Overclock.net › Forums › Distributed Computing › Distributed Computing - General › [Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies Club And General Information Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies Club And General Information Thread - Page 672

post #6711 of 22529
my rig hashes @ 1000 hashes per second per watt (mining at ~600kh/s, while killawatt reads around 600W from wall).

AMD cards can do twice that khash/watt

i am buying a non reference 290x as soon as they come out.
yunojelly
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K P8P67 EVO GTX Titan 560 Ti GE 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB 1600/CL8 64GB C300 RAID0 128GB M4 256GB M4 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
NH-D14 Windows 8 Pro VP2770-LED 850AX 
Case
PCV1020B 
  hide details  
Reply
yunojelly
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K P8P67 EVO GTX Titan 560 Ti GE 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB 1600/CL8 64GB C300 RAID0 128GB M4 256GB M4 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
NH-D14 Windows 8 Pro VP2770-LED 850AX 
Case
PCV1020B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6712 of 22529


I'm getting better Khash with my 780 Ti's than I am with my 7970. Quite interesting.

I have 3 more 780 Ti's I'm installing today, so I should have some decent hashing power, along with my 5870 and 7970. thumb.gif

These 2 do push my double thick 360 rad pretty hard though. They run about 15-20C hotter when mining using cuda miner than they do gaming.

What's great is, this system is completely stable for browsing/watching videos/etc, even while I'm CPU Mining using PTS Miner smile.gif
Edited by HighTemplar - 12/23/13 at 12:13pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz 1.36v Asus P8P67 WS Revolution EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 32GB Gskill 2133mhz Intel 520 60GB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Vertex 2 240GB SSD Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM HDD External USB 3.0 3TB HDD Samsung Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
RX360 CPU only loop (for now) Windows 8.1 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K Resolution Steelseries 6G v2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Corsair C60 Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz 1.36v Asus P8P67 WS Revolution EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 32GB Gskill 2133mhz Intel 520 60GB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Vertex 2 240GB SSD Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM HDD External USB 3.0 3TB HDD Samsung Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
RX360 CPU only loop (for now) Windows 8.1 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K Resolution Steelseries 6G v2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Corsair C60 Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6713 of 22529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster_is_better View Post

Yes.

And you just write the .img file to a USB and off it goes ?
The Watt Gobbler
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K Asrock FM2A75 Pro 4 Powercolour HD 7850 2GB vengeance 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 320 GB Samsung 840 250GB SSD Samsung Super Writemaster Zalman CNPS 5X 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Win 7 Pro 64 Mint 15 Dell VGA 1280x1024 NEC DVI 1280x1024 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic 22" HDMI New wireless junk Silverstone Strider Essential 600W Akasa Omega 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Urage 5 button gamer Don't bother with one. Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
The Watt Gobbler
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K Asrock FM2A75 Pro 4 Powercolour HD 7850 2GB vengeance 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 320 GB Samsung 840 250GB SSD Samsung Super Writemaster Zalman CNPS 5X 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Win 7 Pro 64 Mint 15 Dell VGA 1280x1024 NEC DVI 1280x1024 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic 22" HDMI New wireless junk Silverstone Strider Essential 600W Akasa Omega 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Urage 5 button gamer Don't bother with one. Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6714 of 22529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightly skewed View Post

Comparatively, for the same price as one 780ti (two 280x's) yeilds ~1500khash. So no, nvidia is still garbage for mining.
I don't know what you people are doing that yeilds such terrible hashrates for your cards, but they are waaaaay low. A gtx660 non ti should be yeilding around 210-250 khash. 660ti should be up to 280-290 khash.

I finally got my gtx670 up to 210 kh/s and thought I was do awesome.

Now I find out I am still 80-100 behind.
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Crosshair V Formula MSI GTX 670 Reference Patriot Memory  
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Patriot Memory  Patriot Memory  Patriot Memory  1 Corsair Force 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 Hitachi and 1 Seagate 1 Hitachi LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Combo & DVD Drive Corsair H100 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows Se7en Ultimate Panasonic LCD & Acer P236H Thermaltake TR2 RX 750watt CoolerMaster Storm Scout Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Crosshair V Formula MSI GTX 670 Reference Patriot Memory  
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Patriot Memory  Patriot Memory  Patriot Memory  1 Corsair Force 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 Hitachi and 1 Seagate 1 Hitachi LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Combo & DVD Drive Corsair H100 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows Se7en Ultimate Panasonic LCD & Acer P236H Thermaltake TR2 RX 750watt CoolerMaster Storm Scout Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6715 of 22529
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbiscuit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster_is_better View Post

Yes.

