Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Coding and Programming › **NEW** IDEs, SDKs and Resources list.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**NEW** IDEs, SDKs and Resources list.

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
As joshd has gone inactive, I thought that this was a good post of his, so I'm making a new one.
Right now it's just his post with a few minor revisions, but if you want to add anything/have any suggestions just post here. smile.gif
Android (Click to show) Apple (Click to show) Go (Click to show) C/CPP (Click to show) Java (Click to show) Python (Click to show) C# (Click to show) Perl (Click to show) Ruby (Click to show) ActionScript (Click to show) HTML, CSS and JS (Click to show) Server-Side Web (Click to show) Windows Phone (Click to show) Multiple Use (Click to show) Try languages (Click to show)
Hope this helps smile.gif

NOTE: I put CPP instead of C++ because the plus sign doesn't render because Huddler.
Edited by 3930K - 6/3/13 at 11:48pm
post #2 of 18
MonoDevelop is supposed to allow you to build mobile games/applications for Android, iOS, as well as Windows phone 7/8. You only have it listed under C#.

Also, the Windows 8 Phone SDK released a bit ago, the caveat though is that you need certain intel hardware as well as Windows 8. Outright retarded move if you ask me.
Croissant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Asus Sabertooth Z77 GTX 680 2x4 gigs G-SKill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial C300 2x Asus DVD-RW Silver Arrow Win 7 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Dual ASUS 24" Rosewill 750 Capstone Corsair Carbide Air 540 The Basic sound blaster Z-Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Croissant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Asus Sabertooth Z77 GTX 680 2x4 gigs G-SKill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial C300 2x Asus DVD-RW Silver Arrow Win 7 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Dual ASUS 24" Rosewill 750 Capstone Corsair Carbide Air 540 The Basic sound blaster Z-Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereoncewasamaninparis View Post

MonoDevelop is supposed to allow you to build mobile games/applications for Android, iOS, as well as Windows phone 7/8. You only have it listed under C#.

Also, the Windows 8 Phone SDK released a bit ago, the caveat though is that you need certain intel hardware as well as Windows 8. Outright retarded move if you ask me.
Will add smile.gif

Will add, but I'll also explain why.

There's this instruction set called SLAT. HyperV uses it. The WP8 emulator piggybacks on HyperV.
iirc you can dev on machines w/o SLAT if you have a physical WP8 device.
post #4 of 18
There is also PhpStorm, although it could go under at least 3 categories (if you add a PHP section, otherwise 2). "Web" is a bit general. Almost anything can be used for the web.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 MSI X58 Pro-E GTX 560 Ti 448 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
840 Pro Caviar Black LG BD-ROM Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Dell U2311H Turbo-Trak (Google it :D) Corsair HX-520 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM690 Mionix Avior 7000 Everglide Titan AKG K 242 HD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 MSI X58 Pro-E GTX 560 Ti 448 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
840 Pro Caviar Black LG BD-ROM Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Dell U2311H Turbo-Trak (Google it :D) Corsair HX-520 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM690 Mionix Avior 7000 Everglide Titan AKG K 242 HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomizer View Post

There is also PhpStorm, although it could go under at least 3 categories (if you add a PHP section, otherwise 2). "Web" is a bit general. Almost anything can be used for the web.
Yeah, I should overhaul that. As I said, it's currently just a fixed copy+paste of joshd's old one, with a few additions. I'll do that when I get off mobile.
post #6 of 18
I've been using LiteIDE a lot lately for Go. It looks like it supports C++ as well, but I've not written any C++ recently to test LiteIDE.
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan9 View Post

I've been using LiteIDE a lot lately for Go. It looks like it supports C++ as well, but I've not written any C++ recently to test LiteIDE.
Will add smile.gif
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

Will add smile.gif

Will add, but I'll also explain why.

There's this instruction set called SLAT. HyperV uses it. The WP8 emulator piggybacks on HyperV.
iirc you can dev on machines w/o SLAT if you have a physical WP8 device.

It still shouldn't matter. When it comes to virtualization, with enough time, money and people(which microsoft has), you could make anything work on anything. I mean come on, I can run an ARM OS on a virtual machine with completely different registers expected, but I can't run an x86 SDK on an x86 machine?

Even then, Windows 8 is still a requirement for the SDK. So even though I have a lumia 920 that I could debug with, I still have to buy windows 8.
Croissant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Asus Sabertooth Z77 GTX 680 2x4 gigs G-SKill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial C300 2x Asus DVD-RW Silver Arrow Win 7 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Dual ASUS 24" Rosewill 750 Capstone Corsair Carbide Air 540 The Basic sound blaster Z-Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Croissant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Asus Sabertooth Z77 GTX 680 2x4 gigs G-SKill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial C300 2x Asus DVD-RW Silver Arrow Win 7 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Dual ASUS 24" Rosewill 750 Capstone Corsair Carbide Air 540 The Basic sound blaster Z-Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereoncewasamaninparis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

Will add smile.gif

Will add, but I'll also explain why.

There's this instruction set called SLAT. HyperV uses it. The WP8 emulator piggybacks on HyperV.
iirc you can dev on machines w/o SLAT if you have a physical WP8 device.

It still shouldn't matter. When it comes to virtualization, with enough time, money and people(which microsoft has), you could make anything work on anything. I mean come on, I can run an ARM OS on a virtual machine with completely different registers expected, but I can't run an x86 SDK on an x86 machine?

Even then, Windows 8 is still a requirement for the SDK. So even though I have a lumia 920 that I could debug with, I still have to buy windows 8.
WP is an ARM OS... and you can dev with a physical phone even if you don't have SLAT. I don't quite understand the Win8 requirement, though: sure, you need HyperV for the virtualized WP8, but for physical phones it makes no sense.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

WP is an ARM OS... and you can dev with a physical phone even if you don't have SLAT. I don't quite understand the Win8 requirement, though: sure, you need HyperV for the virtualized WP8, but for physical phones it makes no sense.
Same reason Apple require you to buy a Mac: $$$
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Coding and Programming
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Coding and Programming › **NEW** IDEs, SDKs and Resources list.