Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Geek.com]Sony’s stock price explodes as first details of Xbox One drop
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Geek.com]Sony’s stock price explodes as first details of Xbox One drop - Page 5  

post #41 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papas View Post

Lol dont do crap? Get off your horse you pretentious jackwagon. I work 2 jobs. One 40-55 and another up to 25. I also have kids, help with homework, do chores and still have time for my hobbies.

My point is about 80% of households have internet, and the remaining 20% could have it under the new internet for low income families. I guarantee there will be an option for non online play.

The letting people borrow games, the all mighty pc gaming hasnt been able to let friends borrow games forever and thats not a big deal.

You are so ignorant that it hurts my brain. Really, it does.

80%? You must be high. It's more like 35% in the U.S. have access to high speed internet. Which is, don't get me wrong, is a TON if you compare it to every other country. But that still leaves 65% of people who don't. So please, oh please keep telling me how you are not ignorant in thinking that an always online(or once a day) idea is okay. As the person mentioned above, what happens when your internet goes out? You can't play your xbox? Well, lots of good that is. Or if you want to take it so someplace with no internet access? Again, lots of good that box will be. Seriously people go educate your self before you spit out nonsense.
post #42 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWolf575 View Post

You are so ignorant that it hurts my brain. Really, it does.

80%? You must be high. It's more like 35% in the U.S. have access to high speed internet. Which is, don't get me wrong, is a TON if you compare it to every other country. But that still leaves 65% of people who don't. So please, oh please keep telling me how you are not ignorant in thinking that an always online(or once a day) idea is okay. As the person mentioned above, what happens when your internet goes out? You can't play your xbox? Well, lots of good that is. Or if you want to take it so someplace with no internet access? Again, lots of good that box will be. Seriously people go educate your self before you spit out nonsense.

I agree with you, but you shoudn't give statistics without a source on OCN. This is not a forum where we project our own feelings onto a topic. This is a place for factual research. I do not think that only 35% of Americans have access to broadband. I would have agreed with that statistic in 2003. But not today.

Also, let me stress to everyone there is no guaruntee MSFT will continue to "Activate" your games 12 years fro now. The day will come when your XBOX One is as useless as a Betamax VCR. They will not be running the activation servers forever.
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
post #43 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurroundGamr View Post

PC Gaming Master Race? I think so.

Indeed. Except the utter superiority of our platform was well established long before yesterday.
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
post #44 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyvillain View Post

Indeed. Except the utter superiority of our platform was well established long before yesterday.

Indeed, however, the reiteration was strong with this one.
   
\Project\ SS3D
(8 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4GHz ASUS Rampage III Extreme PNY GTX 670 3-Way SLI Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback 3 x 2GB 1600 DDR3 @ ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 256GB SSD ASUS DVD Combo Drive Dual Custom Water Cooling Loops Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VW266H 25.5" 1920 x 1200 monitors in Nvidi... Max Nighthawk X8 Backlit Mechanical Keyboard Dual Corsair HX1000 PSUs on separate circuits Modded Mountain Mods Ascension  
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech MX518 1800dpi Dual XTracPads Ripper XXL ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD558 headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770S ASRock B85M-ITX Intel HD Graphics 4600 8GB (4GB x2) Mushkin Enhanced Stealth DDR3 1600... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 470 Series 64GB SSD Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD Lite-On CD/DVD Combo R/W Drive Noctua NH-L9i 95mm SSO2 CPU Cooler 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NF-R8 80mm Fan Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Acer H274HLBMID Black 27" LED backlit LCD 'Orange' cheap piece of flea-ridden flat keyboa... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
PicoPSU-150-xt 12V DC-DC ATX power supply Rosewill RC-CIX-01 BK Glossy Black Steel Cube M... Logitech MX518 XTracPads RipperXXL 
AudioAudioOther
ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCIe sound card HiFiMAN HE-400 Headphones Your mother. 
  hide details  
   
