Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › The No Steam Game Selling rule...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The No Steam Game Selling rule... - Page 5

Poll Results: Sell keys on OCN?

 
  • 100% (2)
    Yes, we should be able to
  • 0% (0)
    No, it will cause too many headaches
2 Total Votes  
post #41 of 53
Are people allowed to trade on Steam via Steam Inventory Trading?

This question seemed to have been skipped multiple times.
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #42 of 53
Sigh... Does anyone else get tired of the same arguments appearing every few weeks ended by a mod saying 'Tough.'

@ Brettjv, how can you make an informed decision about this rule when you only 'suspect' why things are a certain way.

From where I'm standing It's hard to see why it isn't allowed with a strong "At your own risk" disclaimer, as the only supplied answers run along the lines of 'Because it's always been like this'. If you could be a little more specific as to why it isn't allowed it might help us understand why you entertain the idea.
1st Self-Built
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
A10-5800K AsRock A75 Pro-4 M Crucial Seagate Barracuda 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 8 Pro Thermaltake Toughpower 675 NZXT H 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
1st Self-Built
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
A10-5800K AsRock A75 Pro-4 M Crucial Seagate Barracuda 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 8 Pro Thermaltake Toughpower 675 NZXT H 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimme View Post

Sigh... Does anyone else get tired of the same arguments appearing every few weeks ended by a mod saying 'Tough.'

@ Brettjv, how can you make an informed decision about this rule when you only 'suspect' why things are a certain way.

From where I'm standing It's hard to see why it isn't allowed with a strong "At your own risk" disclaimer, as the only supplied answers run along the lines of 'Because it's always been like this'. If you could be a little more specific as to why it isn't allowed it might help us understand why you entertain the idea.
+1
Every sale on here is at your own risk.
  • The fact that there is extra risk involving keys is irrelevant. Still at own risk. This is why there is a Trader's rating score. To help inform people of safe(or safer) transactions.
  • The fact of selling a game code you got free does not include game keys that a person actually purchases.
Maybe one day the good mods on here will let us trade or sell keys. I for one am not like some people that just download a game illegally, I would rather purchase the game(at the right price).
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 53
I found myself in the same boat a few weeks ago as the people who are trying to sell their games here in the MP. I was told it is against the rules, the ToS etc. So I did what thousands of other people around the world do who want to sell something online. I went to E-Bay, listed the games for $30/each, which seemed to be a very fair price. Apparently other people thought it was a fair price as well because the games were sold in under 6 hours. E-Bay took their $2 and change and I made a little money. No Big Deal. The Mods and staff have stated repeatedly that this is the way it is and the way it will be, why are we still at this? You've asked and complained and pleaded and badgered to no avail. Go make an account on E-Bay and list the games already, in the time that you wasted here in this thread you could have sold 100 games already. rolleyes.gif

If it is really that big of a deal, why not just send a message to Admin or Sentinel or whoever runs the joint? You are not going to accomplish anything in this thread other than waste time?
Dark Nova
(20 items)
 
 
New HAF-X Build
(37 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 Black Edition ASUS 990FX MSI R7950 Twin Frozr III Boost Corsiar XMS 3 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsiar XMS 3 corsair xms3 corsair xms3 crucial m4 ssd 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LiteOn DVD Burner antec kuhler 920 yate loon 120mm HS x4 yate loon 120mm MS x3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
cooler master 200mm windows 8 pro HP 2011x CM storm quick fire 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake m smart series 850 watt cooler master HAF-X logitech m705 logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7 3970X MSI Big Bang-XPower II LGA 2011 Intel X79  MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970  MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970  
CoolingMonitorMonitorMonitor
custom water cooling from various manufacturers HP 2011x HP 2011x HP 2011x 
PowerCase
PC Power & Cooling MK III 750 BitFenix Colossus Venom 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Nova
(20 items)
 
 
New HAF-X Build
(37 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 Black Edition ASUS 990FX MSI R7950 Twin Frozr III Boost Corsiar XMS 3 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsiar XMS 3 corsair xms3 corsair xms3 crucial m4 ssd 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LiteOn DVD Burner antec kuhler 920 yate loon 120mm HS x4 yate loon 120mm MS x3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
cooler master 200mm windows 8 pro HP 2011x CM storm quick fire 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake m smart series 850 watt cooler master HAF-X logitech m705 logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7 3970X MSI Big Bang-XPower II LGA 2011 Intel X79  MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970  MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970  
CoolingMonitorMonitorMonitor
custom water cooling from various manufacturers HP 2011x HP 2011x HP 2011x 
PowerCase
PC Power & Cooling MK III 750 BitFenix Colossus Venom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 53
Unfortunately thats where I resorted to buy some of my games. And i hate Fleabay............
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimme View Post

Sigh... Does anyone else get tired of the same arguments appearing every few weeks ended by a mod saying 'Tough.'

@ Brettjv, how can you make an informed decision about this rule when you only 'suspect' why things are a certain way.

