I know im probably in the minority on a tech forum but i dont think these things are a good idea at all.
*imagine being out shopping with your kids and a dodgy man is sat on a bench with his paper filming you and your children in HD so he can auto upload images to his shared pedo *** account ? Sensationalist? realistic?
* imagine being in the pub / club and having a few beers, someone spills your beer and is behaving like an arse in front of you and your mates and you end up in an unexpected and rare fight in self defense? its instantly on "someones" we don't know who,it could be ANYONE's facebook and the video capture as just like with real life editing portrays it to be your fault. Monday morning comes and your boss or a colleague has seen it and your in the poop maybe sacked.
* imagine your in a public urinal and some guy is snapping your snapper to send to all his friends? don't say that thought hasn't crossed your mind
* imagine your friend is walking down the street and he bro-touches your hand by mistake.. you say "fag" as a joke, its recorded and all of a sudden your a homophobe
* imagine talking about terrorism? any cultural / regional comments could be interpreted in any way.
* imagine having a private conversation with someone ( People don't always follow rules) and its being recorded, Anywhere, anyhow.
* No offense to those who have teenage girl friends here who can drive, but the amount of them at the moment texting whilst driving is ridiculous, even though thats illegal in my country and if you cause and accident it is upto a 5 year prison sentence for little miss prim. Yet still they do it, they ignore the law. So imagine a pop up from a friend when driving ? what are they going to be looking at when they cause you a serious back injury or worse and hit your stationary car?
* We all like women, its great to stare in admiration but aren't some people going to take this technology to ridiculous levels and stalk easier than ever before? its all about ease of access and quality + the rapid ability to share and store were not talking little crap spy cams here.
nerdy spy glasses geeks everywhere & when apple copies there will be middle aged roll neck jumper EYE-tards everywhere ?
Also, I love tech but there seems to be a trend that ANYONE that says ANYTHING negative constructive about new Technology, even if its just re-packaged and more accessible such as this is seem as some sort of backwards medieval and that there only intention is to block progression.
This tech could be used in a very limited and controlled way to help some people for good, but giving it to every person on the street from every walk of life with their variable moral compasses seems like a terrible idea.