Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › MSI Z87 Thread - Xpower & Mpower Max BIOS screens and info
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MSI Z87 Thread - Xpower & Mpower Max BIOS screens and info - Page 50

post #491 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyElf View Post

I know this is a bit late, but it might help/

Try updating to the latest BIOS. I'd run HCI MemTest to see what is wrong.

You might have a bad board or a CPU with a bad Memory Controller. Do 1&2 work?

Otherwise, I suppose you can keep it as is - the only drawback is that dual channel will not be possible. Ask the MSI techs - you could RMA, but you'll be without a board for a few weeks.

Thanks, but I went ahead and rma'd it. I was waiting for my case to get done with the powdercoater so I had some time to wait. Now my biggest problem is finding a good guide to overclock my cpu. The bios is set up completely different than my Asus maximus v formula, so its taking me time to get used to it.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #492 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0kn0ws View Post

Thanks, but I went ahead and rma'd it. I was waiting for my case to get done with the powdercoater so I had some time to wait. Now my biggest problem is finding a good guide to overclock my cpu. The bios is set up completely different than my Asus maximus v formula, so its taking me time to get used to it.


There really isn't a guide at this point, but it's pretty much identical:

  1. Lower the Uncore to say 30x.
  2. Raise vCore to 1.3V and VCCIN to 1.9V (you could go 2.0V).
  3. Raise the CPU multiplier.

Test for stability.

MSI isn't big on CPU offsets, that's the only thing I can think of.
Trooper Typhoon
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X X99A Godlike MSI 1080 Ti Lightning MSI 1080 Ti Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Trident Z 32 Gb Samsung 850 Pro Samsung SM843T 960 GB Western Digital Caviar Black 2Tb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung SV843 960 GB LG WH14NS40 Cryorig R1 Ultimate 9x Gentle Typhoon 1850 rpm on case 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 LG 27UD68 Ducky Legend with Vortex PBT Doubleshot Backlit... EVGA 1300W G2 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Cooler Master Storm Trooper Logitech G502 Proteus Asus Xonar Essence STX Lamptron Fanatic Fan Controller  
  hide details  
Reply
Trooper Typhoon
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X X99A Godlike MSI 1080 Ti Lightning MSI 1080 Ti Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Trident Z 32 Gb Samsung 850 Pro Samsung SM843T 960 GB Western Digital Caviar Black 2Tb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung SV843 960 GB LG WH14NS40 Cryorig R1 Ultimate 9x Gentle Typhoon 1850 rpm on case 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 LG 27UD68 Ducky Legend with Vortex PBT Doubleshot Backlit... EVGA 1300W G2 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Cooler Master Storm Trooper Logitech G502 Proteus Asus Xonar Essence STX Lamptron Fanatic Fan Controller  
  hide details  
Reply
post #493 of 511
A few days ago I tried to push my overclock a little bit further by applying a vCore above 1.350V with a z87 Mpower. Everything worked well and my overclock is perfectly stable, but whenever I boot with voltages above this 1.350V value, the motherboards starts beeping (5 short beeps). As the overclock is stable with a voltage of 1.385V and x48 multiplier, there isn't really anything wrong (temperatures and other voltages seem OK).

Is this beeping common practice for high voltages on these Mpower boards or am I overlooking something?

Sorry for bump

Edit: Yes it boots even though it gives those error beeps
Black 'n White
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k MSI z87 mpower Inno3D GTX 780 Kingston HyperX Beast @1866MHz 
CoolingPowerCase
custom loop Cooler Master V1000 NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Black 'n White
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k MSI z87 mpower Inno3D GTX 780 Kingston HyperX Beast @1866MHz 
CoolingPowerCase
custom loop Cooler Master V1000 NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #494 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by roelst View Post

A few days ago I tried to push my overclock a little bit further by applying a vCore above 1.350V with a z87 Mpower. Everything worked well and my overclock is perfectly stable, but whenever I boot with voltages above this 1.350V value, the motherboards starts beeping (5 short beeps). As the overclock is stable with a voltage of 1.385V and x48 multiplier, there isn't really anything wrong (temperatures and other voltages seem OK).