From where I'm standing It's hard to see why it isn't allowed with a strong "At your own risk" disclaimer, as the only supplied answers run along the lines of 'Because it's always been like this'. If you could be a little more specific as to why it isn't allowed it might help us understand why you entertain the idea.

It's not allowed because it's in the ToS of this site. By joining this site, you agree to abide by the rules set forth. Beyond that, they really do not owe you or anyone else on this site a reason. The reason they are answering your questions is out of sheer concern for the members of this site. They do not have to answer your questions.

More than likely, the reason things cannot be sold "for profit" is due to tax reasons. By becoming a "for profit" marketplace, it changes the nature of Overclock.net; it becomes a business more akin to eBay or an online retailer of goods. Things have to be closely regulated and special taxes have to be paid for transactions. By selling items second hand or for a lower price than what the item was actually bought for, the "for profit" aspect is diminished, and instead, you get a transaction that is more akin to a "garage sale" than eBay. That is to say that the agreement is between two parties and is not required to be mediated. When you add in a middle-man (like eBay), that's when the nature of the business changes. Right now, Overclock.net's Marketplace is a glorified Craigslist for computer parts.

However, when you try and assign a value to something that has no REAL value (such as a game voucher), suddenly the scenario changes again. Overclock.net is forced into a difficult spot if audited by the person buying said voucher. The main reason is because if the voucher is used, it has no value, and the only way to tell if it is used or not is to try the key after the transaction has taken place. Once the key is assigned, it cannot be sold again. Basically, if the key doesn't work, the seller, the buyer, AND Overclock.net get screwed up a wall... damned if you do, damned if you don't.

This is the reason that physical goods are acceptable, but keys/vouchers are not. This is not eBay; it's a marketplace. Sell/buy/trade at your own risk, but do not ask Overclock.net's Staff to alter the ToS. It's in place for a reason, whether you understand it or not.
Edited by Mad Pistol - 5/22/13 at 12:15am
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 53
You say you hate Fleabay, I just said that I sold my games on Fleabay, so not all Fleabay sellers ar scumbags, some fleabay sellers are OCN members who happen to sell their stuff on fleabay as well as or in place of the MP as they may not have enough REP or the ToS don't allow the sale of some items.
For instance, check out a buildlog of mine entitled GooD Girl Gone Bad, now if you happened to be on fleabay a few weeks ago looking to buy a computer you would have seen that computer, a totally solid machine for quite a reasonable offer. not all fleabay sellers are scum
Dark Nova
(20 items)
 
 
New HAF-X Build
(37 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 Black Edition ASUS 990FX MSI R7950 Twin Frozr III Boost Corsiar XMS 3 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsiar XMS 3 corsair xms3 corsair xms3 crucial m4 ssd 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LiteOn DVD Burner antec kuhler 920 yate loon 120mm HS x4 yate loon 120mm MS x3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
cooler master 200mm windows 8 pro HP 2011x CM storm quick fire 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake m smart series 850 watt cooler master HAF-X logitech m705 logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7 3970X MSI Big Bang-XPower II LGA 2011 Intel X79  MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970  MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970  
CoolingMonitorMonitorMonitor
custom water cooling from various manufacturers HP 2011x HP 2011x HP 2011x 
PowerCase
PC Power & Cooling MK III 750 BitFenix Colossus Venom 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Nova
(20 items)
 
 
New HAF-X Build
(37 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 Black Edition ASUS 990FX MSI R7950 Twin Frozr III Boost Corsiar XMS 3 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsiar XMS 3 corsair xms3 corsair xms3 crucial m4 ssd 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LiteOn DVD Burner antec kuhler 920 yate loon 120mm HS x4 yate loon 120mm MS x3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
cooler master 200mm windows 8 pro HP 2011x CM storm quick fire 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake m smart series 850 watt cooler master HAF-X logitech m705 logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7 3970X MSI Big Bang-XPower II LGA 2011 Intel X79  MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970  MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970  
CoolingMonitorMonitorMonitor
custom water cooling from various manufacturers HP 2011x HP 2011x HP 2011x 
PowerCase
PC Power & Cooling MK III 750 BitFenix Colossus Venom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 53
Makes sense. Thanks for answering MadPistol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael36 View Post

You say you hate Fleabay, I just said that I sold my games on Fleabay, so not all Fleabay sellers ar scumbags, some fleabay sellers are OCN members who happen to sell their stuff on fleabay as well as or in place of the MP as they may not have enough REP or the ToS don't allow the sale of some items.
For instance, check out a buildlog of mine entitled GooD Girl Gone Bad, now if you happened to be on fleabay a few weeks ago looking to buy a computer you would have seen that computer, a totally solid machine for quite a reasonable offer. not all fleabay sellers are scum
Not talking about the sellers on ebay man. I sell on eBay also. Im talking about Ebay charging me for ridiculous fees to sell. They charge me a percentage of even my shipping fees, out of pocket of course.
Edited by Swolern - 5/22/13 at 12:26am
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

