Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Z87X-UD3/4/5/7 & All Other GBT Z87 Including TH Club/Discussion/Issue Report Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Z87X-UD3/4/5/7 & All Other GBT Z87 Including TH Club/Discussion/Issue Report Club. - Page 14

Poll Results: Which model do you own?

 
  • 3% (14)
    Z87X-UD7 TH
  • 0% (3)
    Z87X-UD5 TH
  • 13% (50)
    Z87X-UD5H
  • 27% (99)
    Z87X-UD4H
  • 25% (91)
    Z87X-UD3H
  • 6% (25)
    Z87X-D3H
  • 1% (4)
    Z87-D3HP/HD3
  • 2% (10)
    Z87M/MX-HD3/D3H
  • 5% (20)
    Sniper Series
  • 13% (48)
    OC Series
364 Total Votes  
post #131 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

Something might be wrong whit your modules XMP i think, b/c what CPUz shows is a different kit than the one you are using...
It lists CPU speed but yea it lists chip, just pick a CPU speed.

Yeah, its been strange. Should I enter it manually? Might just send it back and get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104375, the CAS is higher though, dunno how that effects performance though.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #132 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

It lists CPU speed but yea it lists chip, just pick a CPU speed.

I picked 4.4ghz but it seems to only be doing 43 since I have a multi of 43 entered right under the upgrade setting. I'd expect the upgrade setting to overwrite anything I've entered. Am I supposed to set the vcore on auto too? Pretty much how do I get the "chip upgrade" to do all the work?

The same settings won't even let me boot using the F6C BIOS. Something is seriously wrong with that one. I hope GB releases some nice stable BIOS' soon.

Auto vcore started pull 1.44V for 4.3ghz but amazingly I'm barely under 90C running small FFTs lachen.gif
Exposed Silence
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5-4670k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Samsung Low Voltage 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 EVO 500GB NH-D14 w/ 2x NF-A15 Prolimatech MK-26 w/ 2x NF-S12A 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate HP ZR24W Ducky Shine 2 DK9008S2 Rosewill SilentNight 
CaseAudioAudioAudio
Lian Li PC-T60B audio-gd NFB-7.32 Krell KAV-400xi HiFiMan HE-6 
  hide details  
Reply
Exposed Silence
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5-4670k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Samsung Low Voltage 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 EVO 500GB NH-D14 w/ 2x NF-A15 Prolimatech MK-26 w/ 2x NF-S12A 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate HP ZR24W Ducky Shine 2 DK9008S2 Rosewill SilentNight 
CaseAudioAudioAudio
Lian Li PC-T60B audio-gd NFB-7.32 Krell KAV-400xi HiFiMan HE-6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #133 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

why don't you change the amp out? There is another AMP, you can try, but the audio volume is very high with the amp in you have to turn it way down compared to the normal output.

The opamps are more meant to alter the sound signature rather than cleaning up the signal, that's what the gold capacitors and PCB separation are supposed to do. I also don't see many people bother with switching them after a couple months of ownership so if the stock one is not good then something is wrong. And it doesn't matter what volume I'm on the noise is the same and very noticeable. Everything I adjust the volume there is a very loud hiss that emanates for 2 seconds and then goes away, noisy background all over again. Optical output is quite clean but that's about it for the positives.

Hopefully this is not a wide spread issue, but anyways I'm done with this board for now. The MSI is next, and if that doesn't work either I might try the Sabertooth or possibly the Intel board.
Ama-no-Iwato
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPower Max EVGA GTX 770 2GB ACX Patriot Viper 3 Intel Extreme Master Ltd. Ed. D... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD Samsung BD-ROM/DVD-RW Noctua NH-U12S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Dell S2340M Logitech G710+ Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom 820 Razer DeathAdder 2013 Edition Razer Manticor AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 
Audio
Fostex HP-A8 
  hide details  
Reply
Ama-no-Iwato
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPower Max EVGA GTX 770 2GB ACX Patriot Viper 3 Intel Extreme Master Ltd. Ed. D... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD Samsung BD-ROM/DVD-RW Noctua NH-U12S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Dell S2340M Logitech G710+ Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom 820 Razer DeathAdder 2013 Edition Razer Manticor AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 
Audio
Fostex HP-A8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #134 of 1852
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit85 View Post

Yeah, its been strange. Should I enter it manually? Might just send it back and get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104375, the CAS is higher though, dunno how that effects performance though.
IMOif you can return that kit I would, but honestly memory frequency has little effect on real life performance, even the difference between 1600mhz and 2400mhz is very small in real life. As long as you use like 1600mhz or 1866 you will not notice that much difference. Plus as frequency goes up latencies get looser and that hurts performance, but cas 9 to cas 10 isn't noticeable i doubt you'd even see a difference in AIDA64 because i bet the subtimings on the Kingston are tighter while on the g.skill they are looser to allow the tigher cas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhgourami View Post

I picked 4.4ghz but it seems to only be doing 43 since I have a multi of 43 entered right under the upgrade setting. I'd expect the upgrade setting to overwrite anything I've entered. Am I supposed to set the vcore on auto too? Pretty much how do I get the "chip upgrade" to do all the work?