And you just write the .img file to a USB and off it goes ?

You have to modify 2 or 3 config files to suit your settings, but yes, total install could be in about 15 minutes if you know all the steps. I need to write an extensive noob friendly guide for it. This one, actually covers almost all of it. I see at least 1 step missing though from that one, you have to add your pools to the pools.conf file as well.
post #6716 of 22529
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTemplar View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I'm getting better Khash with my 780 Ti's than I am with my 7970. Quite interesting.

I have 3 more 780 Ti's I'm installing today, so I should have some decent hashing power, along with my 5870 and 7970. thumb.gif

These 2 do push my double thick 360 rad pretty hard though. They run about 15-20C hotter when mining using cuda miner than they do gaming.

What's great is, this system is completely stable for browsing/watching videos/etc, even while I'm CPU Mining using PTS Miner smile.gif


I suspect there's something wrong with your settings on your 7970, or the 7970 itself if your 780Ti's are besting it in hashing power. Looking at your screenies, my 7950 TF3 is popping an extra 100 kh/s avg. over your 780Ti's. Granted, my TF3 oc's a good deal better than the vast majority, but... It's something you might want to look into as far as the 7970 is concerned.

Very impressive on the 780Ti's though, congratulations. smile.gif
post #6717 of 22529
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceProjection View Post

I suspect there's something wrong with your settings on your 7970, or the 7970 itself if your 780Ti's are besting it in hashing power. Looking at your screenies, my 7950 TF3 is popping an extra 100 kh/s avg. over your 780Ti's. Granted, my TF3 oc's a good deal better than the vast majority, but... It's something you might want to look into as far as the 7970 is concerned.

Very impressive on the 780Ti's though, congratulations. smile.gif

Yeah, I SHOULD be getting more with my 7970, but as with the other people that own the crappy XFX DD 7970s, they don't overvolt or OC well. I have to run cgminer with a single CPU thread to get the best performance. Using 2 threads which some people suggest, gets me like 400 kh/s. 1 thread with more concurrency gets me around 550 kh/s. It should be far better, but after 2 hours of trying about 10 different settings, and the fact that the GPU is a terrible OC'er, I gave up and within 5 minutes, each one of my 780 Ti's (which are Classifieds, and good overclockers, were destroying my 7970.

I've got 3 more 780 Ti's, that OC as well or better than these two, but are on air instead of water, as well as a 780 Classified on air, and a 5870 on water that needs to be added.

I tried reviving some old Q6600 rigs to use as the base station for the GPUs, but they've been collecting dust too long and didn't want to start up for me. One wouldn't give me a video signal, the other gave me a POST error code on the LED display, and hung at the BIOS screen.

So yeah, I'll be picking up a cheap AMD mobo with 4-5 PCI-e slots, and using that as the base station, with some PCIe risers.

Given the amount of KH/s I can achieve with the 780 Ti's, they aren't much worse of a per watt cost per kh/s than the 7950/7970, which since I own them already, it's' much better than buying a bunch of Tahiti cards off of people that have been abused for years off of Ebay. lol

I was going to sell my GK110 cards, but I figure I can make a few bucks off of them mining DOGE, Galaxycoin, or whatever happens to be trending over the next few weeks.

I've already mined about 30k DOGE since yesterday, so it's pretty decent with Nvidia cards.

The latest cudaminer release gave us Nvidia owners a fighting chance. No longer is it an AMD only race.