\Project\ SS3D
(8 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4GHz ASUS Rampage III Extreme PNY GTX 670 3-Way SLI Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback 3 x 2GB 1600 DDR3 @ ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 256GB SSD ASUS DVD Combo Drive Dual Custom Water Cooling Loops Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VW266H 25.5" 1920 x 1200 monitors in Nvidi... Max Nighthawk X8 Backlit Mechanical Keyboard Dual Corsair HX1000 PSUs on separate circuits Modded Mountain Mods Ascension  
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech MX518 1800dpi Dual XTracPads Ripper XXL ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD558 headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770S ASRock B85M-ITX Intel HD Graphics 4600 8GB (4GB x2) Mushkin Enhanced Stealth DDR3 1600... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 470 Series 64GB SSD Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD Lite-On CD/DVD Combo R/W Drive Noctua NH-L9i 95mm SSO2 CPU Cooler 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NF-R8 80mm Fan Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Acer H274HLBMID Black 27" LED backlit LCD 'Orange' cheap piece of flea-ridden flat keyboa... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
PicoPSU-150-xt 12V DC-DC ATX power supply Rosewill RC-CIX-01 BK Glossy Black Steel Cube M... Logitech MX518 XTracPads RipperXXL 
AudioAudioOther
ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCIe sound card HiFiMAN HE-400 Headphones Your mother. 
  hide details  
post #45 of 66
Source
Quote:
Our latest survey shows that 65% of Americans have broadband connections at home. The survey was completed in December 2012.
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-960 Bloodfield 3.2GHz MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel ATX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Home Premium Logitech G510 Antec 700W 
Case
Antec 902 V3 ATX Mid Tower 
  hide details  
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-960 Bloodfield 3.2GHz MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel ATX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Home Premium Logitech G510 Antec 700W 
Case
Antec 902 V3 ATX Mid Tower 
  hide details  
post #46 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi2uHorde View Post

Source

So?
   
\Project\ SS3D
(8 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4GHz ASUS Rampage III Extreme PNY GTX 670 3-Way SLI Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback 3 x 2GB 1600 DDR3 @ ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 256GB SSD ASUS DVD Combo Drive Dual Custom Water Cooling Loops Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VW266H 25.5" 1920 x 1200 monitors in Nvidi... Max Nighthawk X8 Backlit Mechanical Keyboard Dual Corsair HX1000 PSUs on separate circuits Modded Mountain Mods Ascension  
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech MX518 1800dpi Dual XTracPads Ripper XXL ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD558 headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770S ASRock B85M-ITX Intel HD Graphics 4600 8GB (4GB x2) Mushkin Enhanced Stealth DDR3 1600... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 470 Series 64GB SSD Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD Lite-On CD/DVD Combo R/W Drive Noctua NH-L9i 95mm SSO2 CPU Cooler 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NF-R8 80mm Fan Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Acer H274HLBMID Black 27" LED backlit LCD 'Orange' cheap piece of flea-ridden flat keyboa... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
PicoPSU-150-xt 12V DC-DC ATX power supply Rosewill RC-CIX-01 BK Glossy Black Steel Cube M... Logitech MX518 XTracPads RipperXXL 
AudioAudioOther
ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCIe sound card HiFiMAN HE-400 Headphones Your mother. 
  hide details  
   
\Project\ SS3D
(8 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4GHz ASUS Rampage III Extreme PNY GTX 670 3-Way SLI Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback 3 x 2GB 1600 DDR3 @ ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 256GB SSD ASUS DVD Combo Drive Dual Custom Water Cooling Loops Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VW266H 25.5" 1920 x 1200 monitors in Nvidi... Max Nighthawk X8 Backlit Mechanical Keyboard Dual Corsair HX1000 PSUs on separate circuits Modded Mountain Mods Ascension  
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech MX518 1800dpi Dual XTracPads Ripper XXL ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD558 headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770S ASRock B85M-ITX Intel HD Graphics 4600 8GB (4GB x2) Mushkin Enhanced Stealth DDR3 1600... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 470 Series 64GB SSD Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD Lite-On CD/DVD Combo R/W Drive Noctua NH-L9i 95mm SSO2 CPU Cooler 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NF-R8 80mm Fan Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Acer H274HLBMID Black 27" LED backlit LCD 'Orange' cheap piece of flea-ridden flat keyboa... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
PicoPSU-150-xt 12V DC-DC ATX power supply Rosewill RC-CIX-01 BK Glossy Black Steel Cube M... Logitech MX518 XTracPads RipperXXL 
AudioAudioOther
ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCIe sound card HiFiMAN HE-400 Headphones Your mother. 
  hide details  
post #47 of 66
Was showing real numbers if you would read the entire thread. Your one word reply did nothing for this thread.
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-960 Bloodfield 3.2GHz MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel ATX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Home Premium Logitech G510 Antec 700W 
Case
Antec 902 V3 ATX Mid Tower 
  hide details  
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-960 Bloodfield 3.2GHz MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel ATX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Home Premium Logitech G510 Antec 700W 
Case
Antec 902 V3 ATX Mid Tower 
  hide details  
post #48 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonespwns View Post

LOL free 3g/4g? Yeah. That would bring the price of the xbox to like 2k each. good joke.

