Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Waterblocks for Galaxy GTX670 GC 4GB card
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterblocks for Galaxy GTX670 GC 4GB card

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Hi guys. I've looked around the intertubes to see if anyone anywhere has a full waterblock for this card and I'm coming up empty. So does anyone here know if a waterblock for this card exists? Am I missing something? Can someone point me in the right direction?

It's a Galaxy GTX670 GC 4GB card just so there isn't any confusion. Thank you for any help.

-Methadras

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2 of 13
I think that card is a 680 PCB, so any 680 block should work. But I'm not 100 positive.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z97-PRO AMD Radeon R9 290 Series G. Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ 128 Vertex 3 WD 1TB black Asus drive Corsair h100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 BenQ 24 inch Rosewill rk9000 EVGA 850W GS 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Silver edition Steel Series Rival SS Qck+ Superlux 681 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z97-PRO AMD Radeon R9 290 Series G. Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ 128 Vertex 3 WD 1TB black Asus drive Corsair h100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 BenQ 24 inch Rosewill rk9000 EVGA 850W GS 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Silver edition Steel Series Rival SS Qck+ Superlux 681 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainn View Post

I think that card is a 680 PCB, so any 680 block should work. But I'm not 100 positive.

Thank you for the response. I was hoping for something definitive.
post #4 of 13
EKWB Cooling Configurator came empty so it shouldn't be reference compatible at least, nor does EK make any custom blocks for it (provided this is the exact model you have). You can pretty much go through all the major waterblock manufacturer sites one by one and see if they have any custom design blocks for Galaxy cards but I highly doubt you'll find one.

post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizodge View Post

EKWB Cooling Configurator came empty so it shouldn't be reference compatible at least, nor does EK make any custom blocks for it (provided this is the exact model you have). You can pretty much go through all the major waterblock manufacturer sites one by one and see if they have any custom design blocks for Galaxy cards but I highly doubt you'll find one.


Yeah, that's it. And it looks like it's a no go outside of a universal block, but there is still the ram/fets that need to be cooled. What a bummer. Great card too.
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadras View Post

Yeah, that's it. And it looks like it's a no go outside of a universal block, but there is still the ram/fets that need to be cooled. What a bummer. Great card too.
When buying a GPU and water cooling always buy the reference cheaper and easier to find blocks.
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post

When buying a GPU and water cooling always buy the reference cheaper and easier to find blocks.

This is true and I agree. Not doing this again, that's for sure. I got suckered on Galaxy gtx460 1gb cards and now this Galaxy. Galaxy is a good brand, but it's been a crap shoot for me with them getting waterblocks.
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadras View Post

This is true and I agree. Not doing this again, that's for sure. I got suckered on Galaxy gtx460 1gb cards and now this Galaxy. Galaxy is a good brand, but it's been a crap shoot for me with them getting waterblocks.
At least you've learnt from your mistake! thumb.gif
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post

At least you've learnt from your mistake! thumb.gif

Doesn't help me much since I'm out the money I spent to buy the card. Now I have to sell it and I've never used it.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadras View Post

Doesn't help me much since I'm out the money I spent to buy the card. Now I have to sell it and I've never used it.
Just use it anyway! The card has a aftermarket cooler attached it'll be quite thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Waterblocks for Galaxy GTX670 GC 4GB card