Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Looking for a mouse
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for a mouse - Page 2

Poll Results: Best Mouse

 
  • 0% (0)
    Roccat Kone Pure Polar Blue
  • 7% (1)
    Mionix Naos 8200
  • 7% (1)
    CMStorm Recon
  • 15% (2)
    Corsair Vengeance M65
  • 38% (5)
    Razer DeathAdder 2013
  • 15% (2)
    Logitech G600
  • 15% (2)
    Steelseries Sensei FNATIC Edition
13 Total Votes  
post #11 of 18
Voted for the G600 simply because it's Logitech.

Anything and everything I've gotten from them seems to last forever. The only reason my MX500 mouse, which is from 2002, died, was because I let my brother use it to play minecraft.
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHo29388 View Post

Voted for the G600 simply because it's Logitech.

Anything and everything I've gotten from them seems to last forever. The only reason my MX500 mouse, which is from 2002, died, was because I let my brother use it to play minecraft.
Lol IKR, not much can kill a mouse faster then minecraft, except maybe diablo 3. My dad bought his G5 when it was brand new, and still uses it to this day. Not a single hickup.
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

How so? I personally love the mouse. Buttons are all in the right place, high build quality, sturdy and has a great sensor. What more do you need from a mouse?

- Abysmal scroll wheel because it has zero resistance...honestly the worst scroll wheel I have ever used.
- Squishy and crappy side buttons.
- The switches used in M1/M2 feel lame and cheap. Must be some kind of knock off switches because they sure ain't Huanos or Omrons.
- Not the best design/shape of the mouse on the market, that's for sure.
- If you shake the mouse or move it around quickly you can feel how poorly it is made as the inside components have a bit of a rattle to them.
- Doesn't come with a charging dock meaning you have to plug the cable in to recharge it. (this point is simply to compare it to its competitor, the Razer Mamba)
- The mousefeet use some kind of weird hard material that isn't as good as what other companies like Zowie/Razer use.
- Doesn't use a flawless sensor.
- Overall feels like a very cheap and poorly made mouse at a price point where there are many other better alternatives.
M1
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asus Strix Z270i Asus GTX 1080Ti G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo Corsair H75 Corsair H55 W10 
MonitorCaseMouse
Acer XB271HU NCASE M1 Zowie EC1-A 
  hide details  
Reply
M1
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asus Strix Z270i Asus GTX 1080Ti G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo Corsair H75 Corsair H55 W10 
MonitorCaseMouse
Acer XB271HU NCASE M1 Zowie EC1-A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmib View Post

The best FPS mouse you listed on the poll was the Deathadder 2013 - so that's what I voted for, but a better palm-grip FPS mouse than that is the Zowie EC1 eVo. Both are great all around mice.
Please, no.

The G700 is an objectively terrible mouse.

Objectively means it can be proven. Prove to me that it is bad. Is it because it is wireless? Or heavy? I personally like both those qualities.

You say that the best is the Razor Deathadder, but from my experience that is a horrible mouse. Every razor product I've owned (3) has broken within a year of purchase. The Deathadder only lasted 3 months, got it RMA'd and it broke less than a year after that. It worked fine when it wasn't broken, but always had a cheap feel to it.

I've had the same Logitech MX1000 for 10 years and it still works fine (I use it at work now). And the Logitech G700 that I own has been flawless in the year I purchased it. My good friend has a G500 and loves it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmib View Post

- Abysmal scroll wheel because it has zero resistance...honestly the worst scroll wheel I have ever used.
- Squishy and crappy side buttons.
- The switches used in M1/M2 feel lame and cheap. Must be some kind of knock off switches because they sure ain't Huanos or Omrons.
- Not the best design/shape of the mouse on the market, that's for sure.
- If you shake the mouse or move it around quickly you can feel how poorly it is made as the inside components have a bit of a rattle to them.
- Doesn't come with a charging dock meaning you have to plug the cable in to recharge it. (this point is simply to compare it to its competitor, the Razer Mamba)
- The mousefeet use some kind of weird hard material that isn't as good as what other companies like Zowie/Razer use.
- Doesn't use a flawless sensor.
- Overall feels like a very cheap and poorly made mouse at a price point where there are many other better alternatives.