Is this beeping common practice for high voltages on these Mpower boards or am I overlooking something?

Sorry for bump

Edit: Yes it boots even though it gives those error beeps

The number and duration of beeps means something , you can look at it on the manual. Even if it boots, something is not working like it should. I've booted mine at 1.5v and had no problem, so I think it's mostly an incompatibility issue.

There is also a little "screen" on the motherboard that shows a number and a letter, look which code is in it when you hear those beeps.
LIttle One
(15 items)
 
Old but Gold
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9300 Dell Nvidia Quadro FX3700M Hynix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Corsair Force 3 Windows 10 17" WUXGA Dell Precision M6400 
  hide details  
Reply
LIttle One
(15 items)
 
Old but Gold
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9300 Dell Nvidia Quadro FX3700M Hynix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Corsair Force 3 Windows 10 17" WUXGA Dell Precision M6400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #495 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisxd View Post

The number and duration of beeps means something , you can look at it on the manual. Even if it boots, something is not working like it should. I've booted mine at 1.5v and had no problem, so I think it's mostly an incompatibility issue.

There is also a little "screen" on the motherboard that shows a number and a letter, look which code is in it when you hear those beeps.

There is nothing in the manual about the error beeps, and the two digit display acts normally.

Anyway, according to the internets 5 short beeps means my processor is dead. Odd, since it is perfectly stable (to be sure I tried both x264 and prime95, each for about 20 hours).
Black 'n White
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k MSI z87 mpower Inno3D GTX 780 Kingston HyperX Beast @1866MHz 
CoolingPowerCase
custom loop Cooler Master V1000 NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Black 'n White
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k MSI z87 mpower Inno3D GTX 780 Kingston HyperX Beast @1866MHz 
CoolingPowerCase
custom loop Cooler Master V1000 NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #496 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by roelst View Post

There is nothing in the manual about the error beeps, and the two digit display acts normally.

Anyway, according to the internets 5 short beeps means my processor is dead. Odd, since it is perfectly stable (to be sure I tried both x264 and prime95, each for about 20 hours).

If it was dead it wouldn't even boot, according to this, it's a processor error or a bad processor.

https://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/bios-beep-codes
LIttle One
(15 items)
 
Old but Gold
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9300 Dell Nvidia Quadro FX3700M Hynix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Corsair Force 3 Windows 10 17" WUXGA Dell Precision M6400 
  hide details  
Reply
LIttle One
(15 items)
 
Old but Gold
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9300 Dell Nvidia Quadro FX3700M Hynix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Corsair Force 3 Windows 10 17" WUXGA Dell Precision M6400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #497 of 511
Dumb question I hope you guys can answer.

While stress testing with x264 v2.06 with HWInfo open to monitor temps/volts, I see that my Bus Clock fluctuates from 100.00 to 102.x which makes my clock ratio raise to 48xxMhz.
I keep hearing to disable the function that controls Bus Clocks, but I don't adjust settings in the submenu in the bios.
EVEN if I set it to 100 it still fluctuates even while stress testing with XTU it goes up.

System Specs.
4790k 4.7Ghz
MSI z97 Gaming 7 latest Bios version on MSI's website
G Skill Ares 2x8GB 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 XMP
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming

I've looked for the settings to disable spread spectrum but there isn't anything in the bios to disable it, I also tried just using the num-pad "+/-" to see if locking it in would help, and nothing.

I've read about my question that it's a glitch or something in HWInfo and not to worry about it as well.