Using free 3/4g for always on handshake would make sense to me. It would take like 50kb of data at the most for a handshake. Amazon gives free 3g with kindles and I don't imagine a handshake taking much more data. No one said anything about 3g gaming.
Cougartown
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k asrock extreme 4 z77 powercooler r9 290 Crucial Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial Technology  Ocz agility 3 240gb Samsung Spinpoint F4EG 2 TB SATA2 5400rpm 32 MB... Light-on drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Coolermaster Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 Seiki 39inch 4k television rosewill rk-9000 with cherry blues 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Gaming Series GS700 700W ATX12V v2.3 80... Cougar Evolution Goldensunksy gaming mouse 3 dollar mouse pad from target 
Audio
TV audio 
  hide details  
Cougartown
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k asrock extreme 4 z77 powercooler r9 290 Crucial Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial Technology  Ocz agility 3 240gb Samsung Spinpoint F4EG 2 TB SATA2 5400rpm 32 MB... Light-on drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Coolermaster Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 Seiki 39inch 4k television rosewill rk-9000 with cherry blues 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Gaming Series GS700 700W ATX12V v2.3 80... Cougar Evolution Goldensunksy gaming mouse 3 dollar mouse pad from target 
Audio
TV audio 
  hide details  
post #49 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWolf575 View Post

You are so ignorant that it hurts my brain. Really, it does.

80%? You must be high. It's more like 35% in the U.S. have access to high speed internet. Which is, don't get me wrong, is a TON if you compare it to every other country. But that still leaves 65% of people who don't. So please, oh please keep telling me how you are not ignorant in thinking that an always online(or once a day) idea is okay. As the person mentioned above, what happens when your internet goes out? You can't play your xbox? Well, lots of good that is. Or if you want to take it so someplace with no internet access? Again, lots of good that box will be. Seriously people go educate your self before you spit out nonsense.

here is hoping you know how to read.

http://www.facethefactsusa.org/facts/20percent-of-American-Households-Still-Offline/

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm

i have access to a lot of documentation at work that shows that close to 95% of the us population has or has access to internet in there home. working for the largest internet company in the US has its advantages to a lot of population data...

take a sec, just a second and Google what we are talking about and maybe, just maybe you might be smart enough to read through it and comprehend something.
post #50 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papas View Post

Always on complaint is a joke. Its like complaining about needing internet to access overclock. In todays world internet is in almost every home, having a console that requires it is not horrible.
Always online is not a problem now. It will be in the future, though.

What about playing games for nostalgia?

Eventually those servers will be taken offline, and those games will no longer work. My Sega Genesis, NES, PS1, PS2, even PS3 (single player) games all still work to this day, and will in to the future; I really don't want to give that up.

Xbox One definitely is a no buy.
 
NZXT Source 210
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 XFX RX480 GTR Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP 
CoolingOSPowerCase
NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro EVGA Supernova 750 G3 NZXT S340 Glossy Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 XFX Radeon RX 480 Corsair Vengence LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital WD5003AZEX Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Pro LG GH24NS95 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 10 40" 1080p Vizio LED LCD HDTV Corsair CX600M 
Case
NZXT Source 210 Elite - Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.2GHz Dell N6381 Intel Extreme Graphics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 512MB DDR 400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital 160GB IDE Covered in a thick layer of dust Windows XP Home Edition 32bit Dell M0148 250w 
Case
Dell Dimension 3000 
  hide details  
 
NZXT Source 210
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 XFX RX480 GTR Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP 
CoolingOSPowerCase
NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro EVGA Supernova 750 G3 NZXT S340 Glossy Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 XFX Radeon RX 480 Corsair Vengence LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital WD5003AZEX Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Pro LG GH24NS95 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 10 40" 1080p Vizio LED LCD HDTV Corsair CX600M 
Case
NZXT Source 210 Elite - Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.2GHz Dell N6381 Intel Extreme Graphics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 512MB DDR 400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital 160GB IDE Covered in a thick layer of dust Windows XP Home Edition 32bit Dell M0148 250w 
Case
Dell Dimension 3000 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Geek.com]Sony’s stock price explodes as first details of Xbox One drop