Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Grid 2 discussions and benchmarks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grid 2 discussions and benchmarks! - Page 2

post #11 of 123
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

For some reason my GRID 2 won't use 100% of both my 670s it only uses around 20-30% each. When I run single card it is silky smooth. I'm updated to the newest drivers as well :[


edit: never mind i found out it was because of playing in windowed mode. Is there a way to play windowed without the massive FPS drop?

i always thought sli/cf doesn't work in windowed mode, only in fullscreen.
post #12 of 123
No cockpit view, Poor handling, Don't buy this game if your into sims.

Ive played for 45 mins now and still cant get the handling down, With my G27 at 180+km and hour, Im still able to turn on a dime.... Broken.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 930 D0 4.25GHz, 1.30V ASUS P6X58D Premium EVGA 580 sc 6gb G-skill 8-8-8-21 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 128P/WD 600GB Raptor LG 20X DVD+-R X2 Win & X64 27" LG X2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair 1000HX Half X G5 
Mouse Pad
Cyber Snipa 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 930 D0 4.25GHz, 1.30V ASUS P6X58D Premium EVGA 580 sc 6gb G-skill 8-8-8-21 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 128P/WD 600GB Raptor LG 20X DVD+-R X2 Win & X64 27" LG X2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair 1000HX Half X G5 
Mouse Pad
Cyber Snipa 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 123
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post

No cockpit view, Poor handling, Don't buy this game if your into sims.

Ive played for 45 mins now and still cant get the handling down, With my G27 at 180+km and hour, Im still able to turn on a dime.... Broken.

i don't get why would you want a cockpit mode if you are using a racing wheel.
post #14 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgwright View Post

I like it, grid is back! I like how the game feels like the original grid with a visual upgrade.

Not really, removed vital controls AND cockpit.
Benchmark (Click to show)


Dubai 3 Laps (Click to show)

Edited by hamzta09 - 5/28/13 at 6:18pm
post #15 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

i don't get why would you want a cockpit mode if you are using a racing wheel.

So you feel like you're in the cockpit O.o
post #16 of 123
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

So you feel like you're in the cockpit O.o

that doesn't make any sense. you want to see two steering wheels, two windshields, two pair of arms?
post #17 of 123
Is anyone playing this with a 3770k/670 or 670 SLI similar to my sig rig

I have annoying stutter in GRID, GRID 2 & DiRT Showdown, all of them use the EGO Engine...I can play F1 2012 with no problems though. I dont know what is up.

I am wondering if anyone else has seen any issues so far.

*edit* I just tried this on a different rig that has a 2500k/7850 and it ran buttery smooth, never dipped below 60 at any point in 3 races.

confused.gif
Edited by Sakura Siri - 5/28/13 at 9:53pm
post #18 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Siri View Post

Is anyone playing this with a 3770k/670 or 670 SLI similar to my sig rig

I have annoying stutter in GRID, GRID 2 & DiRT Showdown, all of them use the EGO Engine...I can play F1 2012 with no problems though. I dont know what is up.

I am wondering if anyone else has seen any issues so far.

*edit* I just tried this on a different rig that has a 2500k/7850 and it ran buttery smooth, never dipped below 60 at any point in 3 races.

confused.gif

I'm noticing that god awful pause that I was getting in BF3 with older drivers. It's like the game just stops for a second and then continues and man is it annoying. FPS stay steady and vram is no where near being full so that's not it. You might be talking about SLI issues though and those are being had by everyone in just about every game lately.
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcasst View Post

Anybody know the difference between grid2 and grid2 AVX .exe's?

AVX.exe is for haswell CPUs with added graphical effects like fog shadows, why the .. do they strip this feature from normal users.....
post #20 of 123
WIP mod for cockpit cameras. Player is using a keyboard hence the bad control!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NdNtZROVcDE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Grid 2 discussions and benchmarks!