Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [NDTV] Andhra Pradesh planning to set up a GAME city at Hyderabad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[NDTV] Andhra Pradesh planning to set up a GAME city at Hyderabad  

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 

Quote:
Riding on its extensive cinema industry, which produces one of the largest number of films in India, the government of the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh is keen to use the latest technological innovations in the industry to create skill development and employment opportunities for its youth.
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/andhra-pradesh-planning-to-set-up-a-game-city-at-hyderabad-369625

Mod edit: Incorrect title format (you need the source in the title.
Incorrect post format (you only need to post the first paragraph and it must be in quotes.
3rd gaming setup
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 ASRock H81 Pro BTC AMD Radeon RX 460 Dynet 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Seagate Sony Cooler Master TX3 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster Zenith Bullzer 450W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
ATX Microsoft Mobile Mouse 1000 n/a Realtek 
Other
Bose Companion 3 Series ii 
  hide details  
3rd gaming setup
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 ASRock H81 Pro BTC AMD Radeon RX 460 Dynet 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Seagate Sony Cooler Master TX3 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster Zenith Bullzer 450W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
ATX Microsoft Mobile Mouse 1000 n/a Realtek 
Other
Bose Companion 3 Series ii 
  hide details  
post #2 of 25
So- a GAME sweat shop.

Probably funded by EA in the shadows...
Not So Tiny Ivy
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I5 3570k Asus P8Z77-M Pro EVGA Nvidia GTX Titan GsKIll 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 WD Green LG Super Multi 24x DVD-RW/CD-RW Combo Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Auria 27" 1440p IPS Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Rocketfish 900 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 iOne Lynx S2 EVGA "Game Pad" Mobo + Crappy 25 Watt Coby 2.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Not So Tiny Ivy
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I5 3570k Asus P8Z77-M Pro EVGA Nvidia GTX Titan GsKIll 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 WD Green LG Super Multi 24x DVD-RW/CD-RW Combo Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Auria 27" 1440p IPS Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Rocketfish 900 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 iOne Lynx S2 EVGA "Game Pad" Mobo + Crappy 25 Watt Coby 2.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
post #3 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepiashimmer View Post


Wow, that's awesome. Best of luck to them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguru000 View Post

So- a GAME sweat shop.

Probably funded by EA in the shadows...

Sarcastic or just racist, can't decide.
Eos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570k Asus Maximus V Gene MSI GTX 680 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
RAID 0 1TB DVD-R Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
30" 2560*1600 Corsair K60 Corsair TX850 Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Eos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570k Asus Maximus V Gene MSI GTX 680 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
RAID 0 1TB DVD-R Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
30" 2560*1600 Corsair K60 Corsair TX850 Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
post #4 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefeet View Post

Wow, that's awesome. Best of luck to them!
Sarcastic or just racist, can't decide.

Working conditions in India ARE THOSE. Do you regard that as being racist? India worst problem is...India. It's sad that after all the things Gandhi did for them, they just gained independence from being exploited by the British to being exploited by their own citizens. mad.gif

Maybe if this was set in another country, I would be happy. But it will be set in India. I feel bad about all those workers crammed in non-ventilated cubicles doing repetitive and monotonous jobs for a small pay.

And the QA surely will be a hell of a QA. They'll want to churn out crappy as hell games as quick as possible, just as they do with Bollywood movies. There are some good Bollywood movies, but the VAST MAJORITY are, besides being utter crap, just the same script repeated AD NAUSEAM. Poor guy finds beautiful and rich gal. Complete the rest of the script adding music, dance and karaoke and you have 99% of Bollywood productions. THE END. tongue.gif
Edited by Nonehxc - 5/27/13 at 5:45am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K MAXIMUS VIII HERO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti G. 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G. Samsung 830 SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue Seagate ST3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH-15 Windows 10 Pro Dell U2311H  Genius 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM750X Cooler Master Haf 932 Newskill Renshi Guang PixArt 3360 Newskill Nami 
AudioAudioOther
Philips 100w speakers@Via2021 HD onboard Sennheiser HD598 Blackjack & Hookers 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K MAXIMUS VIII HERO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti G. 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G. Samsung 830 SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue Seagate ST3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH-15 Windows 10 Pro Dell U2311H  Genius 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM750X Cooler Master Haf 932 Newskill Renshi Guang PixArt 3360 Newskill Nami 
AudioAudioOther
Philips 100w speakers@Via2021 HD onboard Sennheiser HD598 Blackjack & Hookers 
  hide details  
post #5 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonehxc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefeet View Post