  • The scroll wheel has two modes, a no resistance mode and a click mode. Both have their uses
  • The side buttons on mine are responsive, though not tactile
  • Same as above
  • It fits my hands just fine, I use a modified claw grip
  • Mine has no rattle, I just shook it. It feels very solid actually
  • Why would you want a dock when you can just plug it in and play corded? My MX1000 has a dock, both work, but it is very nice to keep playing with the same mouse if it dies mid way through a game
  • I use a steelseries gaming mat, have no problem at all with the feet
  • Is there such thing as a flawless sensor? I've never had tracking problems with it
  • Every Logitech product I've ever owned is still functioning. The cheapest feel product of theirs is the webcam (9000 or something like that)

Oh and BTW, none of that was objective, it was all subjective
Edited by Solmors - 6/3/13 at 12:12pm
Ra
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 D0 @4.2 Asus P6T PNY GTX 470 SLI 6gb OCZ Gold 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
90GB Kingston SSD 1Tb WD Caviar Black Windows 7 (64 bit) PCBank 3view PB2700 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
acer x243w ASUS VE247h Logitech G15 (version 1), Logitech G13 PCPC Silencer 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF X Logitech G700 steelseries X-Large audio-technica ATH-A700 
  hide details  
Reply
Ra
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 D0 @4.2 Asus P6T PNY GTX 470 SLI 6gb OCZ Gold 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
90GB Kingston SSD 1Tb WD Caviar Black Windows 7 (64 bit) PCBank 3view PB2700 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
acer x243w ASUS VE247h Logitech G15 (version 1), Logitech G13 PCPC Silencer 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF X Logitech G700 steelseries X-Large audio-technica ATH-A700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmib View Post

- Abysmal scroll wheel because it has zero resistance...honestly the worst scroll wheel I have ever used.
- Squishy and crappy side buttons.
- The switches used in M1/M2 feel lame and cheap. Must be some kind of knock off switches because they sure ain't Huanos or Omrons.
- Not the best design/shape of the mouse on the market, that's for sure.
- If you shake the mouse or move it around quickly you can feel how poorly it is made as the inside components have a bit of a rattle to them.
- Doesn't come with a charging dock meaning you have to plug the cable in to recharge it. (this point is simply to compare it to its competitor, the Razer Mamba)
- The mousefeet use some kind of weird hard material that isn't as good as what other companies like Zowie/Razer use.
- Doesn't use a flawless sensor.
- Overall feels like a very cheap and poorly made mouse at a price point where there are many other better alternatives.
The scroll wheel has more then enough resistance, remember it has a button in the middle called the Endless Scroll function that basically takes away all resistance, push it again and it comes back so that 1 point invalid.
Yes it has squishy side buttons, but its still better then most Razer and Steelseries mice (yes Im looking at you Deathadder)
The buttons on the top are fine, just because they arent using what everyone else uses doesn't mean its not good.
The design is perfect, don't know why you don't like it, fit my hand perfectly. Granted I do have oversized hands.
I have shaken the mouse, its fine, nothing rattled at all.
WTH do you need a charging dock? How would that be more useful then a cable that can be CONNECTED WHILE YOUR PLAYING!!!!!
The mousefeet are a hard plastic that doesn't wear, ever... my dad's G5 has the same feet and they are still working flawlessly to this day. Maybe get a nicer mousepad then try it.
It does use a flawless sensor, unlike many other mice, especially the Cyborg RAT 7 and the old Deathadder.
Overall feels sturdy and extremely well made.

Overall your comments are stupid and un-fairly judged. Almost all Razer fanboy's hate Logitech's for invalid reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmors View Post

Objectively means it can be proven. Prove to me that it is bad. Is it because it is wireless? Or heavy? I personally like both those qualities.

You say that the best is the Razor Deathadder, but from my experience that is a horrible mouse. Every razor product I've owned (3) has broken within a year of purchase. The Deathadder only lasted 3 months, got it RMA'd and it broke less than a year after that. It worked fine when it wasn't broken, but always had a cheap feel to it.

I've had the same Logitech MX1000 for 10 years and it still works fine (I use it at work now). And the Logitech G700 that I own has been flawless in the year I purchased it. My good friend has a G500 and loves it.
  • The scroll wheel has two modes, a no resistance mode and a click mode. Both have their uses
  • The side buttons on mine are responsive, though not tactile
  • Same as above
  • It fits my hands just fine, I use a modified claw grip
  • Mine has no rattle, I just shook it. It feels very solid actually
  • Why would you want a dock when you can just plug it in and play corded? My MX1000 has a dock, both work, but it is very nice to keep playing with the same mouse if it dies mid way through a game
  • I use a steelseries gaming mat, have no problem at all with the feet
  • Is there such thing as a flawless sensor? I've never had tracking problems with it
  • Every Logitech product I've ever owned is still functioning. The cheapest feel product of theirs is the webcam (9000 or something like that)

