Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Daily Tech] Apples Tries to Use Decade-Old Patents to Ban Samsung Galaxy S IV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Daily Tech] Apples Tries to Use Decade-Old Patents to Ban Samsung Galaxy S IV - Page 7

post #61 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahlzeron View Post

As I read that patent it came to me... why did smartphones take so damn long to come about?

Because back in 2005, no-one really saw a need for one. Intel turned down the offer to supply Apple with their chips for the first iPhone because they thought the iPhone wasn't going to sell like mad.
post #62 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomepatrol View Post

Oh look a childish comment.

Oh look another hate Apple thread, because Samgung is a benevolent and kind entity. You don't see these every day. I think maybe we should start posting news on all the Samsung lawsuits to balance things out. What you guys think?

More to the point. If you really think Apple is the only one engaging in this type of corporate warfare then you are either a fanboy or have your head so far in the dirt your hair is being singed by the heat of the Earth's core. This is OCN though so anything Apple brings out the seething and drooling masses.

This. lol.

Every company has their time in the spotlight. Microsoft didn't exactly play fairly for a good portion of it's life, along with many many companies. The mobile industry has been suing each other since the inception of mobile devices for stupid things.

An old chart ( 2010 ), but still relevant in terms of lawsuits go. Nokia at the time was quite a bit worse than Apple was.
post #63 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomepatrol View Post

Oh look a childish comment.

Oh look another hate Apple thread, because Samgung is a benevolent and kind entity. You don't see these every day. I think maybe we should start posting news on all the Samsung lawsuits to balance things out. What you guys think?

More to the point. If you really think Apple is the only one engaging in this type of corporate warfare then you are either a fanboy or have your head so far in the dirt your hair is being singed by the heat of the Earth's core. This is OCN though so anything Apple brings out the seething and drooling masses.

There's a reason why there are some many Apple hate threads. Everything you said is true and yet: Two wrongs don't make a right. It's easy to point fingers and say everyone's doing it. Apple could easily gain my respect by announcing that they will no longer be aggressively prosecuting frivolous patent infringements, that they will only use patents to defend themselves in legal proceedings.
Spit in God's Eye
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5960x @ 4.26 ghz core / 3.53 ghz uncore - 1.... AsRock X99 Extreme3 EVGA GTX980 Ti 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial DDR4 2133 CL15  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
A-Data SP600 256gb SSD (C:) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (D:) Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive (E:) LITE-ON 24x DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Win 10 x64 HP 2511x ( 25" 1080p ) AZIO L70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Antec 300 (Modded) Logitech M100 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Spit in God's Eye
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5960x @ 4.26 ghz core / 3.53 ghz uncore - 1.... AsRock X99 Extreme3 EVGA GTX980 Ti 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial DDR4 2133 CL15  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
A-Data SP600 256gb SSD (C:) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (D:) Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive (E:) LITE-ON 24x DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Win 10 x64 HP 2511x ( 25" 1080p ) AZIO L70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Antec 300 (Modded) Logitech M100 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomepatrol View Post

Oh look a childish comment.

Oh look another hate Apple thread, because Samgung is a benevolent and kind entity. You don't see these every day. I think maybe we should start posting news on all the Samsung lawsuits to balance things out. What you guys think?

More to the point. If you really think Apple is the only one engaging in this type of corporate warfare then you are either a fanboy or have your head so far in the dirt your hair is being singed by the heat of the Earth's core. This is OCN though so anything Apple brings out the seething and drooling masses.

Someone did that, but the threads rarely got more than 5 posts.

OP is clearly an Apple hater (have a look at some of his posts in here) and started this just to troll.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryDemon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomepatrol View Post

Oh look a childish comment.

Oh look another hate Apple thread, because Samgung is a benevolent and kind entity. You don't see these every day. I think maybe we should start posting news on all the Samsung lawsuits to balance things out. What you guys think?

More to the point. If you really think Apple is the only one engaging in this type of corporate warfare then you are either a fanboy or have your head so far in the dirt your hair is being singed by the heat of the Earth's core. This is OCN though so anything Apple brings out the seething and drooling masses.

There's a reason why there are some many Apple hate threads. Everything you said is true and yet: Two wrongs don't make a right. It's easy to point fingers and say everyone's doing it. Apple could easily gain my respect by announcing that they will no longer be aggressively prosecuting frivolous patent infringements, that they will only use patents to defend themselves in legal proceedings.

You can't be the only company to do that though. What really needs to be done is the redo of the patent system. Problem is the corporate world id a pretty brutal place and if they sense weakness then they will pounce.
Gnomeon
(16 items)
 
GnomeBook Pro
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 ASUS P8Z77-V SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC Radeon R9 290X 4GB  Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M550 256GB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 2.5-Inch 1TB 7200 RPM Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2730Z Cooler Master Quickfire Pro Unbranded (Tenkeyless) SeaSonic SG12 550W Fractal Design Define S 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Mionix Avior Swan M10 Philips Fidelio X1 Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2720QM Logic Board Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD 6750M 1gb Crucial 16GB 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750gb Hitachi 5400rpm 8x double-layer SuperDrive OS x 10.7.4 15.4" LED-backlit glossy widescreen display 144... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter 2011 Unibody Magic Trackpad 
Audio
Built-in Stereo Speakers with Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
Gnomeon
(16 items)
 
GnomeBook Pro
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 ASUS P8Z77-V SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC Radeon R9 290X 4GB  Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M550 256GB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 2.5-Inch 1TB 7200 RPM Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2730Z Cooler Master Quickfire Pro Unbranded (Tenkeyless) SeaSonic SG12 550W Fractal Design Define S 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Mionix Avior Swan M10 Philips Fidelio X1 Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2720QM Logic Board Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD 6750M 1gb Crucial 16GB 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750gb Hitachi 5400rpm 8x double-layer SuperDrive OS x 10.7.4 15.4" LED-backlit glossy widescreen display 144... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter 2011 Unibody Magic Trackpad 
Audio
Built-in Stereo Speakers with Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 187
This article is a complete mess. I agree that the patent system needs a rethink but the aggressive manner in which everyone acts towards the notion of Apple doing something EVERY other corporation does is just becoming childish. The double standard to which they're expected to meet on here and everywhere else is ridiculous.