Wow, that's awesome. Best of luck to them!
Sarcastic or just racist, can't decide.

Working conditions in India ARE THOSE. Do you regard that as being racist? India worst problem is...India. It's sad that after all the things Gandhi did for them, they just gained independence from being exploited by the British to being exploited by their own citizens. mad.gif

Maybe if this was set in another country, I would be happy. But it will be set in India. I feel bad about all those workers crammed in non-ventilated cubicles doing repetitive and monotonous jobs for a small pay.

And the QA surely will be a hell of a QA. They'll want to churn out crappy as hell games as quick as possible, just as they do with Bollywood movies. There are some good Bollywood movies, but the VAST MAJORITY are, besides being utter crap, just the same script repeated AD NAUSEAM. Poor guy finds beautiful and rich gal. Complete the rest of the script adding music, dance and karaoke and you have 99% of Bollywood productions. THE END. tongue.gif

Hearing about a government initiative to stimulate their games industry and offering huge benefits to first time developers and immediately thinking sweatshops? Yes, I would think of that as racist. There's nothing in the article to suggest they're building some kind of mega-studio to churn out crap games. I dislike Bollywood movies too, I'd agree they're mostly crap, and who knows, maybe their games industry goes the same way - if it does it's their choice, they obviously enjoy Bollywood movies.

It's just people automatically assuming it's going to be a sweat shop rubs me up the wrong way.

Anyway, moving on... smile.gif
Eos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570k Asus Maximus V Gene MSI GTX 680 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
RAID 0 1TB DVD-R Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
30" 2560*1600 Corsair K60 Corsair TX850 Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Eos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570k Asus Maximus V Gene MSI GTX 680 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
RAID 0 1TB DVD-R Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
30" 2560*1600 Corsair K60 Corsair TX850 Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
post #6 of 25
most of their games will be political, religious and boring
post #7 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefeet View Post

Hearing about a government initiative to stimulate their games industry and offering huge benefits to first time developers and immediately thinking sweatshops? Yes, I would think of that as racist. There's nothing in the article to suggest they're building some kind of mega-studio to churn out crap games. I dislike Bollywood movies too, I'd agree they're mostly crap, and who knows, maybe their games industry goes the same way - if it does it's their choice, they obviously enjoy Bollywood movies.

It's just people automatically assuming it's going to be a sweat shop rubs me up the wrong way.

Anyway, moving on... smile.gif

The thing is that a huge amount of their jobs ARE in sweatshops. Maybe it'll be different because programming isn't unskilled labour, but in all honesty there's a significant chance that it will turn into a sweatshop for games. I certainly hope it isn't and that developers there will be in a good situation working there because they want too, but that's far from guarenteed. And since when is it racist to acknowledge that sweatshops are relatively common in India and that a new industry may suffer from the same thing?
1st Self-Built
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
A10-5800K AsRock A75 Pro-4 M Crucial Seagate Barracuda 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 8 Pro Thermaltake Toughpower 675 NZXT H 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
1st Self-Built
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
A10-5800K AsRock A75 Pro-4 M Crucial Seagate Barracuda 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 8 Pro Thermaltake Toughpower 675 NZXT H 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
post #8 of 25
Guys above never actually been to INDIA..
KiLLrBot 4.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 B55 M4A88M-T EVO Sapphire RADEON HD5770 Corsair 2x2G DDR3 1333 CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Eco Point HD502HI 500GB HP 22x 7 x64 | UbunTu X64 Samsung B2030x3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 700 Verudium Power XT 480w Coolermaster Gladiator 600 Logitech Modded Mouse 
  hide details  
KiLLrBot 4.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 B55 M4A88M-T EVO Sapphire RADEON HD5770 Corsair 2x2G DDR3 1333 CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Eco Point HD502HI 500GB HP 22x 7 x64 | UbunTu X64 Samsung B2030x3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 700 Verudium Power XT 480w Coolermaster Gladiator 600 Logitech Modded Mouse 
  hide details  
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonxwas View Post

Guys above never actually been to INDIA..

