Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › 2500k Overclock Issues
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2500k Overclock Issues - Page 2

post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBr3tt View Post


I totally disabled EIST... such a newb lol ok I believe I have the 314 drivers installed right now. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope this solves everything. I'll get my clock back up to 4.0+ and stress test. I'll uninstall the drivers again and check some of them out. I came across a thread somewhere and they said do custom install, clean installation, and then none of the other crap. Never specified what "all the other crap" was. Thanks for the help I'll be back home in like 3 hours so I'll be sure to post an update to make sure everything went smoothly.

All that "other crap" is the NVidia Update, 3D drivers (theres two i think - for people who use 3D glasses and 3D tvs..... unless you use that... you dont need it - will only conflict), NVidia Audio...

Ok come back to us with the results thumb.gif
post #12 of 21
Thread Starter 
Ok so the EIST is what the deal was with the OC. Got that taken care of. Installed the latest beta drivers and I'm basically going to go down the list if the current ones don't work for me. I'll be going about my usual routine when the TDR's occurred. I'll be back on tomorrow with a followup. What would be the best way to go about making sure my old AMD drivers are completely off? Like I said I ran driver sweeper before.
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBr3tt View Post

Ok so the EIST is what the deal was with the OC. Got that taken care of. Installed the latest beta drivers and I'm basically going to go down the list if the current ones don't work for me. I'll be going about my usual routine when the TDR's occurred. I'll be back on tomorrow with a followup. What would be the best way to go about making sure my old AMD drivers are completely off? Like I said I ran driver sweeper before.

As long as you dont see them on Control Panel or any where else listed as a file directory on your computer you should be fine. Ive never used driver sweeper before; so im not sure exactly how effective it is. Ive always just uninstalled drivers via control panel than using a 3rd party program to do so
post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthethc View Post

As long as you dont see them on Control Panel or any where else listed as a file directory on your computer you should be fine. Ive never used driver sweeper before; so im not sure exactly how effective it is. Ive always just uninstalled drivers via control panel than using a 3rd party program to do so
Ok didn't see anything there. I crashed once last night but I'm not sure if it was the TDR or the OC. It blue screened which lead me to believe it was the OC wasn't stable. The only thing was that it occurred when viewing an HD video. That's when my TDR's occurs. Either watching HD video or having multiple tabs open on my browser and iTunes playing music.
post #15 of 21
What driver are you using now? I found the 314.22 was the best for my 660 sc card. I would imagine that would be a driver problem when it crashed while surfing the web. Have you bumped the vcore yet?


edit: Could be because you have the c states turned on and the idle vcore is to low
jeffro37
(14 items)
 
755 websurfer
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k MSI Z77A-G45 EVGA 780 sc Kingston Hyper X Genises 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840  Seagate 750gb sata III Samsung 24x DVD-RW Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro Samsung 26" LCD Logitec 520 (wireless) Corsair TX 750 
CaseMouse
Coolermaster HAF X Logitec laser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel c2d e7400 xFx 750i sli ext. Evga 660 sc Kingston ddr2 800 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
WD 250 gb  hyper 212+ Windows 7 64 ultimate/ Ubuntu 13.04 Ultra X3 600w / full modular 
Case
Coolermaster Storm Enforcer 
  hide details  
Reply
jeffro37
(14 items)
 
755 websurfer
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k MSI Z77A-G45 EVGA 780 sc Kingston Hyper X Genises 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840  Seagate 750gb sata III Samsung 24x DVD-RW Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro Samsung 26" LCD Logitec 520 (wireless) Corsair TX 750 
CaseMouse
Coolermaster HAF X Logitec laser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel c2d e7400 xFx 750i sli ext. Evga 660 sc Kingston ddr2 800 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
WD 250 gb  hyper 212+ Windows 7 64 ultimate/ Ubuntu 13.04 Ultra X3 600w / full modular 
Case
Coolermaster Storm Enforcer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro37 View Post

What driver are you using now? I found the 314.22 was the best for my 660 sc card. I would imagine that would be a driver problem when it crashed while surfing the web. Have you bumped the vcore yet?