Makes sense. Thanks for answering MadPistol.
Not talking about the sellers on ebay man. I sell on eBay also. Im talking about Ebay charging me for ridiculous fees to sell. They charge me a percentage of even my shipping fees, out of pocket of course.
Sorry misunderstood you. I know, tell me about it, they could squeeze a nickel from a rock
Dark Nova
(20 items)
 
 
New HAF-X Build
(37 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 Black Edition ASUS 990FX MSI R7950 Twin Frozr III Boost Corsiar XMS 3 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsiar XMS 3 corsair xms3 corsair xms3 crucial m4 ssd 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LiteOn DVD Burner antec kuhler 920 yate loon 120mm HS x4 yate loon 120mm MS x3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
cooler master 200mm windows 8 pro HP 2011x CM storm quick fire 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake m smart series 850 watt cooler master HAF-X logitech m705 logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7 3970X MSI Big Bang-XPower II LGA 2011 Intel X79  MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970  MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970  
CoolingMonitorMonitorMonitor
custom water cooling from various manufacturers HP 2011x HP 2011x HP 2011x 
PowerCase
PC Power & Cooling MK III 750 BitFenix Colossus Venom 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Nova
(20 items)
 
 
New HAF-X Build
(37 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 Black Edition ASUS 990FX MSI R7950 Twin Frozr III Boost Corsiar XMS 3 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsiar XMS 3 corsair xms3 corsair xms3 crucial m4 ssd 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LiteOn DVD Burner antec kuhler 920 yate loon 120mm HS x4 yate loon 120mm MS x3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
cooler master 200mm windows 8 pro HP 2011x CM storm quick fire 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake m smart series 850 watt cooler master HAF-X logitech m705 logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7 3970X MSI Big Bang-XPower II LGA 2011 Intel X79  MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970  MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970  
CoolingMonitorMonitorMonitor
custom water cooling from various manufacturers HP 2011x HP 2011x HP 2011x 
PowerCase
PC Power & Cooling MK III 750 BitFenix Colossus Venom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

It's not allowed because it's in the ToS of this site. By joining this site, you agree to abide by the rules set forth. Beyond that, they really do not owe you or anyone else on this site a reason. The reason they are answering your questions is out of sheer concern for the members of this site. They do not have to answer your questions.

More than likely, the reason things cannot be sold "for profit" is due to tax reasons. By becoming a "for profit" marketplace, it changes the nature of Overclock.net; it becomes a business more akin to eBay or an online retailer of goods. Things have to be closely regulated and special taxes have to be paid for transactions. By selling items second hand or for a lower price than what the item was actually bought for, the "for profit" aspect is diminished, and instead, you get a transaction that is more akin to a "garage sale" than eBay. That is to say that the agreement is between two parties and is not required to be mediated. When you add in a middle-man (like eBay), that's when the nature of the business changes. Right now, Overclock.net's Marketplace is a glorified Craigslist for computer parts.

However, when you try and assign a value to something that has no REAL value (such as a game voucher), suddenly the scenario changes again. Overclock.net is forced into a difficult spot if audited by the person buying said voucher. The main reason is because if the voucher is used, it has no value, and the only way to tell if it is used or not is to try the key after the transaction has taken place. Once the key is assigned, it cannot be sold again. Basically, if the key doesn't work, the seller, the buyer, AND Overclock.net get screwed up a wall... damned if you do, damned if you don't.

This is the reason that physical goods are acceptable, but keys/vouchers are not. This is not eBay; it's a marketplace. Sell/buy/trade at your own risk, but do not ask Overclock.net's Staff to alter the ToS. It's in place for a reason, whether you understand it or not.

See I like actual answers like this.

I still don't get where the "Middle Man" is coming in. We don't need one. It's at your own risk once again.

I also do believe game vouchers do have a value, which is a little less than what the game actually is. I still think there should be a special sub-forum that is an at your own risk for vouchers only. Members with more rep, and have been here longer (us veterans) would be able to sell keys.

The last bolded part was the only thing I really did not agree with. This forum is for US, and the community is US. I know we don't own, maintain, or really do anything, but the content here IS made by US. We have every right to at least ask for a change to the ToS whether it is actually altered or not.
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 Asrock B350 Fatal1ty ITX Asus GTX1060 G.Skill 8gb 3000mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250gb Samsung 850 Pro SATA LG DVD Burner Windows 10 Pro X64 23" Asus 144hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 EVGA 500w Gold EVGA Hadron Air Logitech G Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 Asrock B350 Fatal1ty ITX Asus GTX1060 G.Skill 8gb 3000mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250gb Samsung 850 Pro SATA LG DVD Burner Windows 10 Pro X64 23" Asus 144hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 EVGA 500w Gold EVGA Hadron Air Logitech G Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › The No Steam Game Selling rule...