Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Deathadder Native DPI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Deathadder Native DPI - Page 2

post #11 of 25
Eh, well it (g400) has lower LOD than other 3090 I've seen, so I was thinking it was intentional instead of just...blind luck.
post #12 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ach View Post

I can normally spot the native DPI on a mouse easily in a blind test just by moving the cursor around. The Krait 2013 I bought (same sensor), has some kind of cursor smoothing applied which gives the cursor the same weird/laggy feel that you would get while using an interpolated setting.

So for all intents and purposes, you are *not* getting native cursor movement using any setting on this mouse and should just set it on fire and throw it out the window. It's inferior to previous generation Deathadder unless they remove the smoothing (which may or may not be possible).

I think I know what you are talking about the, " laggy feeling." I was using 400 dpi and it felt this way. Maybe it was just because it was such a low CPI, but it did feel very laggy. So then why do pro gamers swear by this mouse, even those not supported by razer, yet it has this interpolation, or smoothing, throughout all dpi/cpi settings?

I am now on 600cpi and it does feel better, but I don't know if it's a "native" setting. Why doesn't razer just tell us all so we can stop guessing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

No one outside of Razer R&D can give you a 100% assured answer.

I can give you theory based on typical usb/res data and experimenting, in which case, synapse implementation on 3.5G and 3G only scales the highest native registry across every alternative CPI value while allocated data or IPS speed does not change.. Typically happens when you have or switch to multiple registry values.

3.5G is actually bottlenecked to slower speeds as synapse does not swap to the lower 1800 res.

The 3G model only has its single 1800 CPI res and is not effected, in fact performs at higher speed than it would with previous implementation on lower resolution.

4G like above does not have any speed / data variation throughout the entire range, but it's a bit different as the specific controller is very common with synapse based products. Lets say optimized and boots special features like profile saving across many computers. Unlike ghetto implementation on 3/3.5G wink.gif


So what you're saying sky is that the 4g sensor doesn't have interpolation? So would the 4g be better than the 3/3.5g?
Edited by Lunchbox - 6/4/13 at 2:34pm
Updated Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.6GHz vcore 1.28 EVGA 750i FTW XFX 5830 Corsair and Gskill 6GB total 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 150GB 10,000RPM Boot Disk Sony Windows XP 22in Samsung 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech POS Corsair 750w HAF 932 Razor Dimondback 
Mouse Pad
Fellowes Microban 
  hide details  
Reply
Updated Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.6GHz vcore 1.28 EVGA 750i FTW XFX 5830 Corsair and Gskill 6GB total 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 150GB 10,000RPM Boot Disk Sony Windows XP 22in Samsung 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech POS Corsair 750w HAF 932 Razor Dimondback 
Mouse Pad
Fellowes Microban 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 25
repost.
Edited by Skylit - 6/4/13 at 2:48pm
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ach View Post

Eh, well it (g400) has lower LOD than other 3090 I've seen, so I was thinking it was intentional instead of just...blind luck.

Not quite.

3090 architecture roots from the original 2020 IC design exclusive to Logitech. Logitech had a lens developed and optimized for the 400-800 resolution count sensor developed under Agilent Technologies. That same setup has carried all the way down from MX500 to G400S.

When the IC went public under A3060 (late 04), Agilent provided their own specified and supported lens. The rest is history.

While manufacturers have the option to essentially use custom solutions, have fun trying to get the sensor manufacturer to support your product. Logitech is likely an exception for above reasoning. That and it's not like they would provide you a custom sensor design unless you happen to be a top client.

Yes, the official lens has a higher typical lift off per specific surface and LED, but imaging accuracy is at its very best. It's not like you can't experiment with other material and colors.. I personally had a red led model doing under 2.4mm on a pink/red mouse pad. 3.5mm on black QCK.

Quote:
I am now on 600cpi and it does feel better, but I don't know if it's a "native" setting. Why doesn't razer just tell us all so we can stop guessing?
So what you're saying sky is that the 4g sensor doesn't have interpolation? So would the 4g be better than the 3/3.5g?

