Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] Xbox One Reveal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] Xbox One Reveal - Page 125

post #1241 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield View Post

You don't know this for definite anymore than I do know it for definite.

What I do know is that I do not trust a company like Microsoft enough to not do it. Therefore I will not be buying it. I forever remain sceptical until the technology (and hackers, because they're always the ones that expose the real deal biggrin.gif ) proven otherwise. thumb.gif

That comes from someone who has supported the Xbox and Xbox 360 consoles from day one. That's how strongly I feel about it all. wink.gif

same, cancelled my renewal and was a xbox fan from day 1.

2 reasons.

1. Privacy, its principle over practice for me. its my choice not to buy into the technology. US-MS can just as easily work with governments and if you blindly trust your government your doing it wrong. My phone has tracking (as much as i can) turned off, i only used it when i need these days otherwise its off. I don't have facebook (social virus) and guess what? i still have lots of real friends and go out socializing with them too as well as online. I DO NOT want or need a camera on monitoring my 'personal room status' whilst I game. You can call it progress, yes but progress can be bad. Hitler thought that killing 3 million Jews was progress for example and all this tech serves is the company not the user its 1!0% DRM way beyond the game you play.

Don't hate though after all you can buy COD and FIFA and i will miss out and feel lonely playing custom maps on ARMA III using an occulus Rift with my PC buddies.

2. I have a friend who doesn't have a lot of cash and is physically disabled, but loves game probably a LOT more than your average Rig builder / Modder. The person in question can rarely afford new games but even though he is low on income he doesn't pirate a game as he believes that is a bad thing. So he is in a demographic where by most people would pirate music/movies/games to save money. And its exactly that type of person this system penalizes. No more can he buy used games or trade, for him gaming is going to die out sooner than expected and its one of the few pleasures he has


So Meh, its another box of electronics, with more whistles and apps. Big deal, what it gives with one hand it takes away with the other.
post #1242 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerVI View Post

I also don't want to have to use a memory card to carry my profile between two machines as well. I hate having to download my profile each time or use a memory card. I should be able to tie multiple machines to an account.

 

Your profile will be available via the cloud. All you will need to do is log in, which Kinect does for you if it recognizes you.

War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1243 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by phill1978 View Post

same, cancelled my renewal and was a xbox fan from day 1.

2 reasons.

1. Privacy, its principle over practice for me. its my choice not to buy into the technology. US-MS can just as easily work with governments and if you blindly trust your government your doing it wrong. My phone has tracking (as much as i can) turned off, i only used it when i need these days otherwise its off. I don't have facebook (social virus) and guess what? i still have lots of real friends and go out socializing with them too as well as online. I DO NOT want or need a camera on monitoring my 'personal room status' whilst I game. You can call it progress, yes but progress can be bad. Hitler thought that killing 3 million Jews was progress for example and all this tech serves is the company not the user its 1!0% DRM way beyond the game you play.

Don't hate though after all you can buy COD and FIFA and i will miss out and feel lonely playing custom maps on ARMA III using an occulus Rift with my PC buddies.

2. I have a friend who doesn't have a lot of cash and is physically disabled, but loves game probably a LOT more than your average Rig builder / Modder. The person in question can rarely afford new games but even though he is low on income he doesn't pirate a game as he believes that is a bad thing. So he is in a demographic where by most people would pirate music/movies/games to save money. And its exactly that type of person this system penalizes. No more can he buy used games or trade, for him gaming is going to die out sooner than expected and its one of the few pleasures he has


So Meh, its another box of electronics, with more whistles and apps. Big deal, what it gives with one hand it takes away with the other.

Your cellular company has the ability to turn on any of those features whenever they like. Turning off your gps isn't going to stop them from being able to track you down. They can also turn on the mic and camera whenever they want. Military has written code that allows them to turn peoples phones into survillance cams but they are not using it as that is invasion of privacy. Which means they are using it smile.gif
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-960 Bloodfield 3.2GHz MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel ATX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Home Premium Logitech G510 Antec 700W 
Case
Antec 902 V3 ATX Mid Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-960 Bloodfield 3.2GHz MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel ATX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Home Premium Logitech G510 Antec 700W 
Case
Antec 902 V3 ATX Mid Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1244 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield View Post

Your profile will be available via the cloud. All you will need to do is log in, which Kinect does for you if it recognizes you.

