Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Broken Gtx 560
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Broken Gtx 560

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
So here is the thing:

2 days ago my trusty Gtx 560ti from evga broke, 2 months after the warranty period. I settled on a new card, and it will be the xfx 7850 2gb.

The broken card has most memory modules dead, so it's artefacting all over the screen. It does boot up tho.

The question is, will I be able to use the broken card as a dedicated phisix card, or is it good for the bin?
post #2 of 4
Reduce the clock speed from default on the GTX560 by 75MHz and check for the artifacts.
Or, increase the voltage by +0.05 (i.e. default is 1.0v, then increase it to 1.05v) & check for artifacts.

Here's how to use an Nvidia PhysX card with and AMD card as primary:

- Run pre-Hybridiz as Administrator. Restart.

- Install Nvidia card & then any Nvidia driver you like (including PhysX driver). Restart.

- Run Hybridiz as Administrator.


I can attach the files if you're too lazy to google them tongue.gif
TheSadFlute
(16 items)
 
DyingHeart
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K TUF Sabertooth MSI 1080 Ti 16GB 2400MHz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair 480GB LE 3TB WD Green Sammy 500GB 850 EVO H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro  BenQ XR3501 Logitech G710+ EVGA G2 750W 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Cooler Master Stryker Logitech G602 Asus Strix Nakamichi 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965BE  Sapphire 790X Zotac GTX650  4GB Corsair 1066 DDR2 (1GBx4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
G.Skill Phoenix Pro 120GB WD 2TB Green Stock 3x120mm UQ fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
W7 Pro SP1 x64 LG 21' 1680x1050 Genius  Corsair CX600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Gigabyte  E-Blue Mazer XFX WarPad On-board 
Audio
Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
TheSadFlute
(16 items)
 
DyingHeart
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K TUF Sabertooth MSI 1080 Ti 16GB 2400MHz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair 480GB LE 3TB WD Green Sammy 500GB 850 EVO H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro  BenQ XR3501 Logitech G710+ EVGA G2 750W 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Cooler Master Stryker Logitech G602 Asus Strix Nakamichi 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965BE  Sapphire 790X Zotac GTX650  4GB Corsair 1066 DDR2 (1GBx4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
G.Skill Phoenix Pro 120GB WD 2TB Green Stock 3x120mm UQ fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
W7 Pro SP1 x64 LG 21' 1680x1050 Genius  Corsair CX600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Gigabyte  E-Blue Mazer XFX WarPad On-board 
Audio
Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 
I know for sure the card is broken. It was never overclocked. I got a cd to boot from and it had a video memory tester: tested and got an aprox 30% success rate on the chips. The rest of 70% is dead.

The question is can it run phisix in it's current state?
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by deienache View Post

I know for sure the card is broken. It was never overclocked. I got a cd to boot from and it had a video memory tester: tested and got an aprox 30% success rate on the chips. The rest of 70% is dead.

The question is can it run phisix in it's current state?


It depends on how broken the card is. Only way to find out is to plug it in & test it.

If the memory is causing the errors, try reducing the memory speed by 150MHz & check for artifacts.

But IMHO, I think it will function for just PhysX since it won't stress the 560 that much. The memory errors could be normal degradation where speed reduction might cure it (or a slight voltage bump).
TheSadFlute
(16 items)
 
DyingHeart
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K TUF Sabertooth MSI 1080 Ti 16GB 2400MHz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair 480GB LE 3TB WD Green Sammy 500GB 850 EVO H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro  BenQ XR3501 Logitech G710+ EVGA G2 750W 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Cooler Master Stryker Logitech G602 Asus Strix Nakamichi 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965BE  Sapphire 790X Zotac GTX650  4GB Corsair 1066 DDR2 (1GBx4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
G.Skill Phoenix Pro 120GB WD 2TB Green Stock 3x120mm UQ fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
W7 Pro SP1 x64 LG 21' 1680x1050 Genius  Corsair CX600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Gigabyte  E-Blue Mazer XFX WarPad On-board 
Audio
Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
TheSadFlute
(16 items)
 
DyingHeart
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K TUF Sabertooth MSI 1080 Ti 16GB 2400MHz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair 480GB LE 3TB WD Green Sammy 500GB 850 EVO H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro  BenQ XR3501 Logitech G710+ EVGA G2 750W 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Cooler Master Stryker Logitech G602 Asus Strix Nakamichi 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965BE  Sapphire 790X Zotac GTX650  4GB Corsair 1066 DDR2 (1GBx4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
G.Skill Phoenix Pro 120GB WD 2TB Green Stock 3x120mm UQ fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
W7 Pro SP1 x64 LG 21' 1680x1050 Genius  Corsair CX600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Gigabyte  E-Blue Mazer XFX WarPad On-board 
Audio
Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Broken Gtx 560