Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Metro]Chris Lewis confirms Xbox One Live Gold fee for online gaming plus ‘we will support second-hand games’.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Metro]Chris Lewis confirms Xbox One Live Gold fee for online gaming plus ‘we will support second-hand games’. - Page 13

post #121 of 220
My main beef with paying for Xbox Live Gold is just that my dashboard is cramped with ads. I find myself trying to avoid the xbox dashboard at all costs, because I do not wish to see the ads.

I shouldn't pay for something, and still see ads. Silvers should be allowed to play online, but be bombarded with ads. Golds should not see even a single advertisement.
My Rig
(12 items)
 
Wife's Rig
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8 1.3v Asrock X370 Taichi EVGA GTX1080Ti SC Black 16GB G.Skill DDR4-3200 CL 14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
480GB PNY SSD 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7,200RPM 240GB Kingston SSD 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Cryorig H7 Windows 10 Home 64-bit Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold Phanteks Eclipse P400 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(12 items)
 
Wife's Rig
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8 1.3v Asrock X370 Taichi EVGA GTX1080Ti SC Black 16GB G.Skill DDR4-3200 CL 14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
480GB PNY SSD 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7,200RPM 240GB Kingston SSD 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Cryorig H7 Windows 10 Home 64-bit Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold Phanteks Eclipse P400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #122 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossewacker View Post

More like it improved on every aspect, a lot.

Waiting for the games still, but that's to be seen still.

You define the need to have Kinect microphone and camera plugged in for the console to work an improvement?

Are you insane.
post #123 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post

You define the need to have Kinect microphone and camera plugged in for the console to work an improvement?

Are you insane.

why not use it? Microsoft is creating a new standard that ALL developers can take advantage of it they want. What's wrong with kinect if it's improved? Don't like it? Don't use it..does it make it bad though? No. And yes, it'll have to be plugged in to function, oh my god what a phenomenon!!

Kinect is your only beef? Wow....
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #124 of 220
Not going to pay to play multiplayer and view Netflix on my console...after I already dropped $ on the game, and a netflix subscription; and I'm paying an ISP for internet service.
Sandy Rigster
(16 items)
 
Little Big Rig
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.4 P8P67 LE Radeon R9 290 8gb 1600mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black Crucial M4  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Asus 24" VS248H-P 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
19" Hanspree 19" Hanspree Logitech G510 Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 700-Watt 
Mouse
Logitech G700 / Razer Death Adder 2013 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Ati Radeon HD 4770 OCZ Gold DDR2 800 Windows Vista Ultimate x64 
Monitor
Philips 42" LCD TV 2ms 120hz 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandy Rigster
(16 items)
 
Little Big Rig
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.4 P8P67 LE Radeon R9 290 8gb 1600mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black Crucial M4  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Asus 24" VS248H-P 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
19" Hanspree 19" Hanspree Logitech G510 Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 700-Watt 
Mouse
Logitech G700 / Razer Death Adder 2013 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Ati Radeon HD 4770 OCZ Gold DDR2 800 Windows Vista Ultimate x64 
Monitor
Philips 42" LCD TV 2ms 120hz 
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzillaXx View Post

Fanboy?
I have a 360/PS3/3DS and rarely play any of them.
I don't pay for XBL anymore, as I haven't touched my consoles in ages other then to play gears 3 and halo 4. Last Game I played on my PS3 was uncharted 3.
I can't stand playing on current gen consoles because of the poor image quality.
But then again, I'M NOT THE NORMAL GAMER.

If anyone is the fanboy it is you, do a little research before posting false claims. Also I can't stand COD, BF fan myself (still have my BF 2 discs).

Xbox One will let you watch TV on you console, the PS4 will not
Xbox One will have its games install to the hard drive and you no longer need to use the disc after that, PS4 don't seem to be that convenient.
Xbox One and PS4 will both accept used games
Xbox One will have dedicated servers for all games, PS4 will not
Xbox One has a feature packed OS, the PS4 does not
Xbox One has a high tech camera system that you can interface with both body and voice, PS4 does not
List can go on.

PC's have been using non intrusive DRM for years, MS stated playing a game on the One will be no harder then the 360.

You lack any fact and when you get pushed all you do is spew some bull like a picture and call them a fanboy. It is you who are a misinformed fanboy, next time you claim PSN can do everything XBL can do you better have the facts to back it up.


And to Dyson Poindexter, MS is giving its Xbox One users more rights then Steam users get. So why don't you put your tinfoil hat back on so the government can't read your brain thoughts.

One day, considering all the upgrades that the 360 went through, you may be talking to your xbox like you would a person and it will talk back. And with the cloud it would be pretty easy once they get the software going. If that doesn't shout future tech then I don't know what does.
This post (and all your others) reeks of blind xbox fanboyism,so don't say you're not.
PS3 Super Slim
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
3.2 GHz Cell B.E. 1 PPE & 7 SPEs 550 MHz NVIDIA/SCEI RSX 'Reality Synthesizer' 256MB XDR DRAM @ 3.2GHz/256MB GDDR3 VRAM @ 650Mhz Kingston SSDNow V+100 96GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitor
Blu-ray/DVD/CD XrossMediaBar 4.31 LG 47CM565 
  hide details  
Reply
PS3 Super Slim
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
3.2 GHz Cell B.E. 1 PPE & 7 SPEs 550 MHz NVIDIA/SCEI RSX 'Reality Synthesizer' 256MB XDR DRAM @ 3.2GHz/256MB GDDR3 VRAM @ 650Mhz Kingston SSDNow V+100 96GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitor
Blu-ray/DVD/CD XrossMediaBar 4.31 LG 47CM565 
  hide details  
Reply
post #126 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossewacker View Post

why not use it? Microsoft is creating a new standard that ALL developers can take advantage of it they want. What's wrong with kinect if it's improved? Don't like it? Don't use it..does it make it bad though? No. And yes, it'll have to be plugged in to function, oh my god what a phenomenon!!