edit: Could be because you have the c states turned on and the idle vcore is to low
I have the 320.14 beta drivers installed right now. 314.22 was what I had on before and they gave me a good amount TDR's. If the c states refer to C1E, C3, and C6 in the bios then I have those disabled. Right now it's at 4.2ghz @ 1.180vcore. Don't remember seeing anything about bumping up the idle vcore. That sounds like that could be a plausible problem.
post #17 of 21
Alot of times, everybody will tell you to set up the offset vcore OC with C1E on and C3& C6 turned off. I know when idle with the c states on it will idle at a lower vcore. Could be the prob or it could be the gpu drivers. Sounds like you have it just about right. thumb.gif


E: I see you have the same ram as me. Have you tried ( or know of anybody that was able to get better speeds then 1600 ,9 9 9 27 at 1.65v? ) I have been thinking about getting a faster set of ram. because it will help with min fps in alot of games. Just wondering tho.
Edited by jeffro37 - 5/22/13 at 12:39pm
jeffro37
(14 items)
 
755 websurfer
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k MSI Z77A-G45 EVGA 780 sc Kingston Hyper X Genises 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840  Seagate 750gb sata III Samsung 24x DVD-RW Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro Samsung 26" LCD Logitec 520 (wireless) Corsair TX 750 
CaseMouse
Coolermaster HAF X Logitec laser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel c2d e7400 xFx 750i sli ext. Evga 660 sc Kingston ddr2 800 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
WD 250 gb  hyper 212+ Windows 7 64 ultimate/ Ubuntu 13.04 Ultra X3 600w / full modular 
Case
Coolermaster Storm Enforcer 
  hide details  
Reply
jeffro37
(14 items)
 
755 websurfer
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k MSI Z77A-G45 EVGA 780 sc Kingston Hyper X Genises 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840  Seagate 750gb sata III Samsung 24x DVD-RW Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro Samsung 26" LCD Logitec 520 (wireless) Corsair TX 750 
CaseMouse
Coolermaster HAF X Logitec laser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel c2d e7400 xFx 750i sli ext. Evga 660 sc Kingston ddr2 800 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
WD 250 gb  hyper 212+ Windows 7 64 ultimate/ Ubuntu 13.04 Ultra X3 600w / full modular 
Case
Coolermaster Storm Enforcer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro37 View Post

Alot of times, everybody will tell you to set up the offset vcore OC with C1E on and C3& C6 turned off. I know when idle with the c states on it will idle at a lower vcore. Could be the prob or it could be the gpu drivers. Sounds like you have it just about right. thumb.gif


E: I see you have the same ram as me. Have you tried ( or know of anybody that was able to get better speeds then 1600 ,9 9 9 27 at 1.65v? ) I have been thinking about getting a faster set of ram. because it will help with min fps in alot of games. Just wondering tho.
I tried looking into offset vcore a while ago but didn't quite grasp it. It was a very detailed and in depth write up so it went over my head. I'll check out different drivers and see if I continue to get blue screens. As far as the ram goes I don't know anyone getting better speeds but now you got me curious as well haha I'm going to look into it and I'll get back to you if I find anything.
post #19 of 21
Just wanted to throw this out there, at least with me Speedstep only works when using offset voltage. When using manual voltage my 2500k sits at 4.8Ghz @ 1.36v 24/7.
The Warlock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Stock Asus Maximus VIII Ranger PNY GTX 1080 Founders Edition 16 GB G-Skill Trident-Z DDR4-3200 CL15 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB x2 RAID 0 Corsair 110GTX Windows 10 Pro Dell SD21716DG 1440p 144hz G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Anasi TT 750W Gold Phanteks P400S Razer Deathadder 
Audio
SteelSeries Siberia 800 
  hide details  
Reply
The Warlock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Stock Asus Maximus VIII Ranger PNY GTX 1080 Founders Edition 16 GB G-Skill Trident-Z DDR4-3200 CL15 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB x2 RAID 0 Corsair 110GTX Windows 10 Pro Dell SD21716DG 1440p 144hz G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Anasi TT 750W Gold Phanteks P400S Razer Deathadder 
Audio
SteelSeries Siberia 800 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme21 View Post

Just wanted to throw this out there, at least with me Speedstep only works when using offset voltage. When using manual voltage my 2500k sits at 4.8Ghz @ 1.36v 24/7.
I enabled EIST again and it worked for me but I'm working on 4.2-4.4Ghz I don't know if that makes a difference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › 2500k Overclock Issues