Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Ducky Shine 2 led issue
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ducky Shine 2 led issue

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
I've had my Ducky Shine 2 for a few weeks now and lately I've had an issue where only certain LEDs light up. the F2, F6, F9, F12, Pause, Tab, W, R, Y, I P, ], Del, PgDn, 7 (keypad), 9 (keypad), and left Win key are lit up, but no other ones. If I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in, they all work as they should, but after a few minutes, only these keys will light up and all the rest of them go dark and don't respond when I try to change the LED setting.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? Everything else on the keyboard works great, but the LED issue is happening more and more and is starting to make me mad. I really don't feel like RMAing it back to Taiwan, so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.
R2-D2 2700k
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K P8Z77-V Pro nVidia GTX970 Watercooled nVidia GTX970 Watercooled 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 S... Samsung 840 Evo OCZ Agility 3  Crucial MX300 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Modisc XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 plus custom loop Danger Den Black Ice SR1 360 RAD Corsair AF SP120 fans (5x) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Acer S231HL Acer S231HL Acer S231HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm QuickFire XT Stealth with Cherry MX Gr... OCZ ZX 850W Corsair 750D Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM400 Logitech LS21 
  hide details  
Reply
R2-D2 2700k
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K P8Z77-V Pro nVidia GTX970 Watercooled nVidia GTX970 Watercooled 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 S... Samsung 840 Evo OCZ Agility 3  Crucial MX300 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Modisc XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 plus custom loop Danger Den Black Ice SR1 360 RAD Corsair AF SP120 fans (5x) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Acer S231HL Acer S231HL Acer S231HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm QuickFire XT Stealth with Cherry MX Gr... OCZ ZX 850W Corsair 750D Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM400 Logitech LS21 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2 of 5
I really don't know what is wrong with your keyboard but maybe posting at the link below will help you.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1278250/ducky-shine-version-2/870

Ask the posters in the thread as they are ducky shine 2 owners.
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyredd View Post

I really don't know what is wrong with your keyboard but maybe posting at the link below will help you.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1278250/ducky-shine-version-2/870

Ask the posters in the thread as they are ducky shine 2 owners.

Thanks for the tip, I just posted in that thread as well.
R2-D2 2700k
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K P8Z77-V Pro nVidia GTX970 Watercooled nVidia GTX970 Watercooled 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 S... Samsung 840 Evo OCZ Agility 3  Crucial MX300 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Modisc XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 plus custom loop Danger Den Black Ice SR1 360 RAD Corsair AF SP120 fans (5x) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Acer S231HL Acer S231HL Acer S231HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm QuickFire XT Stealth with Cherry MX Gr... OCZ ZX 850W Corsair 750D Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM400 Logitech LS21 
  hide details  
Reply
R2-D2 2700k
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K P8Z77-V Pro nVidia GTX970 Watercooled nVidia GTX970 Watercooled 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 S... Samsung 840 Evo OCZ Agility 3  Crucial MX300 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Modisc XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 plus custom loop Danger Den Black Ice SR1 360 RAD Corsair AF SP120 fans (5x) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Acer S231HL Acer S231HL Acer S231HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm QuickFire XT Stealth with Cherry MX Gr... OCZ ZX 850W Corsair 750D Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM400 Logitech LS21 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderMutt View Post

I've had my Ducky Shine 2 for a few weeks now and lately I've had an issue where only certain LEDs light up. the F2, F6, F9, F12, Pause, Tab, W, R, Y, I P, ], Del, PgDn, 7 (keypad), 9 (keypad), and left Win key are lit up, but no other ones. If I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in, they all work as they should, but after a few minutes, only these keys will light up and all the rest of them go dark and don't respond when I try to change the LED setting.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? Everything else on the keyboard works great, but the LED issue is happening more and more and is starting to make me mad. I really don't feel like RMAing it back to Taiwan, so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

I apologize for reviving this old thread, however after running into the same exact problem and spending hours researching it, I've found absolutely nothing except this post.
Think I may have found a fix for this problem and hope it will help someone else avoid a 2-3 month turnaround on RMA.

To fix it, I replaced the original USB cable that came with the keyboard. Had to go through a couple of cables before I found one that worked right.
The one that worked for me was: 6ft USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-B 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core (Gold Plated) (Link to product page)
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by razspaz View Post

I apologize for reviving this old thread, however after running into the same exact problem and spending hours researching it, I've found absolutely nothing except this post.
Think I may have found a fix for this problem and hope it will help someone else avoid a 2-3 month turnaround on RMA.

To fix it, I replaced the original USB cable that came with the keyboard. Had to go through a couple of cables before I found one that worked right.
The one that worked for me was: 6ft USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-B 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core (Gold Plated) (Link to product page)

Thanks for the info, I hope that helps someone else who might run into this issue.

As an update to my story, I RMAed the board through MechanicalKeyboard.com (they handle all North American RMAs for Ducky), and after 6 months, I had no keyboard and no one could give me any kind of information on it. I finally contacted Ducky headquarters via the email on their website. I explained to them the situation, that I had been without the keyboard now for 6 months and was there anything they could do to try to rectify the situation.

I was surprised when I received an email from them the next day apologizing and stating that they would do everything they could to make it right. They asked for the exact info about my keyboard so they could try to locate a replacement. I emailed them and 2 days later I got an email back stating that because the Sine II had been out of production for some time, they were going to have their American distributor set me up with a suitable replacement, a Shine 3. The next day I was contacted by someone at MechanicalKeyboards.com, telling me I could choose any Shine 3 they had in stock, or from their list of stock that was on order, and they sent me a copy of both lists).

Unfortunately, they didn't have one to match my Shine 2 (MX Blues with Orange LEDs), so I opted for one with MX Blues and White LEDs. They promptly shipped the board to me, and within a few days I had it, tried it and didn't like it.

In the 6 months that had passed, I had replaced the keyboard with a non-backlit mechanical (actually a series of keyboards, but the latest was a non-backlit, the Cooler Master XT Stealth with MX Greens), so I put the keyboard up for sale and ended up getting about what I had paid for the Shine 2, so all in all, I was happy, I just wish it hadn't taken 6 months for the service to suddenly become awesome.
R2-D2 2700k
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K P8Z77-V Pro nVidia GTX970 Watercooled nVidia GTX970 Watercooled 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 S... Samsung 840 Evo OCZ Agility 3  Crucial MX300 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Modisc XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 plus custom loop Danger Den Black Ice SR1 360 RAD Corsair AF SP120 fans (5x) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Acer S231HL Acer S231HL Acer S231HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm QuickFire XT Stealth with Cherry MX Gr... OCZ ZX 850W Corsair 750D Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM400 Logitech LS21 
  hide details  
Reply
R2-D2 2700k
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K P8Z77-V Pro nVidia GTX970 Watercooled nVidia GTX970 Watercooled 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 S... Samsung 840 Evo OCZ Agility 3  Crucial MX300 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Modisc XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 plus custom loop Danger Den Black Ice SR1 360 RAD Corsair AF SP120 fans (5x) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Acer S231HL Acer S231HL Acer S231HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm QuickFire XT Stealth with Cherry MX Gr... OCZ ZX 850W Corsair 750D Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM400 Logitech LS21 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Ducky Shine 2 led issue