Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX 780 Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] GTX 780 Reviews - Page 176

post #1751 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

Well, AMD has been busy with an off front work as graphics are not the only profit income for them. BF4-October 29. AMD- paper launch September and hard launch -October. Makes sense. Plus, at summer(off duty season for a lot), there not many people who are bothered with gpus at the first place.
just cause you want something to happen doesn't mean it will happen. Besides, BF4 is just another game. It's not something AMD base their multi-million dollar GPU business around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltulod View Post

I'm starting to believe this man!
That's a sweet rig bro! You should paint it yellow! Like butter thumb.gif
Bender
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5-2500k @ 4.6Ghz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Sapphire AMD R9 290X Tri-X (1050/1300mhz)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 (How do you OC?) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
8GB 1600Mhz OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus MG279Q Logitech G510  Corsair TX750 CM II 690 Advanced 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Sentinel Advance  some big corsair one beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm SoundBlaster Z Soundcard 
  hide details  
Reply
Bender
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5-2500k @ 4.6Ghz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Sapphire AMD R9 290X Tri-X (1050/1300mhz)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 (How do you OC?) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
8GB 1600Mhz OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus MG279Q Logitech G510  Corsair TX750 CM II 690 Advanced 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Sentinel Advance  some big corsair one beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm SoundBlaster Z Soundcard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1752 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3illusiveman View Post

just cause you want something to happen doesn't mean it will happen. Besides, BF4 is just another game. It's not something AMD base their multi-million dollar GPU business around.
That's a sweet rig bro! You should paint it yellow! Like butter thumb.gif

thinking about it smile.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 920 Evga X58 Classified LE Edition. Sapphire HD 7950 OC Edition Sapphire HD 7950 OC Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G skill Ripjaws 12 gb Samsung ssd 120 gb sata III WD Velociraptop 300 gb x 2 LG Blu ray drive 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC7950 with EK-7950 Backplate FC8 30 watt per channel Bitspower fittings Feser 360 rad (Push Pull) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 240 rad (Push Pull) Corsair SP 120 mm static x10 Corsair AF 120 mm  Bitspower 250 reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Heat killer 3.0 Koolance chipset water block EK-FC7950 with EK-7950 Backplate MCP35X2 with stand 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Acer 27" x 3 (eyefinity) Logitech G510/CM Storm Mechanical Keyboard Seasonic 1250 watt X series with moddyi Cable set. 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs SM8 white ZowieAM Rocketfish Gamecon 780 
Audio
Bose 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 920 Evga X58 Classified LE Edition. Sapphire HD 7950 OC Edition Sapphire HD 7950 OC Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G skill Ripjaws 12 gb Samsung ssd 120 gb sata III WD Velociraptop 300 gb x 2 LG Blu ray drive 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC7950 with EK-7950 Backplate FC8 30 watt per channel Bitspower fittings Feser 360 rad (Push Pull) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 240 rad (Push Pull) Corsair SP 120 mm static x10 Corsair AF 120 mm  Bitspower 250 reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Heat killer 3.0 Koolance chipset water block EK-FC7950 with EK-7950 Backplate MCP35X2 with stand 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Acer 27" x 3 (eyefinity) Logitech G510/CM Storm Mechanical Keyboard Seasonic 1250 watt X series with moddyi Cable set. 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs SM8 white ZowieAM Rocketfish Gamecon 780 
Audio
Bose 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1753 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3illusiveman View Post

just cause you want something to happen doesn't mean it will happen. Besides, BF4 is just another game. It's not something AMD base their multi-million dollar GPU business around.
That's a sweet rig bro! You should paint it yellow! Like butter thumb.gif


What you are saying is "Besides, BF4 is just another game. It's not something AMD base their multi-million dollar GPU business around."

Not sure if you are joking here.

1) Why people buy AMD gaming gpus? Most likely to play pc games, especially all the latest titles; plus considering how well never settle reloaded bundle is sold, BF4 makes it even more attractive.

