Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Mac › I really don't get it, what is so great about having a Mac?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I really don't get it, what is so great about having a Mac? - Page 10

post #91 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisguitar View Post

This thread should be locked.

You people are meant to be "tech people" and you hate on OSX / Mac.

Your reasoning's for "just as good" doesn't work in the industry now does it? I've worked in the industry, they all use mac's. Not windows because its just as good. They pay to get stuff done right.

Whether or not they could get an Ivy bridge cpu and overclock it to 9.5 bajilloion ghz and a gtx titan in sli with 74 ssd's with 192gb ram is out of the question.

^ obvs not srs.

They are there to get the job done, the job is done right with mac's. They have been for years in graphic design.

I'm not even going to sit here and defend Mac / OSX because you are all obviously stubborn and extremely ignorant to the fact that people can have their own opinions on products.

pfft being "tech people", I'd think you'd understand but I guess OCN isn't just what it use to be, people just seemingly get more stupid by the month.


Coming from a Apple Enthusiast rolleyes.gif

As someone that has used OSX to a extensive level in the past, OS X simply doesn't do everything 7/8 can do. And to be frank Windows does a ton of things a lot better, and is just as rock stable. Really unless you PC is unstable or you have some really crummy drivers (what I haven't had a problem with since xp days) then getting your PC to crash is pretty damn hard.

Paying more for a Mac regardless isn't going to help you get the job done any more then a cheaper PC computer would. This an't the xp vs osx 10.4 days where OSX simply did some things better, While they are pretty close to each other Windows has a huge compatibility and app selection advantage.

Personally if you can't figure that both have their advantages, really it is all personal preference, then your the one with the problem. Windows still is a better OS for anyone that likes options, Chrome is faster, app support tends to be better. Also you must be delusional if you think OSX gets the job done any better then windows.
Red Dragon
(19 items)
 
HTPC
(20 items)
 
HomeServer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @4.8ghz Asrock p67 Extreme4 GTX1080 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 9-11-11-31 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x 640 WD blacks Raid 0 Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 512GB SSD Sandisk 1TB SSD Samsung 470 Series 128GB SSD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Raystorm Windows 10 64bit Microboard m340clz 100hz 3440x1440 Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
TX850 HAF922 Logitech G502 Creative Sound Blaster Z  
AudioAudioAudio
Elac B6 & Dayton Audio SUB-800 Yamaha HTR-5790 Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 4GHZ Gigabyte EP45 UD3P GTX470 4GB OCZ Reaper 1150mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Blue 500gb OCZ Vertex 2 60GB LG Bluray Corsair H50 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Home Premium  Logitech K400 Corsair CX500 nMEDIAPC 6000B 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Yamaha HTR-5063 PS3 80GB BC PS3 with 250GB hard drive. Polk Audio Monitor 60s Bi-AMP Front Polk Audio Monitor 30s Rear 
OtherOther
Polk Audio CS1 Center Polk Audio PSW10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon Harpertown 3.6ghz Asus P5Q SE/R HD7770 4GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 2TB Hitachi 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
2TB Seagate 2TB Western Digital 1TB Hitachi Windows Home Server 2011 
Power
Corsair CX500 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Dragon
(19 items)
 
HTPC
(20 items)
 
HomeServer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @4.8ghz Asrock p67 Extreme4 GTX1080 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 9-11-11-31 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x 640 WD blacks Raid 0 Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 512GB SSD Sandisk 1TB SSD Samsung 470 Series 128GB SSD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Raystorm Windows 10 64bit Microboard m340clz 100hz 3440x1440 Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
TX850 HAF922 Logitech G502 Creative Sound Blaster Z  
AudioAudioAudio
Elac B6 & Dayton Audio SUB-800 Yamaha HTR-5790 Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 4GHZ Gigabyte EP45 UD3P GTX470 4GB OCZ Reaper 1150mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Blue 500gb OCZ Vertex 2 60GB LG Bluray Corsair H50 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Home Premium  Logitech K400 Corsair CX500 nMEDIAPC 6000B 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Yamaha HTR-5063 PS3 80GB BC PS3 with 250GB hard drive. Polk Audio Monitor 60s Bi-AMP Front Polk Audio Monitor 30s Rear 
OtherOther
Polk Audio CS1 Center Polk Audio PSW10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon Harpertown 3.6ghz Asus P5Q SE/R HD7770 4GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 2TB Hitachi 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
2TB Seagate 2TB Western Digital 1TB Hitachi Windows Home Server 2011 
Power
Corsair CX500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisguitar View Post

This thread should be locked.

