Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [OFFICIAL] GTX 770 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] GTX 770 Owners Club - Page 882

post #8811 of 9149
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

Skyline created a modded BIOS for my card (GTX 770 2GB Reference - Titan Cooler). I can upload it for you if you want, I forget the exact specs, but like others said, it's not smart to use random BIOS's.

I would like that reference bios as well I run 2 of them in sli with shunt resistor mod on them.
My Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero XFX RX 480 RS PNY XLR8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Toshiba 256GB SSD Seagate 3 TB HP DVD-RW Phobya DC12-260 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech Microres Rev2 Ek supremecy mx Swiftech 360 rad Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248 Logitech G510 Corsair CX750M Corsair 750D 
Mouse
Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero XFX RX 480 RS PNY XLR8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Toshiba 256GB SSD Seagate 3 TB HP DVD-RW Phobya DC12-260 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech Microres Rev2 Ek supremecy mx Swiftech 360 rad Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248 Logitech G510 Corsair CX750M Corsair 750D 
Mouse
Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8812 of 9149
My card is: EVGA GTX 770 4GB, ACX, Dual-Bios, Super-Clocked card.

So I tried first the bios on page1 for this thread "EVGA.GTX770.4096.Dual SC.zip" which should, in my mind.. be for my card.

After flashing it I got garbled text in BIOS / POST and flashy artifacts and discolored stuff everywhere. I let it boot to windows anyway and showed desktop and it was just "snowfest" and snowy everywhere so bad I couldn't distinguish anything.

I had to shut off the computer and use another older machine to flash it back to stock bios.

I don't know what it is but the 700 series are very picky special to bioses I think. I ended up extracting my stock bios and uploading that and had someone modify it for me and re-flashed it and it worked fine.
post #8813 of 9149
Quote:
Originally Posted by kithylin View Post

My card is: EVGA GTX 770 4GB, ACX, Dual-Bios, Super-Clocked card.

So I tried first the bios on page1 for this thread "EVGA.GTX770.4096.Dual SC.zip" which should, in my mind.. be for my card.

After flashing it I got garbled text in BIOS / POST and flashy artifacts and discolored stuff everywhere. I let it boot to windows anyway and showed desktop and it was just "snowfest" and snowy everywhere so bad I couldn't distinguish anything.

I had to shut off the computer and use another older machine to flash it back to stock bios.

I don't know what it is but the 700 series are very picky special to bioses I think. I ended up extracting my stock bios and uploading that and had someone modify it for me and re-flashed it and it worked fine.

I had a similar experience with mine, I even used a stock EVGA bios to match my card. It seems it's so picky you sometimes need the exact model's bios.
post #8814 of 9149
Kinda sad got my replacement 770 classified today and green and pink artifacts everywhere 😞 Maybe it's time to give up on these 770s lol or 3rd times a charm.
ReDz
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Msi z97m Gaming 5 EvgA 980 FTW Sniper 2400 ddr3 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sniper 2400 ddr3 Crucial M500 240gb WD 1 TB  Corsair h100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windowz 7 Asus mx 279H CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Evga 750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 240 Razer Deathadder  Pecham Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
ReDz
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Msi z97m Gaming 5 EvgA 980 FTW Sniper 2400 ddr3 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sniper 2400 ddr3 Crucial M500 240gb WD 1 TB  Corsair h100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windowz 7 Asus mx 279H CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Evga 750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 240 Razer Deathadder  Pecham Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8815 of 9149
Making slight progress with my kids 770. I have the SC bios back on the card, running 1280 core clock, +270 on the memory (whatever that equates to) and have 1.268V set on the voltage slider. I think I am only seeing the voltage vary because of either poor monitoring, or poor vreg circuitry. Temps are ~60*C with 100% fan speed, running 80% fan speed nets about 65*C temps, still stable so far. Would like to just push to 1300Mhz and call it a day. My 4 year old cant wait much longer to play games on his new video card.
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Living Room PC
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K @ 4800 G1 Sniper 5 GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1300MHz 16GB DDR3 @ 2200 9-11-11-31 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB Hitatchi HDD 1TB Samsung 840 EVO samsung DVDRW DL Custom Water loop 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64 LG 27" 1080p EVGA 1000P Corsair 700D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K @ 5000 Z77X-UP7 GTX770 2x8GB DDR3 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Velociraptor 250GB 840Evo DVD Burner Coolermaster hyper 212+ 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 x64 OCZ GameXtreme 700W  Dimastech mini v1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770 Asus P8Z77-V Pro GTX580 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 9-9-9 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB hitachi 500GB 850EVO Blue Ray Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64` 42" Panasonic Plasma TX650 Tuniq Tower 3 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Living Room PC
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K @ 4800 G1 Sniper 5 GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1300MHz 16GB DDR3 @ 2200 9-11-11-31 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB Hitatchi HDD 1TB Samsung 840 EVO samsung DVDRW DL Custom Water loop 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64 LG 27" 1080p EVGA 1000P Corsair 700D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K @ 5000 Z77X-UP7 GTX770 2x8GB DDR3 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Velociraptor 250GB 840Evo DVD Burner Coolermaster hyper 212+ 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 x64 OCZ GameXtreme 700W  Dimastech mini v1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770 Asus P8Z77-V Pro GTX580 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 9-9-9 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB hitachi 500GB 850EVO Blue Ray Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64` 42" Panasonic Plasma TX650 Tuniq Tower 3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8816 of 9149
Hey guys, I just recieved my 970 so I'm wondering what to do with my 770 classified when it arrives from rma. Is it worth keeping it and using it as a physx card? Or sell it now while it's worth something? Just curious to know what you think and what you would do.
ReDz
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Msi z97m Gaming 5 EvgA 980 FTW Sniper 2400 ddr3 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sniper 2400 ddr3 Crucial M500 240gb WD 1 TB  Corsair h100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windowz 7 Asus mx 279H CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Evga 750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 240 Razer Deathadder  Pecham Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
ReDz
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Msi z97m Gaming 5 EvgA 980 FTW Sniper 2400 ddr3 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sniper 2400 ddr3 Crucial M500 240gb WD 1 TB  Corsair h100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windowz 7 Asus mx 279H CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Evga 750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 240 Razer Deathadder  Pecham Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8817 of 9149
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrayo18 View Post