The same settings won't even let me boot using the F6C BIOS. Something is seriously wrong with that one. I hope GB releases some nice stable BIOS' soon.

Auto vcore started pull 1.44V for 4.3ghz but amazingly I'm barely under 90C running small FFTs lachen.gif

Actually in the GBT UEFi any manual setting overrides any auto settings(auto even includes XMP) so if you set the multiplier it will go with it. biggrin.gif I would try to back down on the vcore with the auto settings. However if you set XMP and then set the memory multiplier that will override XMP, so let's say I have a 2666mhz kit and i set XMP and i set 28x, the board will set auto timings for most of the timings and XMP for the background timings the user can't change. Same goes for the auto OC profiles in the UEFI, they are supposed to be tested very thoroughly, and the easytune ones from what I see are popular in the DIY non-OC market. I would just change the multiplier to what you want and the vcore as well. Do realize that the vcore is usually high on these profiles.

About the audio, there are two AMPs provided and you can also use the non-AMP output, it is right above the S/PDIF output. I agree that the Core3Dcrystalizer software can sometimes cause distortion as well(i don't use it when testing the audio beucase one hsouldn't use the software enhancments), however I find that the AMP that comes with the board, the OPA is good for bass and lows, while the other amp is good for highs, that is one reason that they included both. If you don't like either you can use the other jack, the Core3D has a built in amp as well. However if you have a lot of noise I would RMA the board something isn't right. Especially if you have noise without anything playing... This is how it should sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHjoTm_bhmg

here take a look at the RMAA with the OPA amp and software disabled, you also have to change the bitrate and the frequency to higher settings for these results at the defaukt settings they aren't as good:
:

those are the RMAA results.
Edited by Sin0822 - 6/10/13 at 11:54pm
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #135 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

Actually in the GBT UEFi any manual setting overrides any auto settings(auto even includes XMP) so if you set the multiplier it will go with it. biggrin.gif I would try to back down on the vcore with the auto settings. However if you set XMP and then set the memory multiplier that will override XMP, so let's say I have a 2666mhz kit and i set XMP and i set 28x, the board will set auto timings for most of the timings and XMP for the background timings the user can't change. Same goes for the auto OC profiles in the UEFI, they are supposed to be tested very thoroughly, and the easytune ones from what I see are popular in the DIY non-OC market. I would just change the multiplier to what you want and the vcore as well. Do realize that the vcore is usually high on these profiles.

Seems like the chip upgrade settings and Easytune settings are exactly the same. Many of their values aren't much different from the ones I use manually either so I must be doing something right. I haven't played with any of the IO voltages though.

As for ram, I cannot select XMP as the Samsungs don't support that. I'll give the "performance settings" in BIOS and see what I can do with that...
Edited by ohhgourami - 6/11/13 at 12:11am
Exposed Silence
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5-4670k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Samsung Low Voltage 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 EVO 500GB NH-D14 w/ 2x NF-A15 Prolimatech MK-26 w/ 2x NF-S12A 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate HP ZR24W Ducky Shine 2 DK9008S2 Rosewill SilentNight 
CaseAudioAudioAudio
Lian Li PC-T60B audio-gd NFB-7.32 Krell KAV-400xi HiFiMan HE-6 
  hide details  
Reply
Exposed Silence
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5-4670k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Samsung Low Voltage 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 EVO 500GB NH-D14 w/ 2x NF-A15 Prolimatech MK-26 w/ 2x NF-S12A 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate HP ZR24W Ducky Shine 2 DK9008S2 Rosewill SilentNight 
CaseAudioAudioAudio
Lian Li PC-T60B audio-gd NFB-7.32 Krell KAV-400xi HiFiMan HE-6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #136 of 1852
Yep I get noise without playing anything. Technically I can ask amazon for a replacement but it has been sold out ATM and won't come back until 16th this month and I don't want to be motherboard-less for a week. So I opted for a refund instead and got the MSI in for a comparison.

