Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › first real water cooling loop
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

first real water cooling loop - Page 2

post #11 of 19
Yeah you will. I cool a 2600k at 4.5 and two 580s with a rx240 and a ex240 and I still have to crank the fans up to get good temps. I usually get around 45 on full load with the fans around 900rpm. Granted it's only about an 18 temp delta. My "office" doesn't have ac..
post #12 of 19
Yeah, if you ADD that rs240 to your loop, then it will be barely enough for 2 gpu and cpu, because the rads are both slim.
Project Abaddon
(17 photos)
  
Reply
Project Abaddon
(17 photos)
  
Reply
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmorgwsu View Post

Yeah you will. I cool a 2600k at 4.5 and two 580s with a rx240 and a ex240 and I still have to crank the fans up to get good temps. I usually get around 45 on full load with the fans around 900rpm. Granted it's only about an 18 temp delta. My "office" doesn't have ac..

Wow , we are putting the A/C in this weekend so that should help with the temps some. Its been roughly 75-80F in the room. PC has stayed around 10degrees higher with the fans on low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebruska View Post

Yeah, if you ADD that rs240 to your loop, then it will be barely enough for 2 gpu and cpu, because the rads are both slim.

So I should look for something thicker? Sounds like I need a bigger case smile.gif lol
My Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-6300 ASROCK 990FX Fatality AMD Radeon R9 270x AMD Radeon R9 270x 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
12GB 800mhz DDR 3 Crucial 240gb SSD Custom W/C Loop Windows 10 
MonitorCase
Asus 23" LCD S231HL x 3 InWin 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-6300 ASROCK 990FX Fatality AMD Radeon R9 270x AMD Radeon R9 270x 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
12GB 800mhz DDR 3 Crucial 240gb SSD Custom W/C Loop Windows 10 
MonitorCase
Asus 23" LCD S231HL x 3 InWin 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergtrdj View Post

So I should look for something thicker? Sounds like I need a bigger case smile.gif lol
Well not necessarily, you could go with external rad and then you could get thicker rad or even 360 one and the kuhler rad inside the case.

It's really up to you and your budget biggrin.gif You can buy a new bigger case, although i don't know any case that supports 2x240 out of the box and wouldn't be extremely huge biggrin.gif but you could always mod it(you would maybe lose hd cage tho)
Project Abaddon
(17 photos)
  
Reply
Project Abaddon
(17 photos)
  
Reply
post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebruska View Post

Well not necessarily, you could go with external rad and then you could get thicker rad or even 360 one and the kuhler rad inside the case.

It's really up to you and your budget biggrin.gif You can buy a new bigger case, although i don't know any case that supports 2x240 out of the box and wouldn't be extremely huge biggrin.gif but you could always mod it(you would maybe lose hd cage tho)

True, I like the internal look of the radiators, so thats where my conflict is biggrin.gif. I will look into a thicker radiator and a place to mount it outside the case. My friend won't be done with the GPU water blocks for a few weeks so that gives me time to figure out what to do. Right now the budget is a little tight since my job is moving and I am not going with them.
My Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-6300 ASROCK 990FX Fatality AMD Radeon R9 270x AMD Radeon R9 270x 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
12GB 800mhz DDR 3 Crucial 240gb SSD Custom W/C Loop Windows 10 
MonitorCase
Asus 23" LCD S231HL x 3 InWin 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-6300 ASROCK 990FX Fatality AMD Radeon R9 270x AMD Radeon R9 270x 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
12GB 800mhz DDR 3 Crucial 240gb SSD Custom W/C Loop Windows 10 
MonitorCase
Asus 23" LCD S231HL x 3 InWin 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 19
Myself and I think others would really love to see the custom water blocks that your friend made
Stone Tardis
(17 items)
 
