcover Bitspower Big Bang Xpower II fullcover 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional 3x Dell S2340 Max Keyboard Durandal CoolerMaster V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza Genesis 9000B Logitech G700 Roccat Alumic Onkyo HT-S9100THX 
  hide details  
Reply
Millenium Falcon
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4930k MSI Big Bang Xpower II EVGA GTX 690 Patriot Viper II Sector 7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Deneva 2 Corsair Force 3 Maxtor Western Digital Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung BD/DVD-RW Swiftech MCP655 x2 Black Ice GTX 480 Black Ice GTX 280 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Repack Dual D5 Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Alphacool GTX 690 fullcover Bitspower Big Bang Xpower II fullcover 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional 3x Dell S2340 Max Keyboard Durandal CoolerMaster V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza Genesis 9000B Logitech G700 Roccat Alumic Onkyo HT-S9100THX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #145 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post

They're private sector workers working in a private business. As such, they have the right to not be recorded.
Most private sector workers are being recorded by their employer. The right not to be recorded only applies to your personal home, and even then there are exceptions.
Old and busted
(11 items)
 
New Hotness
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X2 555 870A Fuzion (MS-7660) MSI NX8800GTS 640 OC Mushkin  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin  Zalman CNPS10X Performa Windows 8 64 bit Dell 2208 WFP 1680*1050 
KeyboardPowerCase
Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 MSI 7870 Twin Frozr OC Samsung DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 SSD POS Lightscribe DVD burner Zalman CNPS10x Performa, dual fans. Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 248qe Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
Mouse
Generic USB mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Old and busted
(11 items)
 
New Hotness
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X2 555 870A Fuzion (MS-7660) MSI NX8800GTS 640 OC Mushkin  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin  Zalman CNPS10X Performa Windows 8 64 bit Dell 2208 WFP 1680*1050 
KeyboardPowerCase
Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 MSI 7870 Twin Frozr OC Samsung DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 SSD POS Lightscribe DVD burner Zalman CNPS10x Performa, dual fans. Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 248qe Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
Mouse
Generic USB mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #146 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by villain View Post

These bans are good, privacy is a real concern. Let people go to places without the risk of secretly being filmed and put on the internet for the next 20 years. The same thing can happen with smartphones/cameras, but they're easy to spot when directed towards you.
You genuinely care whether there is a video of you eating McDonalds on the internet?
Timid Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x3 445 @3.825GHz ASUS M4A785TD-V Evo Sapphire 7850 6gb 1360 7-8-7-22-29 Kingston 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 64gb Caviar Blue 500gb 22x DVD RAM Cooler Master Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Hanns G 23" 1080p Xenta Black Chiclet Corsair CX430 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Gamma Microsoft Sidewinder x8 Oak ASUS Xonar DG > Superlux 668b 
  hide details  
Reply
Timid Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x3 445 @3.825GHz ASUS M4A785TD-V Evo Sapphire 7850 6gb 1360 7-8-7-22-29 Kingston 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 64gb Caviar Blue 500gb 22x DVD RAM Cooler Master Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Hanns G 23" 1080p Xenta Black Chiclet Corsair CX430 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Gamma Microsoft Sidewinder x8 Oak ASUS Xonar DG > Superlux 668b 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 227
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post

They're private sector workers working in a private business. As such, they have the right to not be recorded.

then read this, he have a good point. http://www.overclock.net/t/1392316/tot-google-glass-banned-by-food-chain-giant-mcdonalds/120_20#post_20001944
they can't just make any rules, it has to be reasonable.
post #148 of 227
Like it or not a business can make whatever rules they want in regards to what is and isn't permitted on and in their property. As was stated by someone else, some states have open carry laws permitting the open carry of a firearm. If a business don't want people carrying firearms on their property they can legally post and ban them. Also, consider that under provisions of the Homeland Security Act, you can be detained and questioned for taking pictures or videos of certain locations ( ie: police & fire stations, railway stations, factories, power stations, dams, bridges etc)
Bottom line is, Goole glass is a leap forward in tech but it also opens a whole can of worms.

And here's the million dollar question.........I pay $1500 for Google Glass can I play my games on ultra and at 1440? If not I'll stick with my desktop! smile.gif
Monster HAF
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300 Gigabyte GA970A-D3 EVGA GrForce GTX 650 Kingston Hyber X Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Cavair Black Asetek 570LX Windows 7 Home Pro Acer G226HQL 21.5" 1920x1080 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G226HQL 21.5" 1920x1080 Azio Large print Tri-color LED Corsair CX500 Cooler Master HAF X 
Mouse
Corsair Vengence M60 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Vengeance® — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory... WD Corsair Black Corsair Hydro Series H100i High Performance Dua... Windows 7 Pro 
PowerCase
HX Series HX1050 Power Supply — 1050 Watt 80 PL... Cooler Master HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster HAF
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300 Gigabyte GA970A-D3 EVGA GrForce GTX 650 Kingston Hyber X Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Cavair Black Asetek 570LX Windows 7 Home Pro Acer G226HQL 21.5" 1920x1080 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G226HQL 21.5" 1920x1080 Azio Large print Tri-color LED Corsair CX500 Cooler Master HAF X 
Mouse
Corsair Vengence M60 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Vengeance® — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory... WD Corsair Black Corsair Hydro Series H100i High Performance Dua... Windows 7 Pro 
PowerCase
HX Series HX1050 Power Supply — 1050 Watt 80 PL... Cooler Master HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyfire View Post

Like it or not a business can make whatever rules they want in regards to what is and isn't permitted on and in their property. As was stated by someone else, some states have open carry laws permitting the open carry of a firearm. If a business don't want people carrying firearms on their property they can legally post and ban them. Also, consider that under provisions of the Homeland Security Act, you can be detained and questioned for taking pictures or videos of certain locations ( ie: police & fire stations, railway stations, factories, power stations, dams, bridges etc)
Bottom line is, Goole glass is a leap forward in tech but it also opens a whole can of worms.