BF4 will be the most played(or on par with cod) PC game in 2013, same as BF3. PC bf3 vids are all over on youtube, consoles bf3 vids are more rare which is a surprise. Plus they even made an agreement with DICE( bf3 developer) as their number 1 graphics partner.

No offence, but your comment literally has 0 value.

Conclusion: Matter of fact is people(a lot of the players) are gonna upgrade their rigs to prepare for BF4 and if AND loses this sweet spot, Nvidia will go terrific!
Edited by Regent Square - 5/27/13 at 11:28am
post #1754 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

Well, AMD has been busy with an off front work as graphics are not the only profit income for them. BF4-October 29. AMD- paper launch September and hard launch -October. Makes sense. Plus, at summer(off duty season for a lot), there not many people who are bothered with gpus at the first place.

I got a question for you.

Do you know when VI taped out?
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1755 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltulod View Post

thinking about it smile.gif

My 2 cents for VI after summer. thumb.gif
post #1756 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post

I got a question for you.

Do you know when VI taped out?

Apologies, what exactly do you mean by tapped out?
post #1757 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

What you are saying is "Besides, BF4 is just another game. It's not something AMD base their multi-million dollar GPU business around."

Not sure if you are joking here.

1) Why people buy AMD gaming gpus? Most likely to play pc games, especially all the latest titles; plus considering how well never settle reloaded bundle is sold, BF4 makes it even more attractive.

BF4 will be the most played(or on par with cod) PC game in 2013, same as BF3. PC bf3 vids are all over on youtube, consoles bf3 vids are more rare which is a surprise. Plus they even made an agreement with DICE( bf3 developer) as their number 1 graphics partner.

No offence, but your comment literally has 0 value.

Conclusion: Matter of fact is people(a lot of the players) are gonna upgrade their rigs to prepare for BF4 and if AND loses this sweet spot, Nvidia will go terrific!
Sure man, you're totally right. I have no idea what i'm talking about....
Bender
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5-2500k @ 4.6Ghz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Sapphire AMD R9 290X Tri-X (1050/1300mhz)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 (How do you OC?) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
8GB 1600Mhz OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus MG279Q Logitech G510  Corsair TX750 CM II 690 Advanced 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Sentinel Advance  some big corsair one beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm SoundBlaster Z Soundcard 
  hide details  
Reply
Bender
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5-2500k @ 4.6Ghz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Sapphire AMD R9 290X Tri-X (1050/1300mhz)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 (How do you OC?) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
8GB 1600Mhz OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus MG279Q Logitech G510  Corsair TX750 CM II 690 Advanced 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Sentinel Advance  some big corsair one beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm SoundBlaster Z Soundcard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1758 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3illusiveman View Post

Sure man, you're totally right. I have no idea what i'm talking about....

Good sarcasm smile.gif But calling BF4 as " just another game" is not right when it comes to GPUs. wink.gif
post #1759 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

Apologies, what exactly do you mean by tapped out?

When a chip tapes out, it takes 6 - 9 months to hit retail.

For example, we had reports that GK110 taped out in January 2012:
http://semiaccurate.com/2012/02/07/gk110-tapes-out-at-last/

Titans didn't come out until a year later, K20X was launched November 2012.

Long story short, we haven't had a single report of VI taping out yet, at least not that I'm aware of. Which means, you won't be seeing any VI cards as early as October, the earliest you'll see cards is end of 2013 based on current and very limited reports.
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1760 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post

When a chip tapes out, it takes 6 - 9 months to hit retail.

For example, we had reports that GK110 taped out in January 2012:
http://semiaccurate.com/2012/02/07/gk110-tapes-out-at-last/

Titans didn't come out until a year later, K20X was launched November 2012.

Long story short, we haven't had a single report of VI taping out yet, at least not that I'm aware of. Which means, you won't be seeing any VI cards as early as October, the earliest you'll see cards is end of 2013 based on current and very limited reports.

Thanks, got it.

Why should we get a report from someone? Did we get a report when gk104-25(newer chips used by 770) taped out? I am pretty sure we did not, cause I was following the news from the start.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX 780 Reviews