Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Metro]Chris Lewis confirms Xbox One Live Gold fee for online gaming plus ‘we will support second-hand games’.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Metro]Chris Lewis confirms Xbox One Live Gold fee for online gaming plus ‘we will support second-hand games’. - Page 19

post #181 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix777z View Post

Why do a reveal of a 'games' console if you're not going to show 'games' until E3? Should of just waited for E3 ! All that Xbox reveal did is damage the Xbox One...

At least we got a heads up about all the terrible extra DRM / used games / always online etc and extra fees and Kinect always watching etc, so people can make an educated choice on what to buy. I'm thankful for Microsoft in doing that so I can stay well clear of the Xbox One thumb.gif

Every normal gamer wants a decent games machine not a glorified VHS media player trying to give you TV on your TV..

That launch was the biggest media event flop of all time.

Leave your emotions out of it for a sec and use some logic.

Why do a reveal of a games console and focus on the console itself more than games? There are many obvious, but the one that seems most obvious is the one people find hardest to grasp.

The event was not a games conference. It was not supposed to replace what usually happens at E3.

It was a private event hosted by MS, so they could show off their console and all the new stuff they've added to it in terms of functionality.

People DON'T LIKE when MS talk about Kinect or other non gaming stuff too much at E3. We've already seen it in previous years and they know it too.

E3 conferences are time limited events that are at the mercy of E3 organisers and the press.

By holding a private event, they could dictate what it would be about and instead of being E3. 2.0 where dev after dev comes up to talk about their games, they made it about the console.

People DON'T LIKE when games are announced, then announced again two weeks later.


If they went all in with the games at the reveal, they'd have to either re-announce titles at E3 or spend time talking about non game related features of the xbo, which would have caused much, much more whining.


Furthermore, the reveal did not damage the xbo. From the time of reveal, the ONLY THING people can talk about is XBO. Wii U? Hardly any news? PS4? Hardly any news.

XBO is all over the headlines and there is no such thing as bad press. Especially when that press is bathed in mostly unconfirmed wish wash. What matters is market visibility.

Consumers these days have a retarded short memory.

You can pinch their nerves a little today to get them talking ENDLESSLY about you, then tomorrow the sell them a cheap game or something and all of a sudden you're Robin Hood and the saviour of the world. It happens all the time.

Long story short:

- If they tried to talk too much about the new non gaming related stuff they added to the console at E3, they would have been crucified.

-Now EVERYBODY is non stop talking about all the non gaming stuff they added without any further advertisement costs from them.

-Meanwhile, those same people WILL BE tuning in to E3 to see what they have to show. Whether they're tuning in just to be negative and hate, or because they are truly interested in the games, they've created much more buzz about E3 than Sony have.

Even the people hating will still want to know what the games are going to be like, because that's what actually matters at the end of the day.

As totalbiscuit says, all this crying about DRM and lahdy dah will mean absolutely ZERO if at E3, if next month, if this Christmas, if next year MS release some killer games for the console.


The irony in all of it, is that whilst people will protest that MS did not show enough games during the reveal because games are what matter, they seem to totally contradict themselves by somehow assuming that the reveal or anything else other than games is going to have the biggest effect on the consoles sales. When in their own words, its the games that matter.

If games are what matter and MS have not yet shown their hand regarding games, then you must concede that all the assumptions being made regarding how well the console will do are baseless, given the fact that we don't yet know enough about what matters. The games.

If the games end up being better on xbo, who is going to care that they used the word "tv" too many times in the reveal? Not a single soul on earth except for fanboys.

Unless you're then going to turn around and say that games aren't actually what matters, in which case what the hell was your point again?


The internet is so annoying sometimes.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 6/4/13 at 6:27am
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #182 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

Leave your emotions out of it for a sec and use some logic.

Why do a reveal of a games console and focus on the console itself more than games? There are many obvious, but the one that seems most obvious is the one people find hardest to grasp.

The event was not a games conference. It was not supposed to replace what usually happens at E3.

It was a private event hosted by MS, so they could show off their console and all the new stuff they've added to it in terms of functionality.