And here's the million dollar question.........I pay $1500 for Google Glass can I play my games on ultra and at 1440? If not I'll stick with my desktop! smile.gif
I'm pretty sure you're wrong there (and I'm the poster you're referring to). In open carry states, businesses cannot prevent people from entering their business with an openly carried firearm. Banks cannot. Bars cannot. Federal offices are considered federal property, and are therefore considered to be under under federal law (which prevents open carry in federal buildings). There was once a federal ban on open carry within 1,000 feet of a K-12 school, but that has been found unconstitutional.

Unreasonable private discrimination is illegal under many circumstances. You cannot discriminate based on gender, or ethnicity. In some states you are not permitted to discriminate based on sexual orientation or political affiliation. Google can claim that the discrimination against their product but not smartphones is an unwarranted targetting of their specific business. It is a very legitimate case and one I'd wager Google will win, especially with many other tech companies willing to help pay for their legal team and file amicus briefs.
Old and busted
(11 items)
 
New Hotness
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X2 555 870A Fuzion (MS-7660) MSI NX8800GTS 640 OC Mushkin  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin  Zalman CNPS10X Performa Windows 8 64 bit Dell 2208 WFP 1680*1050 
KeyboardPowerCase
Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 MSI 7870 Twin Frozr OC Samsung DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 SSD POS Lightscribe DVD burner Zalman CNPS10x Performa, dual fans. Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 248qe Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
Mouse
Generic USB mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Old and busted
(11 items)
 
New Hotness
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X2 555 870A Fuzion (MS-7660) MSI NX8800GTS 640 OC Mushkin  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin  Zalman CNPS10X Performa Windows 8 64 bit Dell 2208 WFP 1680*1050 
KeyboardPowerCase
Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 MSI 7870 Twin Frozr OC Samsung DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 SSD POS Lightscribe DVD burner Zalman CNPS10x Performa, dual fans. Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 248qe Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
Mouse
Generic USB mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #150 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakravant View Post

I'm pretty sure you're wrong there (and I'm the poster you're referring to). In open carry states, businesses cannot prevent people from entering their business with an openly carried firearm. Banks cannot. Bars cannot. Federal offices are considered federal property, and are therefore considered to be under under federal law (which prevents open carry in federal buildings). There was once a federal ban on open carry within 1,000 feet of a K-12 school, but that has been found unconstitutional.

Unreasonable private discrimination is illegal under many circumstances. You cannot discriminate based on gender, or ethnicity. In some states you are not permitted to discriminate based on sexual orientation or political affiliation. Google can claim that the discrimination against their product but not smartphones is an unwarranted targetting of their specific business. It is a very legitimate case and one I'd wager Google will win, especially with many other tech companies willing to help pay for their legal team and file amicus briefs.

You might wish to check the laws of your state about this. The follow is from Jan 25, 2013.........

FRANKFORT (AP) — Firearms that are openly displayed can now be carried into facilities that are owned by municipalities.

The Courier-Journal reports that a revision to state law approved last year by legislators is now subject to enforcement. The change specifies that "local governments can't regulate firearms."

That means people can openly carry the weapons into facilities that are owned by municipalities, such as libraries, parks, the zoo and city halls. Local governments can ban concealed weapons under another state law.

Guns are banned in some facilities under state law, such as schools, jails and prisons. In addition, private businesses can still ban firearms.

( Full article can be found here http://www.courierpress.com/news/2013/jan/25/no-headline---ky--open_carry_law_1st_ld/
Monster HAF
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300 Gigabyte GA970A-D3 EVGA GrForce GTX 650 Kingston Hyber X Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Cavair Black Asetek 570LX Windows 7 Home Pro Acer G226HQL 21.5" 1920x1080 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G226HQL 21.5" 1920x1080 Azio Large print Tri-color LED Corsair CX500 Cooler Master HAF X 
Mouse
Corsair Vengence M60 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Vengeance® — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory... WD Corsair Black Corsair Hydro Series H100i High Performance Dua... Windows 7 Pro 
PowerCase
HX Series HX1050 Power Supply — 1050 Watt 80 PL... Cooler Master HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster HAF
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300 Gigabyte GA970A-D3 EVGA GrForce GTX 650 Kingston Hyber X Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Cavair Black Asetek 570LX Windows 7 Home Pro Acer G226HQL 21.5" 1920x1080 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G226HQL 21.5" 1920x1080 Azio Large print Tri-color LED Corsair CX500 Cooler Master HAF X 
Mouse
Corsair Vengence M60 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Vengeance® — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory... WD Corsair Black Corsair Hydro Series H100i High Performance Dua... Windows 7 Pro 
PowerCase
HX Series HX1050 Power Supply — 1050 Watt 80 PL... Cooler Master HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TOT]Google Glass Banned by Food Chain Giant McDonalds?