Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [HW] Halo 4 recieves large matchmaking overhaul & weapon rebalance
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[HW] Halo 4 recieves large matchmaking overhaul & weapon rebalance - Page 4

post #31 of 37
My theory is that because you really can only be competitive in a clan and that's why they made the change.
If you have 6 players, you will most likely be matched with a 6 player team.
Lone wolves can't compete.
Core i5 6600
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600 Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P  Powercolor 2GB 7870 (TAHITI LE) G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4-2800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe LG GGC-H20LK: Blu-ray & HD-DVD Windows 10 Pro Dell UltraSharp U2414H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 967740-0403 EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750 W Antec Nine Hundred Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
Core i5 6600
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600 Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P  Powercolor 2GB 7870 (TAHITI LE) G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4-2800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe LG GGC-H20LK: Blu-ray & HD-DVD Windows 10 Pro Dell UltraSharp U2414H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 967740-0403 EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750 W Antec Nine Hundred Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavitz View Post

I thought you guys didn't like cod or didn't want cod. These changes are to make the game more like cod and play more like cod. Cod has really high bullet damage on the weapons so players with lesser skill get kills and feel satisfaction. One of the good things about halo is the low bullet damage meaning, you always have a chance to fight back if you got spotted first and out play the person in the firefight with you. Go to hell you guys frown.gif You don't whats good for you. mad.gif

i dont think its at all meant for it to play like cod, its not THAT major of a change. and besides, even if the damage was increased that much, i doubt it would feel like cod. halo actually has good weapon balancing.
Alienware 15
(11 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-4710HQ GTX 970M 3GB 16GB 256GB M.2 SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSOS
250GB m.2 SSD 1TB HDD Fedora 23 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardMouse
4k IPS Corsair K95 Corsair K65 
  hide details  
Reply
Alienware 15
(11 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-4710HQ GTX 970M 3GB 16GB 256GB M.2 SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSOS
250GB m.2 SSD 1TB HDD Fedora 23 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardMouse
4k IPS Corsair K95 Corsair K65 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 37
I've really been into CS:GO lately, but looks like they gave me a reason to start up my xbox.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavitz View Post

I thought you guys didn't like cod or didn't want cod. These changes are to make the game more like cod and play more like cod. Cod has really high bullet damage on the weapons so players with lesser skill get kills and feel satisfaction. One of the good things about halo is the low bullet damage meaning, you always have a chance to fight back if you got spotted first and out play the person in the firefight with you. Go to hell you guys frown.gif You don't whats good for you. mad.gif
The BR use to do a 4 shot kill in Halo 2?
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiXiam View Post

My theory is that because you really can only be competitive in a clan and that's why they made the change.
If you have 6 players, you will most likely be matched with a 6 player team.
Lone wolves can't compete.

That's not really true, I had a lot of fun getting to 50 in Halo 3 going in solo or with just one friend. At skill 47+ it was uncommon to get really bad teammates such that you couldn't play competitively. MLG list was a bit tougher to do solo, mostly because no radar means you're even more dependent on call outs, but everything else was fine.
Glorious 4K
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930k @ 4.625 GHz ASUS X99-A USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti @ 1950/12200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-2666 C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 240GB Seagate 600 Pro 240 GB WD Black 4TB Corsair H110 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Noctua NF-A14 x2 Corsair SP140 x2 Corsair AF120 x1 Corsair SP120 x4 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EVGA Titan X Hybrid AIO Windows 10 Professional x64 Sharp Aquos 4K LC-60UD27U Logitech K520 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 Corsair Obsidian 450D Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 Sound Blaster Z Sound Card 
AudioAudioOther
Logitech Z906 Speakers Razer Chimaera 5.1 Headphones Sunbeam Rheosmart 6 fan controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Glorious 4K
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930k @ 4.625 GHz ASUS X99-A USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti @ 1950/12200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-2666 C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 240GB Seagate 600 Pro 240 GB WD Black 4TB Corsair H110 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Noctua NF-A14 x2 Corsair SP140 x2 Corsair AF120 x1 Corsair SP120 x4 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EVGA Titan X Hybrid AIO Windows 10 Professional x64 Sharp Aquos 4K LC-60UD27U Logitech K520 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 Corsair Obsidian 450D Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 Sound Blaster Z Sound Card 
AudioAudioOther
Logitech Z906 Speakers Razer Chimaera 5.1 Headphones Sunbeam Rheosmart 6 fan controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiXiam View Post

My theory is that because you really can only be competitive in a clan and that's why they made the change.
If you have 6 players, you will most likely be matched with a 6 player team.
Lone wolves can't compete.


If i recall correctly 343 said they wouldn't implement in game rankings because it "promoted cheating and name calling" or something to that effect, which is sort of true but come on really? in a rated M game the main concern isn't player retention or competition but that someone might get their feelings hurt. Not to mention the fact that they basically were saying they'd rather remove any competitive incentive then actually actively monitor their game.

ordinances are probably what really killed halo 4 on the mlg circuit, stupid things like jet packs didn't help either, or the boltshot+spartan vision BS early on...no clue if they ever fixed it

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

if anyone wants to see how fast the game died
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulerxx View Post

The BR use to do a 4 shot kill in Halo 2?

The BR was a 4 shot kill in both H2 and H3 if you landed all of your shots
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratiller View Post

If i recall correctly 343 said they wouldn't implement in game rankings because it "promoted cheating and name calling" or something to that effect, which is sort of true but come on really? in a rated M game the main concern isn't player retention or competition but that someone might get their feelings hurt. Not to mention the fact that they basically were saying they'd rather remove any competitive incentive then actually actively monitor their game.

ordinances are probably what really killed halo 4 on the mlg circuit, stupid things like jet packs didn't help either, or the boltshot+spartan vision BS early on...no clue if they ever fixed it

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

if anyone wants to see how fast the game died

I understand their desire to remove visible in game ranking (though I disagree with it), but not the desire to remove the distinction between ranked and social lists. It's like none of the developers used their brains enough to see that they are two separate things. You can have ranked/social playlists without publicly visible ranking.
Glorious 4K
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930k @ 4.625 GHz ASUS X99-A USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti @ 1950/12200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-2666 C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 240GB Seagate 600 Pro 240 GB WD Black 4TB Corsair H110 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Noctua NF-A14 x2 Corsair SP140 x2 Corsair AF120 x1 Corsair SP120 x4 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EVGA Titan X Hybrid AIO Windows 10 Professional x64 Sharp Aquos 4K LC-60UD27U Logitech K520 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 Corsair Obsidian 450D Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 Sound Blaster Z Sound Card 
AudioAudioOther
Logitech Z906 Speakers Razer Chimaera 5.1 Headphones Sunbeam Rheosmart 6 fan controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Glorious 4K
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930k @ 4.625 GHz ASUS X99-A USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti @ 1950/12200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-2666 C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 240GB Seagate 600 Pro 240 GB WD Black 4TB Corsair H110 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Noctua NF-A14 x2 Corsair SP140 x2 Corsair AF120 x1 Corsair SP120 x4 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EVGA Titan X Hybrid AIO Windows 10 Professional x64 Sharp Aquos 4K LC-60UD27U Logitech K520 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 Corsair Obsidian 450D Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 Sound Blaster Z Sound Card 
AudioAudioOther
Logitech Z906 Speakers Razer Chimaera 5.1 Headphones Sunbeam Rheosmart 6 fan controller 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [HW] Halo 4 recieves large matchmaking overhaul & weapon rebalance