Does my clock speed actually go to 48xxMhz or is it just something I should worry about.
z97 RIG
(15 items)
 
Apophis
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k MSI z97 Gaming 7 Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 G Skill Ares 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 256gb Seagate Barracuda 2tb Corsair H70 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24 inch 144hz  Razer Blackwidow chroma EVGA 850 G Silient Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Generic On-board Audio 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 920 D0@ 4.2 1.25625 vcore EVGA Classified 760 EVGA GTX 470 SC+ EVGA GTX 470 SC+ 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator GT 1866 3x2 gbs 1TB Samsung Spinpoint Lite-On DVD drive EK Supreme LTX Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK EVGA Classified Full Motherboard Block EK GTX 470 Acetal/Copper Water Block EK GTX 470 Acetal/Copper Water Block Winows 7 PRO 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung ToC 24" Razer Black Widow Seasonic Platinum 1000 watt CoolerMaster HAF 932 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
z97 RIG
(15 items)
 
Apophis
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k MSI z97 Gaming 7 Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 G Skill Ares 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 256gb Seagate Barracuda 2tb Corsair H70 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24 inch 144hz  Razer Blackwidow chroma EVGA 850 G Silient Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Generic On-board Audio 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 920 D0@ 4.2 1.25625 vcore EVGA Classified 760 EVGA GTX 470 SC+ EVGA GTX 470 SC+ 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator GT 1866 3x2 gbs 1TB Samsung Spinpoint Lite-On DVD drive EK Supreme LTX Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK EVGA Classified Full Motherboard Block EK GTX 470 Acetal/Copper Water Block EK GTX 470 Acetal/Copper Water Block Winows 7 PRO 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung ToC 24" Razer Black Widow Seasonic Platinum 1000 watt CoolerMaster HAF 932 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #498 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ral View Post

Dumb question I hope you guys can answer.

While stress testing with x264 v2.06 with HWInfo open to monitor temps/volts, I see that my Bus Clock fluctuates from 100.00 to 102.x which makes my clock ratio raise to 48xxMhz.
I keep hearing to disable the function that controls Bus Clocks, but I don't adjust settings in the submenu in the bios.
EVEN if I set it to 100 it still fluctuates even while stress testing with XTU it goes up.

System Specs.
4790k 4.7Ghz
MSI z97 Gaming 7 latest Bios version on MSI's website
G Skill Ares 2x8GB 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 XMP
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming

I've looked for the settings to disable spread spectrum but there isn't anything in the bios to disable it, I also tried just using the num-pad "+/-" to see if locking it in would help, and nothing.

I've read about my question that it's a glitch or something in HWInfo and not to worry about it as well.

Does my clock speed actually go to 48xxMhz or is it just something I should worry about.

What does CPU-Z says?, it could be a BIOS issue.

p.d: msi z87 thread tongue.gif
LIttle One
(15 items)
 
Old but Gold
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9300 Dell Nvidia Quadro FX3700M Hynix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Corsair Force 3 Windows 10 17" WUXGA Dell Precision M6400 
  hide details  
Reply
LIttle One
(15 items)
 
Old but Gold
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9300 Dell Nvidia Quadro FX3700M Hynix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Corsair Force 3 Windows 10 17" WUXGA Dell Precision M6400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #499 of 511
Anyone know if a msi mpower max ac works ok with a M2 ssd.I have a
Kingston Hyperx Predator M2 Pcie ssd and it willl not show up in the bios,or windows when pugged in directly to the m2 slot or in the pcie adaptor card it came with.Not a lost cause though,I can use it on a Z170 mb for my next build.I would like to try it though on the mpower max ac for now if I can get it going..Any ideas appreciated.
post #500 of 511
Hi everyone, does anyone know if the MSI Z87 MPOWER or MSI Z87 MPOWER SP motherboards bought new from this year come with the latest bios and can be used out of the box on Haswell refresh chips like the G3258 and the i7 4790K?

I read that the G3258 worked out of the box on boards that were recently bought by people but I just wanted to make sure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › MSI Z87 Thread - Xpower & Mpower Max BIOS screens and info