Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [OFFICIAL] Gigabyte G1. Sniper 5/M5/B5 Owners Thread/Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] Gigabyte G1. Sniper 5/M5/B5 Owners Thread/Club - Page 174

post #1731 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post

Gives you the feeling GB has already abandoned this board.

Yes, well it worked just fine with my 4th gen i5 but I wanted more cores so I got the 4790k. Should have gone with the 4770k. Guess newer isn't always better. Well I got a new board on order. I'll see how that pans out and I'll return/sell the "loser" of the two. Can't afford to keep both.
post #1732 of 1890
I just got one of these mobos (G1.Sniper B5), and while it boots to Windows just fine, I'm having trouble with the BIOS. Basically, I can't save any changes, because the thing freezes/hangs when I try to save. It locks up when I use any of the various save or "save and exit" buttons, and when I tey the F-key save method. Anyone experienced that before?

Using three 2GB sticks of DDR3 1333, a Core i5-4590 CPU, a 450W Rosewill PSU, Silicon Power 250GB SSD.

Again, Windows works great, but I can't make any BIOS changes.

TIA!
post #1733 of 1890
Has anyone used a Phanteks PH-TC14PE on the Sniper M5? Does it clear the first Pcie slot?
post #1734 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by huesmann View Post

I just got one of these mobos (G1.Sniper B5), and while it boots to Windows just fine, I'm having trouble with the BIOS. Basically, I can't save any changes, because the thing freezes/hangs when I try to save. It locks up when I use any of the various save or "save and exit" buttons, and when I tey the F-key save method. Anyone experienced that before?

Using three 2GB sticks of DDR3 1333, a Core i5-4590 CPU, a 450W Rosewill PSU, Silicon Power 250GB SSD.

Again, Windows works great, but I can't make any BIOS changes.

TIA!
I was somehow able to get it to switch from GUI BIOS to Classic (text) BIOS, and that was able to save settings. Shrug. Weird.
post #1735 of 1890
Hey guys, can someone copy me some quick manual settings for overclocking 4770k on G1.Sniper 5 ?
They are surely some in the thread that work nicely and Thanks in advance! smile.gif
post #1736 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMCustoms View Post

Hey guys, can someone copy me some quick manual settings for overclocking 4770k on G1.Sniper 5 ?
They are surely some in the thread that work nicely and Thanks in advance! smile.gif

Its a little more complicated than that, I mean each chip tends to OC differantly and there are other factors such as the cooling setup you have and the RAM, I suggest reading THIS

And there is a much better guide out there I just cannot locate it at the moment thumb.gif
post #1737 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCSolutions View Post

Its a little more complicated than that, I mean each chip tends to OC differantly and there are other factors such as the cooling setup you have and the RAM, I suggest reading THIS

And there is a much better guide out there I just cannot locate it at the moment thumb.gif

I'm not new at overclocking biggrin.gif I just wanted some settings for this motherboard, cause I never OCed on Gigabyte before smile.gif
post #1738 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEStorm View Post

Has anyone used a Phanteks PH-TC14PE on the Sniper M5? Does it clear the first Pcie slot?

Don't look like it frown.gif. I was thinking of getting another 5 and a phanteks cooler. Check out "Venom95", you can see it blocks the first slot.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom95 View Post

You say to use the first slot for best performance.... My phantek air cooler covered my first slot, so I used the 3rd for my 780 is that fine? What if I SLI later, where should I put the 2nd card, if I can only use the 3rd x16 slot since the first x16 slot is covered by my cooler?


edit: just installed mine and it cleared beautifully. Lots of space between my MSI 280x in the top slot and the fan clips. As a precaution, i installed some rubber bumpers I jacked from my H212 cooler. Albeit I have the 5 board (not the M5) with the 4-way sli/xfire slot configuration:





Edited by wermad - 10/22/14 at 5:04pm
post #1739 of 1890
I have a big problem with my G1. Sniper:
The amplified audio outputs give out a buzzing sound and when stress my GPU (Furmark, playing a game) I can hear a louder buzzing/hizzing sound.
I cannot hear from a non-amplified audio-port, so it seems like somehting is wrong with my amplifier.

Strangely enough, I can hear the buzzing even when the GPU is removed from the Mainboard.
Does anyone has a solution to this? Or do I need to RMA my board?
post #1740 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavynator View Post

I have a big problem with my G1. Sniper:
The amplified audio outputs give out a buzzing sound and when stress my GPU (Furmark, playing a game) I can hear a louder buzzing/hizzing sound.
I cannot hear from a non-amplified audio-port, so it seems like somehting is wrong with my amplifier.

Strangely enough, I can hear the buzzing even when the GPU is removed from the Mainboard.
Does anyone has a solution to this? Or do I need to RMA my board?

What headset are you using on the amped port?
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [OFFICIAL] Gigabyte G1. Sniper 5/M5/B5 Owners Thread/Club