Kinect is your only beef? Wow....

You cant see the woods for the trees...

There are numerous things wrong with the Xbox One, but yes the fact that Microsoft needs to see and hear what im doing whilst playing Xbox is probably most irritating, at least until I see them show off some games on it, which is not likely to amaze judging by the games (Cod Ghost) we have seen so far. The fact they claim the kinect always on isnt for advertising is naive.

Can you believe they have managed to keep Cod Ghost at 60 fps on the Xbox One? Staggering.
Edited by $ilent - 6/3/13 at 12:04pm
post #127 of 220
ITT: People masturbating their egos.

Wait, that's just about every Video Game News post in the past 4 months?
WIP
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 EVGA GTX 460 2win G. Skill Sniper Low Voltage 8GB 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200rpm Asus Combo Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Asus VW246H 
PowerCase
Seasonic X-750 Corsair 600t White 
  hide details  
Reply
WIP
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 EVGA GTX 460 2win G. Skill Sniper Low Voltage 8GB 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200rpm Asus Combo Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Asus VW246H 
PowerCase
Seasonic X-750 Corsair 600t White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #128 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post

You cant see the woods for the trees...

There are numerous things wrong with the Xbox One, but yes the fact that Microsoft needs to see and hear what im doing whilst playing Xbox is probably most irritating, at least until I see them show off some games on it, which is not likely to amaze judging by the games (Cod Ghost) we have seen so far. The fact they claim the kinect always on isnt for advertising is naive.

Can you believe they have managed to keep Cod Ghost at 60 fps on the Xbox One? Staggering.

What is the FPS for PS4? The game is multi-platform which means it is going to be crap on both consoles because it can't utilize all of each console or they would have to make the game twice.
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-960 Bloodfield 3.2GHz MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel ATX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Home Premium Logitech G510 Antec 700W 
Case
Antec 902 V3 ATX Mid Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-960 Bloodfield 3.2GHz MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel ATX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Home Premium Logitech G510 Antec 700W 
Case
Antec 902 V3 ATX Mid Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #129 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post

You cant see the woods for the trees...

There are numerous things wrong with the Xbox One, but yes the fact that Microsoft needs to see and hear what im doing whilst playing Xbox is probably most irritating, at least until I see them show off some games on it, which is not likely to amaze judging by the games (Cod Ghost) we have seen so far. The fact they claim the kinect always on isnt for advertising is naive.

Can you believe they have managed to keep Cod Ghost at 60 fps on the Xbox One? Staggering.

The kinect isn't a 24/7 device.

Why should they listen to you? Why should the want to see you? What's to advertise? If they already know what key words to listen to, why not just advertise those keywords since it's already such common sense?

And ya, they showed COD. Lame as crap. But again, that OBVIOUSLY wasn't the star of the show for them. E3 is right around the corner. What they showed pretty much expanded on every aspect of what's available on the 360 to the 10th degree. What did we see from PS4's reveal, another Killzone, how innovative and exciting rolleyes.gif
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #130 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEJGDE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DzillaXx View Post

Fanboy?
I have a 360/PS3/3DS and rarely play any of them.
I don't pay for XBL anymore, as I haven't touched my consoles in ages other then to play gears 3 and halo 4. Last Game I played on my PS3 was uncharted 3.
I can't stand playing on current gen consoles because of the poor image quality.
But then again, I'M NOT THE NORMAL GAMER.

If anyone is the fanboy it is you, do a little research before posting false claims. Also I can't stand COD, BF fan myself (still have my BF 2 discs).

Xbox One will let you watch TV on you console, the PS4 will not
Xbox One will have its games install to the hard drive and you no longer need to use the disc after that, PS4 don't seem to be that convenient.
Xbox One and PS4 will both accept used games
Xbox One will have dedicated servers for all games, PS4 will not
Xbox One has a feature packed OS, the PS4 does not
Xbox One has a high tech camera system that you can interface with both body and voice, PS4 does not
List can go on.

PC's have been using non intrusive DRM for years, MS stated playing a game on the One will be no harder then the 360.

You lack any fact and when you get pushed all you do is spew some bull like a picture and call them a fanboy. It is you who are a misinformed fanboy, next time you claim PSN can do everything XBL can do you better have the facts to back it up.


And to Dyson Poindexter, MS is giving its Xbox One users more rights then Steam users get. So why don't you put your tinfoil hat back on so the government can't read your brain thoughts.

One day, considering all the upgrades that the 360 went through, you may be talking to your xbox like you would a person and it will talk back. And with the cloud it would be pretty easy once they get the software going. If that doesn't shout future tech then I don't know what does.
This post (and all your others) reeks of blind xbox fanboyism,so don't say you're not.
Right, so instead of posting a detailed post about how he's a fanboy, we just have to take your word for it?

At least he backs up his points.

Ugh.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Metro]Chris Lewis confirms Xbox One Live Gold fee for online gaming plus ‘we will support second-hand games’.