People DON'T LIKE when MS talk about Kinect or other non gaming stuff too much at E3. We've already seen it in previous years and they know it too.

E3 conferences are time limited events that are at the mercy of E3 organisers and the press.

By holding a private event, they could dictate what it would be about and instead of being E3. 2.0 where dev after dev comes up to talk about their games, they made it about the console.

People DON'T LIKE when games are announced, then announced again two weeks later.


If they went all in with the games at the reveal, they'd have to either re-announce titles at E3 or spend time talking about non game related features of the xbo, which would have caused much, much more whining.


Furthermore, the reveal did not damage the xbo. From the time of reveal, the ONLY THING people can talk about is XBO. Wii U? Hardly any news? PS4? Hardly any news.

XBO is all over the headlines and there is no such thing as bad press. Especially when that press is bathed in mostly unconfirmed wish wash. What matters is market visibility.

Consumers these days have a retarded short memory.

You can pinch their nerves a little today to get them talking ENDLESSLY about you, then tomorrow the sell them a cheap game or something and all of a sudden you're Robin Hood and the saviour of the world. It happens all the time.

Long story short:

- If they tried to talk too much about the new non gaming related stuff they added to the console at E3, they would have been crucified.

-Now EVERYBODY is non stop talking about all the non gaming stuff they added without any further advertisement costs from them.

-Meanwhile, those same people WILL BE tuning in to E3 to see what they have to show. Whether they're tuning in just to be negative and hate, or because they are truly interested in the games, they've created much more buzz about E3 than Sony have.

Even the people hating will still want to know what the games are going to be like, because that's what actually matters at the end of the day.

As totalbiscuit says, all this crying about DRM and lahdy dah will mean absolutely ZERO if at E3, if next month, if this Christmas, if next year MS release some killer games for the console.


The irony in all of it, is that whilst people will protest that MS did not show enough games during the reveal because games are what matter, they seem to totally contradict themselves by somehow assuming that the reveal or anything else other than games is going to have the biggest effect on the consoles sales. When in their own words, its the games that matter.

If games are what matter and MS have not yet shown their hand regarding games, then you must concede that all the assumptions being made regarding how well the console will do are baseless, given the fact that we don't yet know enough about what matters. The games.

If the games end up being better on xbo, who is going to care that they used the word "tv" too many times in the reveal? Not a single soul on earth except for fanboys.

Unless you're then going to turn around and say that games aren't actually what matters, in which case what the hell was your again?


The internet is so annoying sometimes.
BOOM HEADSHOT! Every hater has just been literally told. Thread by thread i'm seeing this, in a forum where most users are over the age of 20 and should be mature you all do quite a lot of whining.
post #183 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

Leave your emotions out of it for a sec and use some logic.

what about new policies that screw over gamers?
Quote:
extra DRM / used games / always online etc and extra fees and Kinect always watching etc,

we should embrace them too. critiquing and complaining is clearly immature, not a hallmark of living in a democracy or free market where consumers are supposed to drive the direction of the market. additionally it has never worked before with ms (windows 8 start menu :0).
Edited by perfectblade - 6/4/13 at 5:53am
post #184 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

Leave your emotions out of it for a sec and use some logic.

Why do a reveal of a games console and focus on the console itself more than games? There are many obvious, but the one that seems most obvious is the one people find hardest to grasp.

The event was not a games conference. It was not supposed to replace what usually happens at E3.

It was a private event hosted by MS, so they could show off their console and all the new stuff they've added to it in terms of functionality.

People DON'T LIKE when MS talk about Kinect or other non gaming stuff too much at E3. We've already seen it in previous years and they know it too.

E3 conferences are time limited events that are at the mercy of E3 organisers and the press.

By holding a private event, they could dictate what it would be about and instead of being E3. 2.0 where dev after dev comes up to talk about their games, they made it about the console.

People DON'T LIKE when games are announced, then announced again two weeks later.


If they went all in with the games at the reveal, they'd have to either re-announce titles at E3 or spend time talking about non game related features of the xbo, which would have caused much, much more whining.