And I just discovered another issue with it - crashing with all four memory slots being used. If I plug either pair (they're the same) into any position (1-2 or 3-4 for DC) everything is fine but as soon as all 4 are plugged in I get 5 BSOD's per hour, strangely never when playing games but just when casually browsing the web. After a quick googling it seems that tweaking the voltages may fix it but I'm not going to bother with that, if I paid 400 bucks for a piece of hardware I'd expect it to at least work correctly out of the box.
Ama-no-Iwato
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPower Max EVGA GTX 770 2GB ACX Patriot Viper 3 Intel Extreme Master Ltd. Ed. D... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD Samsung BD-ROM/DVD-RW Noctua NH-U12S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Dell S2340M Logitech G710+ Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom 820 Razer DeathAdder 2013 Edition Razer Manticor AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 
Audio
Fostex HP-A8 
  hide details  
Reply
Ama-no-Iwato
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPower Max EVGA GTX 770 2GB ACX Patriot Viper 3 Intel Extreme Master Ltd. Ed. D... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD Samsung BD-ROM/DVD-RW Noctua NH-U12S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Dell S2340M Logitech G710+ Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom 820 Razer DeathAdder 2013 Edition Razer Manticor AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 
Audio
Fostex HP-A8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #137 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPro View Post

The opamps are more meant to alter the sound signature rather than cleaning up the signal, that's what the gold capacitors and PCB separation are supposed to do. I also don't see many people bother with switching them after a couple months of ownership so if the stock one is not good then something is wrong. And it doesn't matter what volume I'm on the noise is the same and very noticeable. Everything I adjust the volume there is a very loud hiss that emanates for 2 seconds and then goes away, noisy background all over again. Optical output is quite clean but that's about it for the positives.

Hopefully this is not a wide spread issue, but anyways I'm done with this board for now. The MSI is next, and if that doesn't work either I might try the Sabertooth or possibly the Intel board.

damn i was determined to get the sniper 5 frown.gif
but will wait to see if Gigabyte releases a more stable Bios
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 5Ghz  ASUS ROG MAXIMUS V EXTREME Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Corsair Vengence 8Gb @ 2100MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 850 Pro 256GB XSPC Raystorm CPU Block XSPC Photon D5 270mm Reservoir  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC RX 480mm V3 Radiator XSPC 3/8, 5/8 Black Chrome Fittings Primochill Advanced LRT 3/8, 5/8 BloodShed Red ... Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung F8000 55'' Smart 3D LED Sony W300 40'' Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Silverstone Strider ST-1200G 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair OBSIDIAN 900D  Razer DeathAdder 2013 Razer Goliathus EXTENDED (Speed Edition) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz, CPU-NB @ 3Ghz MSI 990FXA-GD80 Nvidia 8800GT Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM LG Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 PRO 64-bit Sony 3D LED 46'' KDLNX720  Logitech ES100 Corsair TX750 
CaseMouse
Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 5Ghz  ASUS ROG MAXIMUS V EXTREME Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Corsair Vengence 8Gb @ 2100MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 850 Pro 256GB XSPC Raystorm CPU Block XSPC Photon D5 270mm Reservoir  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC RX 480mm V3 Radiator XSPC 3/8, 5/8 Black Chrome Fittings Primochill Advanced LRT 3/8, 5/8 BloodShed Red ... Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung F8000 55'' Smart 3D LED Sony W300 40'' Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Silverstone Strider ST-1200G 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair OBSIDIAN 900D  Razer DeathAdder 2013 Razer Goliathus EXTENDED (Speed Edition) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz, CPU-NB @ 3Ghz MSI 990FXA-GD80 Nvidia 8800GT Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM LG Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 PRO 64-bit Sony 3D LED 46'' KDLNX720  Logitech ES100 Corsair TX750 
CaseMouse
Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #138 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

IMOif you can return that kit I would, but honestly memory frequency has little effect on real life performance, even the difference between 1600mhz and 2400mhz is very small in real life. As long as you use like 1600mhz or 1866 you will not notice that much difference. Plus as frequency goes up latencies get looser and that hurts performance, but cas 9 to cas 10 isn't noticeable i doubt you'd even see a difference in AIDA64 because i bet the subtimings on the Kingston are tighter while on the g.skill they are looser to allow the tigher cas.

Thanks, I'm going to do that. Last thing I want is any instability in my system. I want to make sure i'm 100% rock sold before I start OCing. Also it would be a jump from CAS 9 to CAS 11. Just wanna make sure im not swapping to a slower ram

Can I bother you with one more question? I used the 4pin header at the top, I think it was listed system fan for my AiO cooler fans, the thing was it wasn't spinning them up with CPU temp. When the fans are plugged into the CPU header they spin up and down without issue. Is there a BIOS setting im missing?
Edited by Fahrenheit85 - 6/11/13 at 2:06am
post #139 of 1852
Hello!

Well I have some good news.

So using 1.2v vcore, 2.0 vrin, 1.1 ring voltage, I'm about 7 hours prime 95 stable now. I had tried the same speed with higher vcore but not tweaking these other settings and it failed miserably. So it pays to be patient and tweak everything.

post #140 of 1852
Weird question but..

Anyone overclocking on Windows 8? My computer keeps going to sleep during my stress testing. It's really frickin annoying...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Z87X-UD3/4/5/7 & All Other GBT Z87 Including TH Club/Discussion/Issue Report Club.