You people are meant to be "tech people" and you hate on OSX / Mac.

Your reasoning's for "just as good" doesn't work in the industry now does it? I've worked in the industry, they all use mac's. Not windows because its just as good. They pay to get stuff done right.

Whether or not they could get an Ivy bridge cpu and overclock it to 9.5 bajilloion ghz and a gtx titan in sli with 74 ssd's with 192gb ram is out of the question.

^ obvs not srs.

They are there to get the job done, the job is done right with mac's. They have been for years in graphic design.

I'm not even going to sit here and defend Mac / OSX because you are all obviously stubborn and extremely ignorant to the fact that people can have their own opinions on products.

pfft being "tech people", I'd think you'd understand but I guess OCN isn't just what it use to be, people just seemingly get more stupid by the month.
Calling people stupid for actually looking at multiple aspects of a choise instead of going blindly for the hipster-stuff is quite silly.

I'd love to see you run Autodesk inventor or 3dsMax on your mac without bootcamp.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS HD6950 DirectCU II 2Gb Kingston ValueRAM 4gb x 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb 7200 RPM OCZ agility 3 (Boot drive) Asus DRW-24B3ST Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home premium 64bit Benq E2220HD Fractal Design Newton R2 650w modular CoolerMaster HAF 912+ 
MouseAudio
Microsoft Sidewinder X5 ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS HD6950 DirectCU II 2Gb Kingston ValueRAM 4gb x 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb 7200 RPM OCZ agility 3 (Boot drive) Asus DRW-24B3ST Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home premium 64bit Benq E2220HD Fractal Design Newton R2 650w modular CoolerMaster HAF 912+ 
MouseAudio
Microsoft Sidewinder X5 ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #93 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnopicilin View Post

Calling people stupid for actually looking at multiple aspects of a choise instead of going blindly for the hipster-stuff is quite silly.

I'd love to see you run Autodesk inventor or 3dsMax on your mac without bootcamp.

And calling people stupid for liking Mac and not agreeing with your opinions, as well as saying people who like Mac are "going blindly for the hipster-stuff" is quite silly as well.

I think you will find many Mac users on OCN do go though a lot of aspects before they end up spending $1000-$3000 on a computer (in fact, any sane person would do the same thing). At the moment KaiZ51 is trying to see some of the aspects for Mac before he buys one. That is why he created this thread.

I would love to see you run Garageband or Final Cut Studio without switching to Hackintosh.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #94 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

And calling people stupid for liking Mac and not agreeing with your opinions, as well as saying people who like Mac are "going blindly for the hipster-stuff" is quite silly as well.

I think you will find many Mac users on OCN do go though a lot of aspects before they end up spending $1000-$3000 on a computer (in fact, any sane person would do the same thing). At the moment KaiZ51 is trying to see some of the aspects for Mac before he buys one. That is why he created this thread.

I would love to see you run Garageband or Final Cut Studio without switching to Hackintosh.
If you look at this thread or have a chat with a regular mac user, a lot of the arguments they use are something like "It's a mac".

