Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [CNET] Windows 8 vies with Vista, but Windows 7 gains
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CNET] Windows 8 vies with Vista, but Windows 7 gains - Page 10

post #91 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4nderer View Post

Like my girlfriend, who bought a Surface. Also, you don't need to buy a new computer to get Windows 8.

Surface isn't "mainstream". Well, not as "mainstream" as Microsoft would like. The majority look at iPads as "the tablet".

The bottom line is, and there's zero arguments that can be made and hold water against this, it's PC's that aren't selling. If it was just Windows 8, XP numbers wouldn't be so high, and 7 numbers would be getting higher at a much faster rate.
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR Mclaren View Post

WTH with this W8 defenders ?? now if someone dont like that horrible OS is a hater, a fanatic, a "fear to change person"?....

jesus....

People who want the same interface in every iteration. Who have outright said "make it look like windows 7". What would you call it?

I've been called docile for liking Windows 8 and embracing the refreshing new interface (which has not slowed down my work, but made it more efficient). Since I've been called docile, I could say...
Quote:
WTH with this W8 haters?? now if someone likes that awesome OS is a docile, easily manipulated person who couldn't possibly know what they want?....

jesus....
See? Makes just as much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOfIce View Post

When you have to insult them, you know they have won.
He didn't insult him. Not in the least.
Edited by Paladin Goo - 6/2/13 at 9:52pm
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #93 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

Windows 8 is not a mess for productivity,

Actually it is, just not for you.

Having more then 3 windows open on windows 8 is a nightmare. Changing metro programs to desktop problems gives about 75% of my office a headache, a physical headache.

But I have to ask, why the change? Why do we have to deal with the "new" way at all? Why not just give the option to have menu system like windows 7?

Oh, because they needed users to sign into microsoft live accounts so they could get developers on to windows app store.

So the whole nightmare of an operating system was microsoft toss the user under the bus for money.

They created the start screen to force metro apps down peoples throats. They where hoping most people would not notice the sign in with local account option. If you do not do the local option, you count as an store user. They want to sign up user to attract app makers, they want app makers to make money of their store.

So bottom line, microsoft windows 8 is a productivity nightmare. Most people can not do basic CAD with, I have watch them, they finally scream out loud and load windows 7.

And microsoft is doing this to it own people for money.

That is what really makes people mad.

Out of the 300 people I have working for me, which I bought windows 8 computer for, not a single one of them are using them for work machines today. 300 people, not a single person considers windows 8 anything but complete garbage. And you are talking to people that write AI software for a living and design user interfaces.
The Guppy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x Ga-x58a-ud3r rev.2 460 gtx Sli 16gb 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Samsung f3 Corsair TX950W Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
The Guppy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x Ga-x58a-ud3r rev.2 460 gtx Sli 16gb 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Samsung f3 Corsair TX950W Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #94 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOfIce View Post

Actually it is, just not for you.

AND you nullified your entire argument right there. Actually, you stated something as fact then debunked the factual context in the next 4 words after it. An oxymoron. It's ALL preference. Some people are resistant to change, and that's OKAY.
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #95 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post


He didn't insult him. Not in the least.

You know, calling someone a single finger typier then saying they are not power users, is kind of an insult. Given the option to refute the point or distract by attacking the person intelligence and physical attributes shows a weak argument.
The Guppy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x Ga-x58a-ud3r rev.2 460 gtx Sli 16gb 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Samsung f3 Corsair TX950W Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
The Guppy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x Ga-x58a-ud3r rev.2 460 gtx Sli 16gb 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Samsung f3 Corsair TX950W Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 329
But what if you actually enjoy the synergy that using your MS account allows? For instance, I just bought a Win8 Ultrabook last month and when I first signed in with my MS account the brand new laptop had my desktop background and many of my settings already configured. Complaining about that is like complaining about your Google account configuring Chrome for you on any desktop/laptop. What's not to like about that?
post #97 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post

AND you nullified your entire argument right there. Actually, you stated something as fact then debunked the factual context in the next 4 words after it. An oxymoron. It's ALL preference. Some people are resistant to change, and that's OKAY.

So your argument is, it does not suck, people just don't like change? Because that is really the problem with the current system?

I guess in your world the original iPhone struggled and never took off? Are you really listening and placing into context what you are saying? When you have a good and easy to use design people will embrace, the new kde proves that.

When you have a horrible design you are pushing to make money, people will get angry. I create UI for a living, trust me, I am not scared of change. Just hate useless.
The Guppy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x Ga-x58a-ud3r rev.2 460 gtx Sli 16gb 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Samsung f3 Corsair TX950W Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
The Guppy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x Ga-x58a-ud3r rev.2 460 gtx Sli 16gb 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Samsung f3 Corsair TX950W Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #98 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

But what if you actually enjoy the synergy that using your MS account allows? For instance, I just bought a Win8 Ultrabook last month and when I first signed in with my MS account the brand new laptop had my desktop background and many of my settings already configured. Complaining about that is like complaining about your Google account configuring Chrome for you on any desktop/laptop. What's not to like about that?

Obviously, that is a horrible feature and nobody likes it.
Cool'n'Quiet
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3770T Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H GeForce GT 640 (fanless) Mushkin 2x 8GB DDR3 1600 CL8 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD Noctua NH-U9B SE2 Linux Mint Debian Edition 201303 64-bit SeaSonic 400W 80+Platinum (fanless) 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 550D 
  hide details  
Reply
Cool'n'Quiet
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3770T Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H GeForce GT 640 (fanless) Mushkin 2x 8GB DDR3 1600 CL8 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD Noctua NH-U9B SE2 Linux Mint Debian Edition 201303 64-bit SeaSonic 400W 80+Platinum (fanless) 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 550D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #99 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4nderer View Post

Obviously, that is a horrible feature and nobody likes it.

I hate it on chrome, I hate it on android, I hate it on windows 8. One of the reason I am going to move on to ubuntu or tizen when the are out for a mobile phone.

When you have one account that shares all your information with all your systems, you are begging, on your hands and knees, for your privacy to be stripped away.
The Guppy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x Ga-x58a-ud3r rev.2 460 gtx Sli 16gb 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Samsung f3 Corsair TX950W Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
The Guppy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x Ga-x58a-ud3r rev.2 460 gtx Sli 16gb 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Samsung f3 Corsair TX950W Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #100 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOfIce View Post

I hate it on chrome, I hate it on android, I hate it on windows 8. One of the reason I am going to move on to ubuntu or tizen when the are out for a mobile phone.

When you have one account that shares all your information with all your systems, you are begging, on your hands and knees, for your privacy to be stripped away.

Well if that ever actually happens then I'll change my mind about it but until then I'll enjoy the convenience...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [CNET] Windows 8 vies with Vista, but Windows 7 gains