MKIII
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Processor Z87X-D3H-CF Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair XMS3 2x4GB Corsair XMS3 2x2Gb WD 500Gb Asus DVD RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 windows 7 Ultimate 64 Acer H223HQ Microsoft Curve 3000 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA NEX750G Zalman Z9 plus Saitek GM-3200 akasa venom large 800x350 
Audio
Turtle Beach X11 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 GA-990XA-UD3 MSI GTX 660 Ti PE OC twin Forzer Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair  Seagate Barracuda  Stock AMD Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER 24" Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Oc UK Crusade 650W Dual Rail Just a case 
MouseAudio
Saitek GM-3200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 
  hide details  
Reply
Stone Tardis
(17 items)
 
MKIII
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Processor Z87X-D3H-CF Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair XMS3 2x4GB Corsair XMS3 2x2Gb WD 500Gb Asus DVD RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 windows 7 Ultimate 64 Acer H223HQ Microsoft Curve 3000 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA NEX750G Zalman Z9 plus Saitek GM-3200 akasa venom large 800x350 
Audio
Turtle Beach X11 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 GA-990XA-UD3 MSI GTX 660 Ti PE OC twin Forzer Corsair  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair  Seagate Barracuda  Stock AMD Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER 24" Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Oc UK Crusade 650W Dual Rail Just a case 
MouseAudio
Saitek GM-3200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosh View Post

Myself and I think others would really love to see the custom water blocks that your friend made

Sure thing. Once the GPU ones are done I will throw a post up of them. Right now I need to make a little better holders for the CPU one. Its a relatively thin piece of plexiglass mount right now so I don't think its make the best contact to the CPU. When I pull it off I will take some pics.
My Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-6300 ASROCK 990FX Fatality AMD Radeon R9 270x AMD Radeon R9 270x 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
12GB 800mhz DDR 3 Crucial 240gb SSD Custom W/C Loop Windows 10 
MonitorCase
Asus 23" LCD S231HL x 3 InWin 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-6300 ASROCK 990FX Fatality AMD Radeon R9 270x AMD Radeon R9 270x 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
12GB 800mhz DDR 3 Crucial 240gb SSD Custom W/C Loop Windows 10 
MonitorCase
Asus 23" LCD S231HL x 3 InWin 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 19
What you could do. Get a radiator like an xspc ex 360, because of their relatively reasonable price, decent low fan speed performance, and slimness, and cut it to fit into the top of your case. Then get some fan guards/ dust filters for the exterior. It looks like you have the case length to do it. Then with that and your kuhler radiator you'd be able to cool both the CPU and GPUs pretty well, and avoid that jet like computer sound. While keeping your radiators inside of the case.

That's what I did with my first official loop. Worked well. And the fan guards covered the rough cuts that I made on the top of the case.

One other thing.. What pump are you using?
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmorgwsu View Post

What you could do. Get a radiator like an xspc ex 360, because of their relatively reasonable price, decent low fan speed performance, and slimness, and cut it to fit into the top of your case. Then get some fan guards/ dust filters for the exterior. It looks like you have the case length to do it. Then with that and your kuhler radiator you'd be able to cool both the CPU and GPUs pretty well, and avoid that jet like computer sound. While keeping your radiators inside of the case.

That's what I did with my first official loop. Worked well. And the fan guards covered the rough cuts that I made on the top of the case.

One other thing.. What pump are you using?

Thanks for the suggestions. Right now I have to wait on the radiator, getting laid off work end of next week and my four wheeler is under rebuilding biggrin.gif ... nice weather = four wheeler > PC mods lol
My Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-6300 ASROCK 990FX Fatality AMD Radeon R9 270x AMD Radeon R9 270x 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
12GB 800mhz DDR 3 Crucial 240gb SSD Custom W/C Loop Windows 10 
MonitorCase
Asus 23" LCD S231HL x 3 InWin 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-6300 ASROCK 990FX Fatality AMD Radeon R9 270x AMD Radeon R9 270x 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
12GB 800mhz DDR 3 Crucial 240gb SSD Custom W/C Loop Windows 10 
MonitorCase
Asus 23" LCD S231HL x 3 InWin 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › first real water cooling loop