Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Fan placement i FD R4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fan placement i FD R4 - Page 2

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyodee View Post


Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2


What are your temps?
And fan speed?
And noise level in dba?
CPU idle 24-26c@700rpm, load 43-48c@950-1050rpm
GPU is small 6570 with a Scythe Setsugen cooler 50c@800rpm
Case fans idle 700rpm and load 900-1000rpm
Noise is quiet.. at full load I can just hear fans enough to know it's at full load. I have to really listen to know they are running faster... and the room is very quiet.. more noise from outside from birds and breeze rustling leaves than anything.
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyodee View Post


Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2


What are your temps?
And fan speed?
And noise level in dba?
CPU idle 24-26c@700rpm, load 43-48c@950-1050rpm
GPU is small 6570 with a Scythe Setsugen cooler 50c@800rpm
Case fans idle 700rpm and load 900-1000rpm
Noise is quiet.. at full load I can just hear fans enough to know it's at full load. I have to really listen to know they are running faster... and the room is very quiet.. more noise from outside from birds and breeze rustling leaves than anything.

Holy cow!!

If you have a camera, please share your setup

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyodee View Post

Holy cow!!

If you have a camera, please share your setup

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Back view of vent and duct, side view with back on bottom showing duct from cooler to back vent, side view. Cooler has TY-143 fans.


TY-140 front fans. There is a 3rd TY-140 in bottom. All fans are PWM controlled by CPU fan PWM signal. There are no exhaust fans.


Sorry the pics are not better quality.
All fans have Silverstone magnetic mounting filters.
Case is set on a caster base so there is approx. 50mm of bottom clearance for free airflow to bottom fans.
post #14 of 18
Where is the system setup wit the h70?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
post #15 of 18
uve4e8ep.jpg

Took this a while back.
Rear exhaust fan and bottom intake are all noctua uln 140mm. Infact, all fans are. Plus 3x caviar green drives in the bottom cage and ssd on top one

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyodee View Post

Where is the system setup wit the h70?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
r
If you are asking me there is no H70. Air is better. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyodee View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
uve4e8ep.jpg

Took this a while back.
Rear exhaust fan and bottom intake are all noctua uln 140mm. Infact, all fans are. Plus 3x caviar green drives in the bottom cage and ssd on top one

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Looks like a nice rig
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyodee View Post

Where is the system setup wit the h70?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
r
If you are asking me there is no H70. Air is better. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyodee View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
uve4e8ep.jpg

Took this a while back.
Rear exhaust fan and bottom intake are all noctua uln 140mm. Infact, all fans are. Plus 3x caviar green drives in the bottom cage and ssd on top one

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Looks like a nice rig

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

D14 are huge. In your setup, you have the exhaust on the top following the laws of the basic dynamics.
How does this compare to the current setup I have, that is, rear exhaust?
post #18 of 18
My setup has exhaust out the back. Same as pics I posted for you. My avatar is an older picture. No difference in cooling for me using top or back. Fans make "hot air rises" a mute concept.

With duct from cooler to back vent all heat from cooler goes out the back. Your D14 may or may not be venting all cooler exhaust.

Also your GPU puts out much more heat than mine making it much harder to deliver good cool air to CPU cooler.. which is why I suggested front top fan being an intake at low speed with your H70. With D14 the best would be your 3x optical bays being an intake.
Edited by doyll - 5/31/13 at 10:51am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Fan placement i FD R4