Oh and BTW, none of that was objective, it was all subjective
Good points!
I have owned many many Razer products, all of them have broken for various reasons. I went through 3 Deathadders, a Mamba (I really just didnt like this one), and one other, forget what it was. But either way, I will never buy another Razer peripheral again because of all the failures.
Edited by ADHDadditiv - 6/3/13 at 12:29pm
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
I am going to create a new thread and poll with only the top 3. these are:
Razer DeathAdder
Corsair Vengeance M65
Logitech G600
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i7-3635QM Processor Samsung Laptop AMD Radeon 8770M Samsung Laptop Memory 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1TB Laptop Hard Drive Targus Laptop Chill Mat Windows 8 Samsung 1080p Laptop Monitor 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell S2409W Dell 1907FP Dell Generic Keyboard Power Cord 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Samsung Metal Laptop Case Logitech G500s Corsair MM200 Logitech Z313 
Audio
Logitech G35 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Broadcom BCM2835 Broadcom BCM2835 Broadcom VideoCore IV Broadcom BCM2835 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SD Card Air Wheezy Raspbian Dell S2409W 
KeyboardPower
Generic Dell Keyboard Random Micro-USB Charger 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i7-3635QM Processor Samsung Laptop AMD Radeon 8770M Samsung Laptop Memory 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1TB Laptop Hard Drive Targus Laptop Chill Mat Windows 8 Samsung 1080p Laptop Monitor 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell S2409W Dell 1907FP Dell Generic Keyboard Power Cord 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Samsung Metal Laptop Case Logitech G500s Corsair MM200 Logitech Z313 
Audio
Logitech G35 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Broadcom BCM2835 Broadcom BCM2835 Broadcom VideoCore IV Broadcom BCM2835 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SD Card Air Wheezy Raspbian Dell S2409W 
KeyboardPower
Generic Dell Keyboard Random Micro-USB Charger 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnichols1999 View Post

I am going to create a new thread and poll with only the top 3. these are:
Razer DeathAdder
Corsair Vengeance M65
Logitech G600
Why? just remove the other options...
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

The scroll wheel has more then enough resistance, remember it has a button in the middle called the Endless Scroll function that basically takes away all resistance, push it again and it comes back so that 1 point invalid.
Yes it has squishy side buttons, but its still better then most Razer and Steelseries mice (yes Im looking at you Deathadder)
The buttons on the top are fine, just because they arent using what everyone else uses doesn't mean its not good.
The design is perfect, don't know why you don't like it, fit my hand perfectly. Granted I do have oversized hands.
I have shaken the mouse, its fine, nothing rattled at all.
WTH do you need a charging dock? How would that be more useful then a cable that can be CONNECTED WHILE YOUR PLAYING!!!!!
The mousefeet are a hard plastic that doesn't wear, ever... my dad's G5 has the same feet and they are still working flawlessly to this day. Maybe get a nicer mousepad then try it.
It does use a flawless sensor, unlike many other mice, especially the Cyborg RAT 7 and the old Deathadder.
Overall feels sturdy and extremely well made.

Overall your comments are stupid and un-fairly judged. Almost all Razer fanboy's hate Logitech's for invalid reasons.

- Just tried the regular scroll function (didn't realize it had that, my buddy keeps it on endless scroll), it's okay I guess. Not as good as other mice I have used though.
- No, the side buttons are not better than the Deathadder's.
- The shape is merely okay, it's not the best palm grip that's for sure.
- M1/M2 are some of the worst I have ever used, whatever switches they are using I have no idea...there is some play in the actual plastic of the buttons before the switch is activated.
- Lol? Do you even read? I mentioned the charging dock because the G700's competitor has one. This has nothing to do with keeping the cable connected while playing...? lol i don't even...also, it's a wireless mouse, keeping the cable plugged in kind of defeats the purpose.
- The sensor is not flawless, it has positive acceleration. Also, the sensor is off-center in a really weird spot.

lol'd @ your last comment. I am not a Razer fanboy at all, nor are they "invalid" reasons, but hey, I guess you feel the psychological need to justify the $60-70 purchase of an inferior product.
M1
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asus Strix Z270i Asus GTX 1080Ti G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo Corsair H75 Corsair H55 W10 
MonitorCaseMouse
Acer XB271HU NCASE M1 Zowie EC1-A 
  hide details  
Reply
M1
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asus Strix Z270i Asus GTX 1080Ti G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo Corsair H75 Corsair H55 W10 
MonitorCaseMouse
Acer XB271HU NCASE M1 Zowie EC1-A 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Looking for a mouse