Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Wireless Mechanical Mac Keyboard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wireless Mechanical Mac Keyboard - Page 2

post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeeeeyj View Post

I've been looking into getting a mechanical keyboard recently, I've read my way through a ship load of reviews and guides but i'm a bit stuck.

I really like the look of the Das Keyboard Model S For Mac however it's not wireless frown.gif From what I understand a wireless mechanical kb shouldn't perform any less than a wired one due to the 1ms ping rates we can achieve on wireless peripherals. I'm still unable to find any wire free ones with more than a couple of good reviews.

Could anyone recommend a good wireless mechanical kb for Mac?

Thanks!

If wireless wasnt a deal breaker, I would totally recommend the Mac Das keyboard. I have the Ultimate S, and absolutely love it.
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestiaHumana View Post

If wireless wasnt a deal breaker, I would totally recommend the Mac Das keyboard. I have the Ultimate S, and absolutely love it.

I really like the look of it, it seem like the best one out there. I was hoping to hold out for something nicer looking but I start Uni in a couple of weeks so I might just have to go for it!
iMac
(12 items)
 
Home Server
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3.4GHz i7 Turbo Boost 3.9GHz Apple Motherboard GeForce GTX 680MX Apple 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Fusion Drive Apple USB Super Drive OS X Mountain Lion Integrated Apple 27" (2560 x 1440) 
KeyboardMouseMouse PadAudio
Apple Wireless Keyboard Magic Mouse Apple Apple Track Pad Apple Built in  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Xeon E3-1220 V2 Gigabyte GA-P41T-D3P 4GB 240-pin DDR3  Intel 60GB 330 Series SSD  
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Toshiba e DT01ACA100 Windows Server 2008 R2 Corsair TX550M 550W Modular PSU X-Case RM 400/10 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
iMac
(12 items)
 
Home Server
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3.4GHz i7 Turbo Boost 3.9GHz Apple Motherboard GeForce GTX 680MX Apple 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Fusion Drive Apple USB Super Drive OS X Mountain Lion Integrated Apple 27" (2560 x 1440) 
KeyboardMouseMouse PadAudio
Apple Wireless Keyboard Magic Mouse Apple Apple Track Pad Apple Built in  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Xeon E3-1220 V2 Gigabyte GA-P41T-D3P 4GB 240-pin DDR3  Intel 60GB 330 Series SSD  
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Toshiba e DT01ACA100 Windows Server 2008 R2 Corsair TX550M 550W Modular PSU X-Case RM 400/10 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 17
If it where me..

Seriously though, it seems that you only have two real options (Laptop pro and KBtalKing), both of which you are not particularly fond of.
Remove the 'wireless' filter, and you'll have a range of keyboards to choose from. At that point, the market is so broad, it's really just up to personal choice (looks, brand).

The real killer for choice is the wireless option. It seems that not many people have desired to have a wireless mechanical keyboard, simply because people using mechanical keyboards tend to use desks, and don't mind connecting a cable. Unless you want to go with either of the two listed previously, I would remove the wireless functionality and choose between the thousands of Mac Mechanical keyboards available ion the market today.

My fav brands:

WASD, CODE, Poker, Das, Cooler Master, Logitech and maybe (if you really, really like the aesthetics, and have the money to spend) Razer.

Good luck and hop I helped thumb.gif
Edited by PolyMorphist - 9/5/13 at 11:45am
post #14 of 17
most mechs are wired because with wireless they would loose n-key rollover, as well as having to deal with the hassle of batteries, connectors, etc.
( not to mention the added cost ) I don't know why you would want a wireless one really.
post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyMorphist View Post

If it where me..

Seriously though, it seems that you only have two real options (Laptop pro and KBtalKing), both of which you are not particularly fond of.
Remove the 'wireless' filter, and you'll have a range of keyboards to choose from. At that point, the market is so broad, it's really just up to personal choice (looks, brand).

The real killer for choice is the wireless option. It seems that not many people have desired to have a wireless mechanical keyboard, simply because people using mechanical keyboards tend to use desks, and don't mind connecting a cable. Unless you want to go with either of the two listed previously, I would remove the wireless functionality and choose between the thousands of Mac Mechanical keyboards available ion the market today.

My fav brands:

WASD, CODE, Poker, Das, Cooler Master, Logitech and maybe (if you really, really like the aesthetics, and have the money to spend) Razer.

Good luck and hop I helped thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixr View Post

most mechs are wired because with wireless they would loose n-key rollover, as well as having to deal with the hassle of batteries, connectors, etc.
( not to mention the added cost ) I don't know why you would want a wireless one really.


I said a couple of posts ago that I wasn't bothered about wireless anymore it's more about the look so that it fits in with my iMac
iMac
(12 items)
 
Home Server
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3.4GHz i7 Turbo Boost 3.9GHz Apple Motherboard GeForce GTX 680MX Apple 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Fusion Drive Apple USB Super Drive OS X Mountain Lion Integrated Apple 27" (2560 x 1440) 
KeyboardMouseMouse PadAudio
Apple Wireless Keyboard Magic Mouse Apple Apple Track Pad Apple Built in  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Xeon E3-1220 V2 Gigabyte GA-P41T-D3P 4GB 240-pin DDR3  Intel 60GB 330 Series SSD  
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Toshiba e DT01ACA100 Windows Server 2008 R2 Corsair TX550M 550W Modular PSU X-Case RM 400/10 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
iMac
(12 items)
 
Home Server
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3.4GHz i7 Turbo Boost 3.9GHz Apple Motherboard GeForce GTX 680MX Apple 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Fusion Drive Apple USB Super Drive OS X Mountain Lion Integrated Apple 27" (2560 x 1440) 
KeyboardMouseMouse PadAudio
Apple Wireless Keyboard Magic Mouse Apple Apple Track Pad Apple Built in  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Xeon E3-1220 V2 Gigabyte GA-P41T-D3P 4GB 240-pin DDR3  Intel 60GB 330 Series SSD  
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Toshiba e DT01ACA100 Windows Server 2008 R2 Corsair TX550M 550W Modular PSU X-Case RM 400/10 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 17
So, if you are wanting minimal, clean look, no extra unessisary features, I would recomend a quickfire rapid, throw some white keycaps on there, and bam!

( you can get full aluminum cases, but they are not cheap at all )

or go pro level and paint the case in a light gray high gloss paint with white keycaps from WASD and get them custom legened to copy the mac legends. replace the stock USB cable with a white one, and ta-da! mechanical mac keyboard!
Edited by Jixr - 9/5/13 at 1:49pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeeeeyj View Post


I said a couple of posts ago that I wasn't bothered about wireless anymore it's more about the look so that it fits in with my iMac
Ok, so, like my post said a couple times, you now have a wider choice of keyboards. It's now up to you to choose a keyboard, depending on your aesthetic taste and cost limit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Wireless Mechanical Mac Keyboard