Two times, one alone and one with a friend. Both for several months, and trying to avoid any tourist/expat interaction, which was rather easy, in order to get to the real contry, not the tourist slideshow. You're probably one of those middle class kiddies who get fed so much BS about being milimeters away from poverty/untouchable status and up in the food chain that you despise everything below you. wink.gif

You have a woderful and marvelous country, but living conditions are rather poor and working conditions are disastrous in many zones. The average apocalyptic slum in my country can be a mid-to-high class well regarded neighborhood in yours, and I know cause I've been in both places. I've drinked with your people, I've eaten with your people, I've partied with your people, laughed with them, even I got laid with your peoplerettes biggrin.gif. I've traveled through it in 8 months probably more than what you will travel in your entire life, and I've not seen anything at all that leds me to believe I've barely scratched its surface.

Hell, I make more in 3 hours than what 40%-60% of your population makes IN A MONTH OF SWEAT AND BLOOD(I'm a very low wage worker in my country, mind it tongue.gif), which is like...500 million poor people?It enrages me to have seen so many wonderful people treated so badly by their own, even more when there's the Untouchables matter. And you come to tell us your country is wonderful and Saint Theresa was there just for S&G and fresh air.
Edited by Nonehxc - 5/27/13 at 12:27pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K MAXIMUS VIII HERO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti G. 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G. Samsung 830 SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue Seagate ST3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH-15 Windows 10 Pro Dell U2311H  Genius 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM750X Cooler Master Haf 932 Newskill Renshi Guang PixArt 3360 Newskill Nami 
AudioAudioOther
Philips 100w speakers@Via2021 HD onboard Sennheiser HD598 Blackjack & Hookers 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K MAXIMUS VIII HERO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti G. 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G. Samsung 830 SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue Seagate ST3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH-15 Windows 10 Pro Dell U2311H  Genius 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM750X Cooler Master Haf 932 Newskill Renshi Guang PixArt 3360 Newskill Nami 
AudioAudioOther
Philips 100w speakers@Via2021 HD onboard Sennheiser HD598 Blackjack & Hookers 
  hide details  
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonehxc View Post

Two times, one alone and one with a friend. Both for several months, and trying to avoid any tourist/expat interaction, which was rather easy, in order to get to the real contry, not the tourist slideshow. You're probably one of those middle class kiddies who get fed so much BS about being milimeters away from poverty/untouchable status and up in the food chain that you despise everything below you. wink.gif

You have a woderful and marvelous country, but living conditions are rather poor and working conditions are disastrous in many zones. The average apocalyptic slum in my country can be a mid-to-high class well regarded neighborhood in yours, and I know cause I've been in both places. I've drinked with your people, I've eaten with your people, I've partied with your people, laughed with them, even I got laid with your peoplerettes biggrin.gif. I've traveled through it in 8 months probably more than what you will travel in your entire life, and I've not seen anything at all that leds me to believe I've barely scratched its surface.

Hell, I make more in 3 hours than what 40%-60% of your population makes IN A MONTH OF SWEAT AND BLOOD(I'm a very low wage worker in my country, mind it tongue.gif), which is like...500 million poor people?It enrages me to have seen so many wonderful people treated so badly by their own, even more when there's the Untouchables matter. And you come to tell us your country is wonderful and Saint Theresa was there just for S&G and fresh air.

Rep

that is all
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [NDTV] Andhra Pradesh planning to set up a GAME city at Hyderabad