Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Planetside] Game Update 09 05.22.2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Planetside] Game Update 09 05.22.2013 - Page 2

post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post

Still nothing performance related (-.-)

Seriously, this game has all the potential in the world, but I just can't get past the performance problems.

This. Even with an FX-8350 at 5 GHz the game chugs at 20 to 35 FPS in dense areas. The in-game indicator says CPU is the limiting factor, but it's rare to see any core above 50% utilization. And then there is the performance decreasing with time, the memory leak issue and my favorite, the "weapons don't do any damage" thing (I heard it was a server syncing issue?).

I played the beta (MUCH better performance and widescreen FoV than the current version) and am at level 50 now. The performance and eyefinity problems are what keep me from spending real money on the game.

Still a fun game though. I'll download the update (I was on the Helios server, lol) and try out the new MAX abilities.
 
Wild eyes (2015)
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz at 1.232v ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac MSI GTX 1080Ti FE 1750MHz at 0.8v G.SKILL TridentZ 2x8GB 3466MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 256GB SSD Noctua NH-U9S Windows 10 Home Retail Acer XB270HU 
PowerCase
Corsair SF600 NCase M1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960X 4.6GHz at 1.2V  Asus X99 Deluxe Evga 980 Ti SC+ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB at 2666 MHz 16-... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB EK Supremacy EVO, EK Titan X Full Cover, EK X99... Windows 10 Home retail Acer Predator XB270HU 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-760XP2 Corsair Air 540 White 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 5GHz at 1.524v ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire R9 290X with EK water block 2x4GB G.Skill Trident X 2500MHz 9-11-11 1.68v  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + 2x Seagate 3TB HDDs Koolance CPU-380A water block Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium BenQ XL2720Z 
PowerCase
Seasonic X 650 Gold Lian Li PC-T60B test bench 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Wild eyes (2015)
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz at 1.232v ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac MSI GTX 1080Ti FE 1750MHz at 0.8v G.SKILL TridentZ 2x8GB 3466MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 256GB SSD Noctua NH-U9S Windows 10 Home Retail Acer XB270HU 
PowerCase
Corsair SF600 NCase M1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960X 4.6GHz at 1.2V  Asus X99 Deluxe Evga 980 Ti SC+ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB at 2666 MHz 16-... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB EK Supremacy EVO, EK Titan X Full Cover, EK X99... Windows 10 Home retail Acer Predator XB270HU 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-760XP2 Corsair Air 540 White 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 5GHz at 1.524v ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire R9 290X with EK water block 2x4GB G.Skill Trident X 2500MHz 9-11-11 1.68v  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + 2x Seagate 3TB HDDs Koolance CPU-380A water block Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium BenQ XL2720Z 
PowerCase
Seasonic X 650 Gold Lian Li PC-T60B test bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 17
No performance increase.

2GB update... Does it really have to be that big? 1/3 the size of the game.
Just "PC"
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.3GHz - 1.15v GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core @ 1430+/7500 MHz Corsair Vengeance 16GB(4x4) @ 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 480GB WD CB 1TB 7200RPM DVD-RW CM Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 AOC 22" 1080p + SONY TV 32" 1080p CM Storm QuickFire Pro (Brown switches) Corsair TX 650 V2 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Enforcer Roccat KPM SteelSeries QCK+ Fiio E10K 
AudioAudioAudioOther
ASUS Xonar DG Samson SR850 Headphones Logitech LS11 2.0 Speakers CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Just "PC"
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.3GHz - 1.15v GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core @ 1430+/7500 MHz Corsair Vengeance 16GB(4x4) @ 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 480GB WD CB 1TB 7200RPM DVD-RW CM Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 AOC 22" 1080p + SONY TV 32" 1080p CM Storm QuickFire Pro (Brown switches) Corsair TX 650 V2 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Enforcer Roccat KPM SteelSeries QCK+ Fiio E10K 
AudioAudioAudioOther
ASUS Xonar DG Samson SR850 Headphones Logitech LS11 2.0 Speakers CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by xutnubu View Post

No performance increase.

2GB update... Does it really have to be that big? 1/3 the size of the game.

To be fair, there is the entire Indar map rewrite, base and outpost redesigns and other various changes... it was always going to be a big update.
post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post

I find SOE and Reddit to be the drama queens, PSU seems to be the most balanced tongue.gif

Actually you are correct, PSU is definitely the most balanced.

Also guys there are being performance tweaks made all the time but the game will really take off from performance side when their 6-month plan performance improvement comes by..For example this time they added the Ultra settings which is basically the ultra textures and they seem to have them officially in because they do not cause a memory leak anymore.

Oh and I almost forgot, make sure you delete the files listed here after you patch the game otherwise you are going to get massive lag: http://www.overclock.net/t/1387395/planetside-does-your-game-keep-crashing-heres-a-quick-fix
Edited by TheByt3 - 5/22/13 at 10:28pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheByt3 View Post

Actually you are correct, PSU is definitely the most balanced.

Also guys there are being performance tweaks made all the time but the game will really take off from performance side when their 6-month plan performance improvement comes by..For example this time they added the Ultra settings which is basically the ultra textures and they seem to have them officially in because they do not cause a memory leak anymore.

Oh and I almost forgot, make sure you delete the files listed here after you patch the game otherwise you are going to get massive lag: http://www.overclock.net/t/1387395/planetside-does-your-game-keep-crashing-heres-a-quick-fix

I havent had any crash issues, so far... but thanks because if I ever do, Ill know what to do smile.gif

Why will we get lag if we dont delete the files?
post #16 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post

I havent had any crash issues, so far... but thanks because if I ever do, Ill know what to do smile.gif

Why will we get lag if we dont delete the files?

Mostly because of the changes going to the .ini file with each patch especially in this one where they added the official Ultra textures. I would suggest you to delete these files anyway, it's just a 40MB download, it will only delete your graphics and options settings nothing else.
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheByt3 View Post

Mostly because of the changes going to the .ini file with each patch especially in this one where they added the official Ultra textures. I would suggest you to delete these files anyway, it's just a 40MB download, it will only delete your graphics and options settings nothing else.

That sounds reasonable. I'll do that when I get a chance. Thanks. thumb.gif
Edited by Sethy666 - 5/23/13 at 1:46pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Planetside] Game Update 09 05.22.2013