What do I need final cut for if premiere is the better of them, and usually comes bundled with after effects, illustrator, speedgrade and other top-notch programs? Also, Garage Band can be replaced with a million other programs.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS HD6950 DirectCU II 2Gb Kingston ValueRAM 4gb x 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb 7200 RPM OCZ agility 3 (Boot drive) Asus DRW-24B3ST Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home premium 64bit Benq E2220HD Fractal Design Newton R2 650w modular CoolerMaster HAF 912+ 
MouseAudio
Microsoft Sidewinder X5 ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS HD6950 DirectCU II 2Gb Kingston ValueRAM 4gb x 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb 7200 RPM OCZ agility 3 (Boot drive) Asus DRW-24B3ST Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home premium 64bit Benq E2220HD Fractal Design Newton R2 650w modular CoolerMaster HAF 912+ 
MouseAudio
Microsoft Sidewinder X5 ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #95 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnopicilin View Post

If you look at this thread or have a chat with a regular mac user, a lot of the arguments they use are something like "It's a mac".

What do I need final cut for if premiere is the better of them, and usually comes bundled with after effects, illustrator, speedgrade and other top-notch programs? Also, Garage Band can be replaced with a million other programs.

And if you have a chat with regular Windows users you would see they are complete idiots (I had some of them ask me why printing animated gifs doesn't work, people asking me if I can make GTA IV and Crysis 3 run on a 10 inch netbook from 2007, etc.)

What do I need Autodesk Inventor or 3dsMax for? I could just replace it with Sketchup or Blender.

You see, Windows (as well as the typical user) is pretty much just like Mac and vice-versa.

EDIT: In fact, if you actually look back in this thread. Someone who is meant to know quite a bit about tech says the hardware in Macs is outdated. If Ivy Bridge and Kepler is outdated, then what isn't (I'm pretty sure Apple will update their computers within the next month or so to Haswell)?
Edited by andrews2547 - 6/2/13 at 7:02am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

And if you have a chat with regular Computer users you would see they are complete idiots (I had some of them ask me why printing animated gifs doesn't work, people asking me if I can make GTA IV and Crysis 3 run on a 10 inch netbook from 2007, etc.)

What do I need Autodesk Inventor or 3dsMax for? I could just replace it with Sketchup or Blender.

You see, Windows (as well as the typical user) is pretty much just like Mac and vice-versa.

EDIT: In fact, if you actually look back in this thread. Someone who is meant to know quite a bit about tech says the hardware in Macs is outdated. If Ivy Bridge and Kepler is outdated, then what isn't (I'm pretty sure Apple will update their computers within the next month or so to Haswell)?

Well for one Ask any stupid computer user Mac or PC they aren't going to help you. Honestly I work at a hotel, you have no idea how many people with macbooks can't figure out simple things like connecting to a wireless network. You would be surprised by how many mac users are migrated windows users that kept getting viruses or whatnot because they have no idea what they are doing. They still do the same bad things, just that 99% of the malware and whatnot are written for dumb windows users. Not only that but even the above avg Mac user still tends to know little to nothing about the computer they are using, they might feel cool that they can jailbreak their ipod touch or whatnot, but compared to some of us PC guys they know vary little.

Why do you need Autodesk? well maybe people don't like to use second rate programs, if everyone did they wouldn't be using photoshop and word as well.


And Mac's arn't outdated? Look at the mac pro, using nehalem still and a measly clock rate at that. The iMac is right there with its i5 in processing power, and way better GPU. While still costing less.
Apple also tosses in Weak GPU's into their macbook pro's and sub par cooling.

Apple getting haswell next month rolleyes.gif
You forget how long they kept their laptops on C2D.....
Edited by DzillaXx - 6/2/13 at 7:32am
Red Dragon
(19 items)
 
HTPC
(20 items)
 
HomeServer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @4.8ghz Asrock p67 Extreme4 GTX1080 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 9-11-11-31 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x 640 WD blacks Raid 0 Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 512GB SSD Sandisk 1TB SSD Samsung 470 Series 128GB SSD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Raystorm Windows 10 64bit Microboard m340clz 100hz 3440x1440 Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
TX850 HAF922 Logitech G502 Creative Sound Blaster Z  
AudioAudioAudio
Elac B6 & Dayton Audio SUB-800 Yamaha HTR-5790 Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 4GHZ Gigabyte EP45 UD3P GTX470 4GB OCZ Reaper 1150mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Blue 500gb OCZ Vertex 2 60GB LG Bluray Corsair H50 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Home Premium  Logitech K400 Corsair CX500 nMEDIAPC 6000B 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Yamaha HTR-5063 PS3 80GB BC PS3 with 250GB hard drive. Polk Audio Monitor 60s Bi-AMP Front Polk Audio Monitor 30s Rear 
OtherOther
Polk Audio CS1 Center Polk Audio PSW10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon Harpertown 3.6ghz Asus P5Q SE/R HD7770 4GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 2TB Hitachi 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
2TB Seagate 2TB Western Digital 1TB Hitachi Windows Home Server 2011 
Power
Corsair CX500 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Dragon
(19 items)
 