Hey guys, I just recieved my 970 so I'm wondering what to do with my 770 classified when it arrives from rma. Is it worth keeping it and using it as a physx card? Or sell it now while it's worth something? Just curious to know what you think and what you would do.

well when I get my 970 back I will be selling my GTX 770

imo the 770 draws too much power/ makes too much noise to be used in my setup
post #8818 of 9149
Makes sense guess I'll just sell it and see if I can get a refurb 970 to sli
ReDz
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Msi z97m Gaming 5 EvgA 980 FTW Sniper 2400 ddr3 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sniper 2400 ddr3 Crucial M500 240gb WD 1 TB  Corsair h100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windowz 7 Asus mx 279H CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Evga 750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 240 Razer Deathadder  Pecham Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
ReDz
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Msi z97m Gaming 5 EvgA 980 FTW Sniper 2400 ddr3 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sniper 2400 ddr3 Crucial M500 240gb WD 1 TB  Corsair h100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windowz 7 Asus mx 279H CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Evga 750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 240 Razer Deathadder  Pecham Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8819 of 9149
Quote:
Originally Posted by microchidism View Post

well when I get my 970 back I will be selling my GTX 770

imo the 770 draws too much power/ makes too much noise to be used in my setup

FYI according to wikipedia a stock GTX 770 is spec'd for just 230 watts, and a stock GTX 970 is only 145 watts.

So yes the 770's are more, but not significantly so, only +85 watts over a 970. That and you only get +281 Gflops performance increase going to the 970.

And.. the 970 only has 3.5 GB of ram for games, the 770's get up to 4GB.

It's almost not even worth the upgrade at all, I doubt you'll see much performance difference.. especially if you had a classified or overclocked series 770 that made up that extra 281 Gflops already.
post #8820 of 9149
Quote:
Originally Posted by kithylin View Post

FYI according to wikipedia a stock GTX 770 is spec'd for just 230 watts, and a stock GTX 970 is only 145 watts.

So yes the 770's are more, but not significantly so, only +85 watts over a 970. That and you only get +281 Gflops performance increase going to the 970.

And.. the 970 only has 3.5 GB of ram for games, the 770's get up to 4GB.

It's almost not even worth the upgrade at all, I doubt you'll see much performance difference.. especially if you had a classified or overclocked series 770 that made up that extra 281 Gflops already.

The original guy was referring to whether he should use his 770 as a dedicated physx card and I was just letting him know what I will be doing when I get my 970 back.

As far as performance, it is to each his own, my 970 allowed me to finish my Witcher 3 experience the way I wanted and to me that was worth it. At the moment the game is unplayable on my 770 using the same settings I had on my GTX 970.

The 970 is also pretty good at overclocking..... in my case way better than my own 770.

I was running at 1500/8000 which gave me a higher 3dmark score than some GTX 980s (I got 13200 graphic score) vs my GTX 770 which gave me ~8600 Graphics Score.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [OFFICIAL] GTX 770 Owners Club