Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Best bang-for-the-buck mechanical keyboard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best bang-for-the-buck mechanical keyboard - Page 2

post #11 of 73
Macro keys are programmable keys, say for example if you want one key to do ctrl + f, you can program that with certain gaming keyboards/mice.

Also, I'm genuinely curious about this website. What does it take to get rep? Almost every time I try to be helpful I never get reps. I'm not here trying to ask for it, but it's a question I'm honestly unsure of.... I see a lot of people with tons of rep but I've been here for a while and still cannot sell my hardware on this site until I get 30 rep.
Bladestorm Z
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 5ghz [1.4v] MSI Z77 MPOWER MSI GeForce GTX 1070 @ +225/+450 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2200mhz [1.5v] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Professional x64 2x Debezeled QNIX QX2710 [77hz] 
PowerCase
Corsair AX860i Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
Bladestorm Z
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 5ghz [1.4v] MSI Z77 MPOWER MSI GeForce GTX 1070 @ +225/+450 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2200mhz [1.5v] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Professional x64 2x Debezeled QNIX QX2710 [77hz] 
PowerCase
Corsair AX860i Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 73
Thread Starter 
So the need of macro keys really depend on the user? Or are they really necessary?
post #13 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

So the need of macro keys really depend on the user? Or are they really necessary?

Macro keys are not necessary of course, it's just based on the need of the person. For some MMORPGs people like to use programmed keys. For example if you want to hit R, then hit E 3 seconds later to do a combo, you can program the key to do that... and kind of cheat.

Macro keys also allow you to program the key to do turbo/rapid fire.. you get the drift.

It just depends on your needs.
Bladestorm Z
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 5ghz [1.4v] MSI Z77 MPOWER MSI GeForce GTX 1070 @ +225/+450 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2200mhz [1.5v] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Professional x64 2x Debezeled QNIX QX2710 [77hz] 
PowerCase
Corsair AX860i Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
Bladestorm Z
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 5ghz [1.4v] MSI Z77 MPOWER MSI GeForce GTX 1070 @ +225/+450 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2200mhz [1.5v] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Professional x64 2x Debezeled QNIX QX2710 [77hz] 
PowerCase
Corsair AX860i Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0ry View Post

Macro keys are not necessary of course, it's just based on the need of the person. For some MMORPGs people like to use programmed keys. For example if you want to hit R, then hit E 3 seconds later to do a combo, you can program the key to do that... and kind of cheat.

Macro keys also allow you to program the key to do turbo/rapid fire.. you get the drift.

It just depends on your needs.

Makes sense. I personally think I don't need Macro and Media keys but preferably I want a full-size mechanical keyboard that has a backlit. Which brands are the best and can meet my needs? Regarding the switch colors, I haven't really tried any of them so I don't know which I like the most.
post #15 of 73
I'm a big fan of tenkeyless keyboards. I think they're more valuable for gamers because most of us don't use the numpad anyways, and they allow your hands to be in a more comfortable position where the hands are closer together because the keyboard isn't so massive.

At first I got annoyed not having the number pad, but after having it gone for so long, I really enjoy being able to directly acess the page up/down as well as arrow keys.

I personally have a Filco Tenkeyless but they aren't the best bang for the buck.

In my opinion these are phenomenal bang for buck, and you can pick whatever color switch you want.

http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFire-Rapid-Mechanical/dp/B0068INSUM

ps: there's a reason why brown switches are out of stock thumb.gif
Bladestorm Z
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 5ghz [1.4v] MSI Z77 MPOWER MSI GeForce GTX 1070 @ +225/+450 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2200mhz [1.5v] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Professional x64 2x Debezeled QNIX QX2710 [77hz] 
PowerCase
Corsair AX860i Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
Bladestorm Z
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 5ghz [1.4v] MSI Z77 MPOWER MSI GeForce GTX 1070 @ +225/+450 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2200mhz [1.5v] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Professional x64 2x Debezeled QNIX QX2710 [77hz] 
PowerCase
Corsair AX860i Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 73
I'd vote for a Corsair or Rosewill; any not name brand which has decent switches... because Cherry switches are switches. I have a dasSilent but you pay price premium for those kinds of keyboards.


Browns are probably the ones you want IMO.
post #17 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0ry View Post

I'm a big fan of tenkeyless keyboards. I think they're more valuable for gamers because most of us don't use the numpad anyways, and they allow your hands to be in a more comfortable position where the hands are closer together because the keyboard isn't so massive.

At first I got annoyed not having the number pad, but after having it gone for so long, I really enjoy being able to directly acess the page up/down as well as arrow keys.

I personally have a Filco Tenkeyless but they aren't the best bang for the buck.

In my opinion these are phenomenal bang for buck, and you can pick whatever color switch you want.

http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFire-Rapid-Mechanical/dp/B0068INSUM

ps: there's a reason why brown switches are out of stock thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFir View Post

I'd vote for a Corsair or Rosewill; any not name brand which has decent switches... because Cherry switches are switches. I have a dasSilent but you pay price premium for those kinds of keyboards.


Browns are probably the ones you want IMO.

Thanks. So basically Brown switches are the most "balanced" among all others? When does one want those Red switches offered by Corsair?

I sometimes use the numpad for calculator too but is the numpad really useless other than that?

Also, in what situation would one need a high #KRO keyboard?

I can also buy Ducky keyboard locally, I don't know if those are better keyboards?
post #18 of 73
They are the most "balanced" out of all the switches.

Here, read the guide to see what kinds of switches there are.
http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide/0_100#post_6009482
post #19 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFir View Post

They are the most "balanced" out of all the switches.

Here, read the guide to see what kinds of switches there are.
http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide/0_100#post_6009482

Read that guide already, actually, but still have a lot to know about these kind of switches. I guess, brown switches are for beginners?
post #20 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post


Thanks. So basically Brown switches are the most "balanced" among all others? When does one want those Red switches offered by Corsair?

I sometimes use the numpad for calculator too but is the numpad really useless other than that?

Also, in what situation would one need a high #KRO keyboard?

I can also buy Ducky keyboard locally, I don't know if those are better keyboards?

Ducky's are fine too. What Flashfir said basically I agree with, cherry switches are cherry switches no matter what brand the keyboard is. They'll likely feel the same regardless of brand, but there are differences in the key cap manufacturers, the inner workings (PCB) and the casing of the keyboard.

Brown switches aren't for beginners. Don't know what kind of thought process went behind that statement.
Bladestorm Z
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 5ghz [1.4v] MSI Z77 MPOWER MSI GeForce GTX 1070 @ +225/+450 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2200mhz [1.5v] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Professional x64 2x Debezeled QNIX QX2710 [77hz] 
PowerCase
Corsair AX860i Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
Bladestorm Z
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 5ghz [1.4v] MSI Z77 MPOWER MSI GeForce GTX 1070 @ +225/+450 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2200mhz [1.5v] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Professional x64 2x Debezeled QNIX QX2710 [77hz] 
PowerCase
Corsair AX860i Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Best bang-for-the-buck mechanical keyboard