Samsung ships 10 million GS4s in 4 weeks and it's seen as a major victory in technology

Apple sells 5 million iPhone 5s in 2 days and they're seen to not be able to keep up.

People in the tech blog and forum community are either purposefully acting stupid or they're supremely touched in the head.
Le Big Mac
(6 items)
 
Normandy
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3720QM NVIDIA GT 650M 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 512GB SSD 
OSMonitor
OSX Mountain Lion :3 15" 2880x1800 IPS Panel  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Powercolor 7970 G.Skill Ripjaws-X 16 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120GB LG Blu-Ray Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate  Coolermaster 750w Coolermaster HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
R.A.T 7 Razer Ironclad  Sennheiser hd25-1 ii Blue Yeti  
  hide details  
Reply
Le Big Mac
(6 items)
 
Normandy
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3720QM NVIDIA GT 650M 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 512GB SSD 
OSMonitor
OSX Mountain Lion :3 15" 2880x1800 IPS Panel  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Powercolor 7970 G.Skill Ripjaws-X 16 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120GB LG Blu-Ray Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate  Coolermaster 750w Coolermaster HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
R.A.T 7 Razer Ironclad  Sennheiser hd25-1 ii Blue Yeti  
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLime View Post

This article is a complete mess. I agree that the patent system needs a rethink but the aggressive manner in which everyone acts towards the notion of Apple doing something EVERY other corporation does is just becoming childish. The double standard to which they're expected to meet on here and everywhere else is ridiculous.

Samsung ships 10 million GS4s in 4 weeks and it's seen as a major victory in technology

Apple sells 5 million iPhone 5s in 2 days and they're seen to not be able to keep up.

People in the tech blog and forum community are either purposefully acting stupid or they're supremely touched in the head.

You own an iphone and a MacBoock (looks like the name of a new mcdonalds product)

 

Guess why you defend apple? 

 

I just don´t like that they sell they crap for 700 euros, and they cost to produce about 150, a 550 euros increase just for the bitten apple logo...

 

You can´t share music with your friends, why the hell do people like the iphone?

 

A long time ago, apple was cool (now is in the fashion term) in the tech term, when they used their own procesors, then they started to became a status or "premium" brand, but now I see people that can´t even pay their house but have an iphone 5,Im very happy with my S3 (bought for 400 euros brand new) and when I see an iphone I ask myselft why do people like that, you will say, the case is pretty... That case made of aluminium is weaker than plastic (yes it is) and you know what? the mobile wirelles comunications are limitated by that, is is like a shield from inside, and why,why, or who had the great idea of putting glass over the phone and on the back?

 

an iphone is just like a clothe you put on... doesn´t work for anything more.. oh, you can play angry birds on it or call someone! awesome


Edited by danilon62 - 5/23/13 at 8:34am
post #68 of 187
A while ago when the iPhone 5 was just coming out, one of my classmates unintentionally fooled a couple people into thinking that his iPhone 4S was the iPhone 5...

By simply using the smartphone without the protective cover/case.

Either I see an iPhone in a rubber/plastic case, or the screen was shattered from an impact.
post #69 of 187
Whatever may rise, shall fall.

It is merely inevitable boys and girls.
post #70 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by danilon62 View Post

You own an iphone and a MacBoock (looks like the name of a new mcdonalds product)

Guess why you defend apple? 

I just don´t like that they sell they crap for 700 euros, and they cost to produce about 150, a 550 euros increase just for the bitten apple logo...

You can´t share music with your friends, why the hell do people like the iphone?

A long time ago, apple was cool (now is in the fashion term) in the tech term, when they used their own procesors, then they started to became a status or "premium" brand, but now I see people that can´t even pay their house but have an iphone 5,Im very happy with my S3 (bought for 400 euros brand new) and when I see an iphone I ask myselft why do people like that, you will say, the case is pretty... That case made of aluminium is weaker than plastic (yes it is) and you know what? the mobile wirelles comunications are limitated by that, is is like a shield from inside, and why,why, or who had the great idea of putting glass over the phone and on the back?

an iphone is just like a clothe you put on... doesn´t work for anything more.. oh, you can play angry birds on it or call someone! awesome

He wasn't defending Apple...

He said Apple aren't doing anything any other corporations are doing (suing everyone for stupid patents that don't exist)
He then pointed out that 10 million shipped (as in moved from one warehouse to other warehouses/stores) phones in 4 weeks =/= sold 5 million phones in 2 days.

Also sharing music with friends (if it's copyrighted which means 99% of all songs) is copyright infringement and illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bad Day View Post

A while ago when the iPhone 5 was just coming out, one of my classmates unintentionally fooled a couple people into thinking that his iPhone 4S was the iPhone 5...

By simply using the smartphone without the protective cover/case.

Either I see an iPhone in a rubber/plastic case, or the screen was shattered from an impact.



And I am sure if you did the same thing with a SGS3 (and said it was a SGS4) almost no one would say it isn't a SGS4.

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Daily Tech] Apples Tries to Use Decade-Old Patents to Ban Samsung Galaxy S IV