Yeah, this thread turned out just about how I expected. How tragic.
Let me summarize the reactions:
* Give me more details on the hardware. I want to know what specific electrons are flowing. SPECIFICS!!!!
* I, just one person, don't watch TV, therefore no one anywhere watches TV, therefore Xbox One is going to be a commercial failure.
* Sports and sports games are for complete brohards. Yeah, hardcore PC gaming all the way! You! Give me a completely insecure, bro-like high five and grunt "YEAH!!!" and we'll go back to pretending we aren't the exact same.
* Ehh, partnerships, TV, web browser. Does it play games? Oh, it does? Nevermind, I'm playing games on PC. It was a rhetorical question as I (and my investment in my PC) already made up my mind.
* How dare Microsoft have the gall to design a HTPC that can play games, because no one wants that. In their living room.
* I want my bandwidth back. The bandwidth. On my unlimited usage plan. That actually belongs to my employer. Yeah. I'm going to try expensing it.
* lok at my, my caan typ wurdz mkaing fun of M$