Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Thermalright True Spirit 140 & Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 FD-CA-ARC-R2-BL-W case
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thermalright True Spirit 140 & Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 FD-CA-ARC-R2-BL-W case

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Any one know if a Thermalright True Spirit 140 will fit in a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 FD-CA-ARC-R2-BL-W case. I need 63/4" from top of CPU to case edge; any info would be much appreciated. Thanks
post #2 of 11
you can buy Silverstone Argon which performs similar with less height
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #3 of 11
it fits easiliy.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4,6GHz ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Sapphire 7870XT @1,2GHz 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Crucial Noctua U14S & Prolimatech MK26 (+1x Noctua A15) Antec HCP 1300 Lian Li X1000 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4,6GHz ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Sapphire 7870XT @1,2GHz 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Crucial Noctua U14S & Prolimatech MK26 (+1x Noctua A15) Antec HCP 1300 Lian Li X1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the Info
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

you can buy Silverstone Argon which performs similar with less height
SilverStone Argon SST-AR01 or SilverStone Argon SST-AR03? biggrin.gif
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

SilverStone Argon SST-AR01 or SilverStone Argon SST-AR03? biggrin.gif
AR03 ph34r-smiley.gif
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #7 of 11
SilverStone Argon SST-AR03 (140x50x159mm w/ 120mm/1000-2200rpm fan) looks to be a nice cooler but being smaller than True Spirit 140 (155x53x170mm w/ 140mm/800-1300rpm fan) probably means slightly less cooling The higher rpm fan on AR03 might match up the cooling at the expense of more noise.
post #8 of 11
Silverstone recently sent me one earlier this week, it's definately a decent cooler. Unfortunately it's a tad bit expensive in the EU at ~50€. Their pricing in the US makes them much more attractive though.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4,6GHz ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Sapphire 7870XT @1,2GHz 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Crucial Noctua U14S & Prolimatech MK26 (+1x Noctua A15) Antec HCP 1300 Lian Li X1000 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4,6GHz ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Sapphire 7870XT @1,2GHz 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Crucial Noctua U14S & Prolimatech MK26 (+1x Noctua A15) Antec HCP 1300 Lian Li X1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

SilverStone Argon SST-AR03 (140x50x159mm w/ 120mm/1000-2200rpm fan) looks to be a nice cooler but being smaller than True Spirit 140 (155x53x170mm w/ 140mm/800-1300rpm fan) probably means slightly less cooling The higher rpm fan on AR03 might match up the cooling at the expense of more noise.
yes AR03 is slighly worse than True Spirit 140 (a bit)
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elohim View Post

Silverstone recently sent me one earlier this week, it's definately a decent cooler. Unfortunately it's a tad bit expensive in the EU at ~50€. Their pricing in the US makes them much more attractive though.
Look forward to seeing how it performs for you. thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Thermalright True Spirit 140 & Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 FD-CA-ARC-R2-BL-W case