I'm saying it points to a single resolution variable (6400), but I nor anyone else here can confirm this... Unless a Razer project manager or R&D member would like to explain.

Just use what feels good.
Edited by Skylit - 6/4/13 at 2:51pm
post #15 of 25
I switched from G400 to DeathAdder 4G and use it at 800DPI with no problems. I don't notice any smoothing effect.
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill View Post

I switched from G400 to DeathAdder 4G and use it at 800DPI with no problems. I don't notice any smoothing effect.

Just like some people don't notice input lag on SONY LCD TV's that have 200ms input lag.
post #17 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

Not quite.

3090 architecture roots from the original 2020 IC design exclusive to Logitech. Logitech had a lens developed and optimized for the 400-800 resolution count sensor developed under Agilent Technologies. That same setup has carried all the way down from MX500 to G400S.

When the IC went public under A3060 (late 04), Agilent provided their own specified and supported lens. The rest is history.

While manufacturers have the option to essentially use custom solutions, have fun trying to get the sensor manufacturer to support your product. Logitech is likely an exception for above reasoning. That and it's not like they would provide you a custom sensor design unless you happen to be a top client.

Yes, the official lens has a higher typical lift off per specific surface and LED, but imaging accuracy is at its very best. It's not like you can't experiment with other material and colors.. I personally had a red led model doing under 2.4mm on a pink/red mouse pad. 3.5mm on black QCK.
I'm saying it points to a single resolution variable (6400), but I nor anyone else here can confirm this... Unless a Razer project manager or R&D member would like to explain.

Just use what feels good.

Sounds good, but it still bugs me lol.
Updated Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.6GHz vcore 1.28 EVGA 750i FTW XFX 5830 Corsair and Gskill 6GB total 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 150GB 10,000RPM Boot Disk Sony Windows XP 22in Samsung 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech POS Corsair 750w HAF 932 Razor Dimondback 
Mouse Pad
Fellowes Microban 
  hide details  
Reply
Updated Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.6GHz vcore 1.28 EVGA 750i FTW XFX 5830 Corsair and Gskill 6GB total 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 150GB 10,000RPM Boot Disk Sony Windows XP 22in Samsung 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech POS Corsair 750w HAF 932 Razor Dimondback 
Mouse Pad
Fellowes Microban 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ach View Post

Just like some people don't notice input lag on SONY LCD TV's that have 200ms input lag.

No offense but all you do is complain about your hardware. The DeathAdder 2013 is fine. In fact it feels better than my G400 and I perform just as well with it if not slightly better, and I play at the top of competitive FPS games. I have tested it extensively and if there is a smoothing effect it is very minor. Just like prediction vs. no prediction, it's really not that big of a deal.
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill View Post

No offense but all you do is complain about your hardware. The DeathAdder 2013 is fine. In fact it feels better than my G400 and I perform just as well with it if not slightly better, and I play at the top of competitive FPS games. I have tested it extensively and if there is a smoothing effect it is very minor. Just like prediction vs. no prediction, it's really not that big of a deal.

No offense but any mouse with cursor smoothing is not a "gaming mouse". Especially considering the reason smoothing is built into the mouse is to reduce ripple when using 6000 DPI, which is not even close to a viable 6/11 cursor speed setting. Everything about the mouse is the exact opposite of what should be done for gaming.
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ach View Post

No offense but any mouse with cursor smoothing is not a "gaming mouse". Especially considering the reason smoothing is built into the mouse is to reduce ripple when using 6000 DPI, which is not even close to a viable 6/11 cursor speed setting. Everything about the mouse is the exact opposite of what should be done for gaming.

First of all, there are very few mice on the market which could truly be considered a "gaming mouse" since the majority of them have laser sensors with positive acceleration. There is no "perfect" mouse. You can find a flaw in any of them, even the best optical ones. And again, I have played with the mouse extensively and the minor smoothing is not an issue.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Deathadder Native DPI