Furthermore, the reveal did not damage the xbo. From the time of reveal, the ONLY THING people can talk about is XBO. Wii U? Hardly any news? PS4? Hardly any news.

XBO is all over the headlines and there is no such thing as bad press. Especially when that press is bathed in mostly unconfirmed wish wash. What matters is market visibility.

Consumers these days have a retarded short memory.

You can pinch their nerves a little today to get them talking ENDLESSLY about you, then tomorrow the sell them a cheap game or something and all of a sudden you're Robin Hood and the saviour of the world. It happens all the time.

Long story short:

- If they tried to talk too much about the new non gaming related stuff they added to the console at E3, they would have been crucified.

-Now EVERYBODY is non stop talking about all the non gaming stuff they added without any further advertisement costs from them.

-Meanwhile, those same people WILL BE tuning in to E3 to see what they have to show. Whether they're tuning in just to be negative and hate, or because they are truly interested in the games, they've created much more buzz about E3 than Sony have.

Even the people hating will still want to know what the games are going to be like, because that's what actually matters at the end of the day.

As totalbiscuit says, all this crying about DRM and lahdy dah will mean absolutely ZERO if at E3, if next month, if this Christmas, if next year MS release some killer games for the console.


The irony in all of it, is that whilst people will protest that MS did not show enough games during the reveal because games are what matter, they seem to totally contradict themselves by somehow assuming that the reveal or anything else other than games is going to have the biggest effect on the consoles sales. When in their own words, its the games that matter.

If games are what matter and MS have not yet shown their hand regarding games, then you must concede that all the assumptions being made regarding how well the console will do are baseless, given the fact that we don't yet know enough about what matters. The games.

If the games end up being better on xbo, who is going to care that they used the word "tv" too many times in the reveal? Not a single soul on earth except for fanboys.

Unless you're then going to turn around and say that games aren't actually what matters, in which case what the hell was your again?


The internet is so annoying sometimes.

That whole wall of text completely misses the point.

People aren't upset about what wasn't shown at the reveal, they are upset about what was shown. A console that is filled with "features" that people really didn't ask for, and don't want. Along with a creepy as hell forced camera system.

Also, negative publicity =/= positive publicity. That saying "any publicity is good publicity" isn't true.
 
NZXT Source 210
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 XFX RX480 GTR Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP 
CoolingOSPowerCase
NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro EVGA Supernova 750 G3 NZXT S340 Glossy Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 XFX Radeon RX 480 Corsair Vengence LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital WD5003AZEX Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Pro LG GH24NS95 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 10 40" 1080p Vizio LED LCD HDTV Corsair CX600M 
Case
NZXT Source 210 Elite - Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.2GHz Dell N6381 Intel Extreme Graphics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 512MB DDR 400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital 160GB IDE Covered in a thick layer of dust Windows XP Home Edition 32bit Dell M0148 250w 
Case
Dell Dimension 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
 
NZXT Source 210
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 XFX RX480 GTR Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP 
CoolingOSPowerCase
NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro EVGA Supernova 750 G3 NZXT S340 Glossy Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 XFX Radeon RX 480 Corsair Vengence LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital WD5003AZEX Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Pro LG GH24NS95 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 10 40" 1080p Vizio LED LCD HDTV Corsair CX600M 
Case
NZXT Source 210 Elite - Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.2GHz Dell N6381 Intel Extreme Graphics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 512MB DDR 400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital 160GB IDE Covered in a thick layer of dust Windows XP Home Edition 32bit Dell M0148 250w 
Case
Dell Dimension 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #185 of 220
2 years ago, if I asked people's opinion about gamestop, they'd spell out "scum of this earth"

Stories about "omg they only gave me $5 bucks for my game then sold it to somebody else for $20 *cry *cry *cry"

Nowadays, you'd think GameStop was actually owned by some of the users here -___-
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #186 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossewacker View Post

2 years ago, if I asked people's opinion about gamestop, they'd spell out "scum of this earth"

Stories about "omg they only gave me $5 bucks for my game then sold it to somebody else for $20 *cry *cry *cry"

