I'm waiting for E3 - but have NO intention of buying it.
I've had an Xbox since the age of around 10 - so around 11 years now, I've been an Xbox gamer, and around 12-13 years of being an Xbox gamer.
Overall, this is no longer a GAMING machine, but a MEDIA machine.
Sure all the fancy stuff look good, but I honestly, as a REAL gamer, don't give a flying monkey about the new features.
- I DO NOT want to be online all the time
- I HATE the idea of this lack of used games market and the locking-in effect MS are trying to push for
- I HATE the fact the whole presentation was about SPORTS, a stupid impact engine that EA are developing and streaming TV through your Sky box or equivalent
- I DISLIKE the design they have adopted - seems as if it can't stand up any more - I use my Xbox360S ALWAYS vertically, and never want it to take more space
- I find the controller a step BACKWARDS, with the new design. Sure it looks a little better and has more functionalities, but the size of the Xbox controller was perfect, it seems they went back to the ORIGINAL Xbox controller (not the HUGE ones)
- I find the new name RIDICULOUS - I joked, watching the stream live with friends, that the name would be "iBox" or "The Xbox" - an Apple move. What did they do? Xbox One. Genius. Who paid them to come up with a horrid name? I preferred the rumours' names: Xbox 720, Xbox Infinity, etc
Overall, I wasn't really intending to buy next gen consoles, due to my investment in my PC - but now seeing both consoles, being more media orientated, I refuse to buy them. I regret buying Xbox Live membership till 2014.
Will be the last Xbox Live membership I'll be buying, unless Microsoft can really prove their worth, with some CONSOLE specific games.
"Here's the head of 343..." (I get excited of the possibility of a new Halo game)
"....we are going to create a new movie!"
Me: Seriously.....really? Screw you.