HTPC
(20 items)
 
HomeServer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @4.8ghz Asrock p67 Extreme4 GTX1080 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 9-11-11-31 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x 640 WD blacks Raid 0 Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 512GB SSD Sandisk 1TB SSD Samsung 470 Series 128GB SSD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Raystorm Windows 10 64bit Microboard m340clz 100hz 3440x1440 Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
TX850 HAF922 Logitech G502 Creative Sound Blaster Z  
AudioAudioAudio
Elac B6 & Dayton Audio SUB-800 Yamaha HTR-5790 Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 4GHZ Gigabyte EP45 UD3P GTX470 4GB OCZ Reaper 1150mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Blue 500gb OCZ Vertex 2 60GB LG Bluray Corsair H50 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Home Premium  Logitech K400 Corsair CX500 nMEDIAPC 6000B 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Yamaha HTR-5063 PS3 80GB BC PS3 with 250GB hard drive. Polk Audio Monitor 60s Bi-AMP Front Polk Audio Monitor 30s Rear 
OtherOther
Polk Audio CS1 Center Polk Audio PSW10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon Harpertown 3.6ghz Asus P5Q SE/R HD7770 4GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 2TB Hitachi 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
2TB Seagate 2TB Western Digital 1TB Hitachi Windows Home Server 2011 
Power
Corsair CX500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #97 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

And if you have a chat with regular Windows users you would see they are complete idiots (I had some of them ask me why printing animated gifs doesn't work, people asking me if I can make GTA IV and Crysis 3 run on a 10 inch netbook from 2007, etc.)

What do I need Autodesk Inventor or 3dsMax for? I could just replace it with Sketchup or Blender.

You see, Windows (as well as the typical user) is pretty much just like Mac and vice-versa.

EDIT: In fact, if you actually look back in this thread. Someone who is meant to know quite a bit about tech says the hardware in Macs is outdated. If Ivy Bridge and Kepler is outdated, then what isn't (I'm pretty sure Apple will update their computers within the next month or so to Haswell)?
Why are you so hostile? Oh, that's yet another charasteristic feature of mac-fanatics. If you don't want to get all the apples shoved down your throat you're a complete idiot.

The fact that there are many questions from not-so-tech-savvy people is MAYBE, just MAYBE that windows has over 90% market share.. I was really hoping that you wouldn't use that argument.

Sketchup is far from a industrial-grade 3d software and blender isn't yet heavy-duty enough, though it's evolving all the time. Saying that macs are pretty much the choise of any business is just plain false, because you can't use all the software needed.

EDIT: Look at the post above.

Also, why would autodesk still produce every year a new version of a program costing thousands of dollars if it can be easily replaced with a free alternative? Why isn't GIMP the industry standard?


The fact is, you can do everything on Windows that you could do on mac, and a lot more.
Edited by cnopicilin - 6/2/13 at 7:33am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS HD6950 DirectCU II 2Gb Kingston ValueRAM 4gb x 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb 7200 RPM OCZ agility 3 (Boot drive) Asus DRW-24B3ST Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home premium 64bit Benq E2220HD Fractal Design Newton R2 650w modular CoolerMaster HAF 912+ 
MouseAudio
Microsoft Sidewinder X5 ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS HD6950 DirectCU II 2Gb Kingston ValueRAM 4gb x 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb 7200 RPM OCZ agility 3 (Boot drive) Asus DRW-24B3ST Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 home premium 64bit Benq E2220HD Fractal Design Newton R2 650w modular CoolerMaster HAF 912+ 
MouseAudio
Microsoft Sidewinder X5 ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #98 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzillaXx View Post