Nowadays, you'd think GameStop was actually owned by some of the users here -___-

Yes, because GameStop is the only way to buy/sell games. rolleyes.gif
 
NZXT Source 210
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 XFX RX480 GTR Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP 
CoolingOSPowerCase
NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro EVGA Supernova 750 G3 NZXT S340 Glossy Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 XFX Radeon RX 480 Corsair Vengence LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital WD5003AZEX Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Pro LG GH24NS95 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 10 40" 1080p Vizio LED LCD HDTV Corsair CX600M 
Case
NZXT Source 210 Elite - Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.2GHz Dell N6381 Intel Extreme Graphics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 512MB DDR 400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital 160GB IDE Covered in a thick layer of dust Windows XP Home Edition 32bit Dell M0148 250w 
Case
Dell Dimension 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
 
NZXT Source 210
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 XFX RX480 GTR Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP 
CoolingOSPowerCase
NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro EVGA Supernova 750 G3 NZXT S340 Glossy Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 XFX Radeon RX 480 Corsair Vengence LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital WD5003AZEX Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Pro LG GH24NS95 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 10 40" 1080p Vizio LED LCD HDTV Corsair CX600M 
Case
NZXT Source 210 Elite - Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.2GHz Dell N6381 Intel Extreme Graphics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 512MB DDR 400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital 160GB IDE Covered in a thick layer of dust Windows XP Home Edition 32bit Dell M0148 250w 
Case
Dell Dimension 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #187 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezman View Post

Yes, because GameStop is the only way to buy/sell games. rolleyes.gif

let's be honest, your options are fairly limited. Not everybody here is making a dime from selling on craigslist or ebay.....and I certainly hope you're not selling games to your friends...
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #188 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossewacker View Post

let's be honest, your options are fairly limited. Not everybody here is making a dime from selling on craigslist or ebay.....and I certainly hope you're not selling games to your friends...

no one sells or buys games on amazon or ebay, especially not used ones. that's not mainstream or normal at all.

not only does ms get to charge a fee, they most likely will set the price as well, since the sale is going through them. i'm sure that having fixed prices on used games will be great for consumer choice and is not a way of circumventing the free market at all when it comes to used games. not at all
post #189 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectblade View Post

no one sells or buys games on amazon or ebay, especially not used ones. that's not mainstream or normal at all.

not only does ms get to charge a fee, they most likely will set the price as well, since the sale is going through them. i'm sure that having fixed prices on used games will be great for consumer choice and is not a way of circumventing the free market at all when it comes to used games. not at all

what's the difference between buying a used game and (the other word) a game if both options don't contribute to the developers whatsoever?

Less revenue for the developers means less employees, possibly the loss of great ideas, and less risk taking. That's detrimental to ALL gamers, not just the used sales
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #190 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezman View Post

That whole wall of text completely misses the point.

People aren't upset about what wasn't shown at the reveal, they are upset about what was shown. A console that is filled with "features" that people really didn't ask for, and don't want. Along with a creepy as hell forced camera system.

Also, negative publicity =/= positive publicity. That saying "any publicity is good publicity" isn't true.

And you've missed my whole point, that point being ZERO of the things people are "unhappy" about will be a deciding factor of the consoles success or even 90% of the complainers chances to buy one. Yet people are "calling" the next gen battle already.

The reveal using the word TV too much.

The fact that the Xbox pings every 24 hours.

The fact that the yet to be properly explained used game system will be like it is on PC.

The tin foil hat theories of Kinect.

Nobody (significant enough to matter) will care in twelve months time.


Because, it is the games, the software, the content that shifts platforms, not the other way around. The phrase "killer app" doesn't exist for no reason.


If MS went all in with the gaming in the reveal and people were still unimpressed, then it would be easier to make predictions.

However, MS have not actually shown their hand yet regarding what actually matters to gamers, which means it is pointless to assume how successful it can be at this point in time.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 6/4/13 at 7:01am
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Metro]Chris Lewis confirms Xbox One Live Gold fee for online gaming plus ‘we will support second-hand games’.