OK, some work was done on those screws that have been a right pain in my third point of contact.
When I tried to remove them, the amount of locktite that they used was excessive to say the least - and the screw material wasn't exactly the hardest either. So, it didn't take much to strip the allen head out.
Usually when that happens, you have a number of options. One, you can use a cutting wheel and cut a slot into it, and use a flat blade screwdriver to get more leverage. That was right out for two reasons, the biggest being the head of the screw is countersunk.
The second is you can use an easyout and drill a hole in the centre of the screw, and then slip in the easyout and crank it. Again, right out for two reasons: One, the screw was way to small to drill a hole in it, and the second, which the first option shared as a no-go, was drilling makes a lot of tiny shavings, and I don't know about you, but I don't want to risk a $1000 GPU on the hope that I cleaned up every last scrap. I'm crazy yes, but not that crazy!
So, into my bag of bottomless tools, because, lets face it. There is a tool for *everything*. And sure enough, I found one for this.
This is a two part bit. The backside has a drill head, and like an easy out, you drill a small hole in the top of the bolt, and then sink the front side into it - note the spiral pattern on it - and crank it, and it grooves will bite into the material and off you go. These are not your typical easyout however: This particular one is designed for 5mm bolts, and the one I used here:
Is sized at 3mm, and here, is placed in a tap handle. In this case I used *just* the spiral end, ignoring the drilling a hole bit, since, well, there already was one for the allen key.
Worked a treat, and now I am back on track. Updates later tonight or tomorrow, and we are finally hitting the meat of the true custom portion of my build!