Well for one Ask any stupid computer user Mac or PC they aren't going to help you. Honestly I work at a hotel, you have no idea how many people with macbooks can't figure out simple things like connecting to a wireless network. You wouldn't be surprised by how many mac users are migrated windows users that kept getting viruses or whatnot because they have no idea what they are doing. They still do the same bad things, just that 99% of the malware and whatnot are written for dumb windows users. Not only that but even the above avg Mac user still tends to know little to nothing about the computer they are using, they might feel cool that they can jailbreak their ipod touch or whatnot, but compared to some of us PC guys they know vary little.

Why do you need Autodesk? well maybe people don't like to use second rate programs, if everyone did they wouldn't be using photoshop and word as well.


And Mac's arn't outdated? Look at the mac pro, using nehalem still and a measly clock rate at that. The iMac is right there with its i5 in processing power, and way better GPU. While still costing less.
Apple also tosses in Weak GPU's into their macbook pro's and sub par cooling.

Apple getting haswell next month rolleyes.gif
You forget how long they kept their laptops on C2D.....

Compared to the average PC user, the advanced Mac user knows more about Windows than them. What's your point? People who know a lot about tech tend to know a lot about a vast majority of tech.

Apple has stopped producing the Mac Pro for Europe (because they are killing it off, hence why they haven't updated them properly) and they are probably going to stop selling them in the rest of the world as well. Also saying Apple computers are outdated just because they still sell the Mac Pro with Nehalem is similar to saying Samsung computers are outdated because they are still selling Sandy Bridge computers therefore all of Samsungs computers are outdated.

I have never had any problems, nor do I know of anyone who has had problems with the MacBook Pro or MacBook Air overheating. I do know it does happen, but it's rare. In fact, it's just as rare as a Samsung, Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. overheating.

Sandy Bridge launch - Q1 2011.
First Sandy Bridge Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac, Mac Mini - Q1 2011
Ivy Bridge launch - Q2 2012.
First Ivy Bridge Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac, Mac Mini - Q2 2012.
Haswell Launch - Q2 2013
First Ivy Bridge Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac, Mac Mini - Q2 2013 (June 10 - June 14)


Quote:
Originally Posted by cnopicilin View Post

Why are you so hostile? Oh, that's yet another charasteristic feature of mac-fanatics. If you don't want to get all the apples shoved down your throat you're a complete idiot.

The fact that there are many questions from not-so-tech-savvy people is MAYBE, just MAYBE that windows has over 90% market share.. I was really hoping that you wouldn't use that argument.

Sketchup is far from a industrial-grade 3d software and blender isn't yet heavy-duty enough, though it's evolving all the time. Saying that macs are pretty much the choise of any business is just plain false, because you can't use all the software needed.

EDIT: Look at the post above.

Also, why would autodesk still produce every year a new version of a program costing thousands of dollars if it can be easily replaced with a free alternative? Why isn't GIMP the industry standard?


The fact is, you can do everything on Windows that you could do on mac, and a lot more.

I'm not really a Mac fan I just like a couple of their products. Look at my first post in this thread, I mentioned there isn't really anything you can do on Mac that you can't do on Windows. All I said is their hardware (specifically track pad) is the best on any laptop so far as well as explain why they cost slightly more than similarly powerful competitors in the same market. Comparing a Retina MacBook Pro (0.7 inch thick, 3.5 lbs ultrabook) to a Sager laptop (4 inch thick 10 lbs gaming laptop) doesn't really count as the same market. By the way, multiple people on OCN who claim to know a lot about tech has tried to do that before.

I didn't start the argument of Windows users being just as stupid or stupider than Mac users. Read your first post you insinuated that Mac users think Mac is better just because it's Mac, which implies they can't come up with a reason and therefore don't know anything.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #99 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post

No, PPC was dropped in 10.7 but, yeah thanks for backing me up there.