I haven't a lot of opportunity to play with the kinect. It is actually smart enough to know if I am standing there or a picture of me is standing there? Like can it see in 3D? I mean, I don't think any one would go Mission Impossible style and make a mask of some one's face just to get on their Xbox Live account, but it is pretty easy to snap a picture of some one walking out of a Game Stop.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1245 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi2uHorde View Post


Your cellular company has the ability to turn on any of those features whenever they like. Turning off your gps isn't going to stop them from being able to track you down. They can also turn on the mic and camera whenever they want. Military has written code that allows them to turn peoples phones into survillance cams but they are not using it as that is invasion of privacy. Which means they are using it smile.gif

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

I haven't a lot of opportunity to play with the kinect. It is actually smart enough to know if I am standing there or a picture of me is standing there? Like can it see in 3D? I mean, I don't think any one would go Mission Impossible style and make a mask of some one's face just to get on their Xbox Live account, but it is pretty easy to snap a picture of some one walking out of a Game Stop.

 

It is smart enough to know the difference between you and a photo as it works via 3D motion capture.


Edited by Lifeshield - 5/23/13 at 1:45pm
War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1246 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhill2029 View Post

One of things that does get on my nerves with event like these, is the constant clapping and cheering from the audience when something really lame is performed on stage. I mean seriously, these people are easily impressed. Everytime someone did something on stage like saying "xbox on"......i was like oh please.....so 90's, but yet the audience is having a seizure about it.

which was like the whole thing (was lame imo)

and if I had a dollar for every time they said the words "next gen" omg

http://qkme.me/3ujfld
Edited by mtbiker033 - 5/23/13 at 1:42pm
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1247 of 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield View Post



Exactly! I have no problem lending my phones camera to help Batman!
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-960 Bloodfield 3.2GHz MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel ATX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Home Premium Logitech G510 Antec 700W 
Case
Antec 902 V3 ATX Mid Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-960 Bloodfield 3.2GHz MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel ATX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Home Premium Logitech G510 Antec 700W 
Case
Antec 902 V3 ATX Mid Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1248 of 1376
All of you comparing it to a TiVo are being ridiculous. This device will not replace your cable box. It can not tune digital cable. It has no slot for a CableCARD Without a CableCARD, it can not tune channels. Period. That's what the HDMI input is for.



And I'm not defending Microsoft's abandonment of gaming either. I don't want my XBOX to have anything to do with broadcast TV. Not at all. But don't call it a cable box when it can't tune cable channels.
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
Reply
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1249 of 1376
I still don't see any problem with the XBOX ONE. If I wanted the same console I would just buy another XBOX 360. Innovation will always be hated at first.

Still sticking with PC gaming though.
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-960 Bloodfield 3.2GHz MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel ATX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Home Premium Logitech G510 Antec 700W 
Case
Antec 902 V3 ATX Mid Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-960 Bloodfield 3.2GHz MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel ATX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Home Premium Logitech G510 Antec 700W 
Case
Antec 902 V3 ATX Mid Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1250 of 1376
Here is what I feel is the problem. They weren't ready to announce the xbox one. They weren't even close to ready. We have tons of questions to basic features that MS still has no answer for. You'd think if this "console" was going to be launching in 2013 they'd have more answers.

No real game demos to E3? Do they have that few games supported for it right now that if they showed us a few they would spoil the E3 fun? What about indie support? Used game support? They should have answers to these things before making an announcement for the console.

Overall Sony was way more prepared during their demo even though they showed their games on the PC they still showed games. They answered a lot of questions during and after their long announcement. I actually enjoyed watching everything expect for the move features. It left me with the idea of what the PS4 is going to be like. The xbox only left me with more questions about requiring an internet connection.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k msi z97 gaming 5 evga 980 ti G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
samsung 950 HP dual layer Windows 7 64 27 dell ips  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 850 TX corsair 540 air G900 
Mouse Pad
generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k msi z97 gaming 5 evga 980 ti G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
samsung 950 HP dual layer Windows 7 64 27 dell ips  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 850 TX corsair 540 air G900 
Mouse Pad
generic 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] Xbox One Reveal