No power support dropped in 10.6 Snow Leopard could not be installed on anything Power. 10.6 introduced Rosetta which let you use Power programs which was killed in 10.7. 10.8 killed anything 32 bit or with a 32 bit EFI which left 1,1 and 2,1 Mac Pro and most of the first gen C2D products in the dust even though they were 64bit.

When it was the Apple Computer Company they didn't do this as fast but...
 
DD Portable
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5675C Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 5 XFX RX 480 GTR 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Black RE4 2TB Western Digital Green 2TB bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM bequiet! Shadow Wings SW1 120mm PWM bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Arch X64 / Gnome and OSX 10.11 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 590D 4K KBC Poker II be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W bequiet! Silent Base 800 
MouseAudioAudio
Speedlink Omni VI  Sound Blaster Z  Bose Companion 2  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3427U The Googs HD4000 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB Flash / 128GB SanDisk Extreme SD card ChromeOS / Ubuntu 14.04 12" 2560x1700 bad 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
not much  Aluminium  Trackpad it makes noise I think  
  hide details  
Reply
 
DD Portable
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5675C Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 5 XFX RX 480 GTR 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Black RE4 2TB Western Digital Green 2TB bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM bequiet! Shadow Wings SW1 120mm PWM bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Arch X64 / Gnome and OSX 10.11 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 590D 4K KBC Poker II be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W bequiet! Silent Base 800 
MouseAudioAudio
Speedlink Omni VI  Sound Blaster Z  Bose Companion 2  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3427U The Googs HD4000 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB Flash / 128GB SanDisk Extreme SD card ChromeOS / Ubuntu 14.04 12" 2560x1700 bad 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
not much  Aluminium  Trackpad it makes noise I think  
  hide details  
Reply
post #100 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzillaXx View Post

Coming from a Apple Enthusiast rolleyes.gif

As someone that has used OSX to a extensive level in the past, OS X simply doesn't do everything 7/8 can do. And to be frank Windows does a ton of things a lot better, and is just as rock stable. Really unless you PC is unstable or you have some really crummy drivers (what I haven't had a problem with since xp days) then getting your PC to crash is pretty damn hard.

Paying more for a Mac regardless isn't going to help you get the job done any more then a cheaper PC computer would. This an't the xp vs osx 10.4 days where OSX simply did some things better, While they are pretty close to each other Windows has a huge compatibility and app selection advantage.

Personally if you can't figure that both have their advantages, really it is all personal preference, then your the one with the problem. Windows still is a better OS for anyone that likes options, Chrome is faster, app support tends to be better. Also you must be delusional if you think OSX gets the job done any better then windows.

A) What do you need it to do? OSX server is not up to standard but…

B) Depends on needs
 
DD Portable
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5675C Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 5 XFX RX 480 GTR 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Black RE4 2TB Western Digital Green 2TB bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM bequiet! Shadow Wings SW1 120mm PWM bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Arch X64 / Gnome and OSX 10.11 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 590D 4K KBC Poker II be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W bequiet! Silent Base 800 
MouseAudioAudio
Speedlink Omni VI  Sound Blaster Z  Bose Companion 2  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3427U The Googs HD4000 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB Flash / 128GB SanDisk Extreme SD card ChromeOS / Ubuntu 14.04 12" 2560x1700 bad 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
not much  Aluminium  Trackpad it makes noise I think  
  hide details  
Reply
 
DD Portable
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5675C Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 5 XFX RX 480 GTR 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Black RE4 2TB Western Digital Green 2TB bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM bequiet! Shadow Wings SW1 120mm PWM bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Arch X64 / Gnome and OSX 10.11 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 590D 4K KBC Poker II be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W bequiet! Silent Base 800 
MouseAudioAudio
Speedlink Omni VI  Sound Blaster Z  Bose Companion 2  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3427U The Googs HD4000 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB Flash / 128GB SanDisk Extreme SD card ChromeOS / Ubuntu 14.04 12" 2560x1700 bad 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
not much  Aluminium  Trackpad it makes noise I think  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Mac › I really don't get it, what is so great about having a Mac?