It's a shame however, because I used to own about 7 7970s before swapping them for GK104, and then GK110.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz 1.36v Asus P8P67 WS Revolution EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 32GB Gskill 2133mhz Intel 520 60GB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Vertex 2 240GB SSD Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM HDD External USB 3.0 3TB HDD Samsung Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
RX360 CPU only loop (for now) Windows 8.1 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K Resolution Steelseries 6G v2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Corsair C60 Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz 1.36v Asus P8P67 WS Revolution EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 32GB Gskill 2133mhz Intel 520 60GB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Vertex 2 240GB SSD Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM HDD External USB 3.0 3TB HDD Samsung Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
RX360 CPU only loop (for now) Windows 8.1 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K Resolution Steelseries 6G v2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Corsair C60 Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6718 of 22529
Has anyone checked out Unobtainium (UNO)? I hear it's trending up pretty well these days.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz 1.36v Asus P8P67 WS Revolution EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 32GB Gskill 2133mhz Intel 520 60GB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Vertex 2 240GB SSD Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM HDD External USB 3.0 3TB HDD Samsung Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
RX360 CPU only loop (for now) Windows 8.1 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K Resolution Steelseries 6G v2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Corsair C60 Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz 1.36v Asus P8P67 WS Revolution EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 32GB Gskill 2133mhz Intel 520 60GB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Vertex 2 240GB SSD Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM HDD External USB 3.0 3TB HDD Samsung Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
RX360 CPU only loop (for now) Windows 8.1 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K Resolution Steelseries 6G v2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Corsair C60 Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6719 of 22529
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealio View Post

my rig hashes @ 1000 hashes per second per watt (mining at ~600kh/s, while killawatt reads around 600W from wall).

AMD cards can do twice that khash/watt

i am buying a non reference 290x as soon as they come out.

I get around 1400 hashes per watt with 2 780 Ti's. Still not the best, but it scales better when you have more than 1 GPU, because of the overhead.

872 watts from the wall with my 2 cards @ stock voltage @ 1254mhz.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz 1.36v Asus P8P67 WS Revolution EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 32GB Gskill 2133mhz Intel 520 60GB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Vertex 2 240GB SSD Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM HDD External USB 3.0 3TB HDD Samsung Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
RX360 CPU only loop (for now) Windows 8.1 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K Resolution Steelseries 6G v2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Corsair C60 Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz 1.36v Asus P8P67 WS Revolution EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified @ 1285mhz 1.212v 32GB Gskill 2133mhz Intel 520 60GB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Vertex 2 240GB SSD Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM HDD External USB 3.0 3TB HDD Samsung Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
RX360 CPU only loop (for now) Windows 8.1 Samsung U28D590D 28" 4K Resolution Steelseries 6G v2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Corsair C60 Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6720 of 22529
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTemplar View Post

Yeah, I SHOULD be getting more with my 7970, but as with the other people that own the crappy XFX DD 7970s, they don't overvolt or OC well. I have to run cgminer with a single CPU thread to get the best performance. Using 2 threads which some people suggest, gets me like 400 kh/s. 1 thread with more concurrency gets me around 550 kh/s. It should be far better, but after 2 hours of trying about 10 different settings, and the fact that the GPU is a terrible OC'er, I gave up and within 5 minutes, each one of my 780 Ti's (which are Classifieds, and good overclockers, were destroying my 7970.

I've got 3 more 780 Ti's, that OC as well or better than these two, but are on air instead of water, as well as a 780 Classified on air, and a 5870 on water that needs to be added.

I tried reviving some old Q6600 rigs to use as the base station for the GPUs, but they've been collecting dust too long and didn't want to start up for me. One wouldn't give me a video signal, the other gave me a POST error code on the LED display, and hung at the BIOS screen.

So yeah, I'll be picking up a cheap AMD mobo with 4-5 PCI-e slots, and using that as the base station, with some PCIe risers.

Given the amount of KH/s I can achieve with the 780 Ti's, they aren't much worse of a per watt cost per kh/s than the 7950/7970, which since I own them already, it's' much better than buying a bunch of Tahiti cards off of people that have been abused for years off of Ebay. lol

I was going to sell my GK110 cards, but I figure I can make a few bucks off of them mining DOGE, Galaxycoin, or whatever happens to be trending over the next few weeks.

I've already mined about 30k DOGE since yesterday, so it's pretty decent with Nvidia cards.

The latest cudaminer release gave us Nvidia owners a fighting chance. No longer is it an AMD only race.


It's a shame however, because I used to own about 7 7970s before swapping them for GK104, and then GK110.



Ouch, well, it's killing me because I was planning on getting a 780Ti Classy under water to game on so I WOULDN'T be tempted to mine on it. biggrin.gif Thanks for ruining that plan CudaMiner! Lol! tongue.gif


That sucks about your XFX DD, and it's unfortunately not an uncommon story with those cards. XFX went downhill big time in the past few years since nVidia cut them off, no doubt. :/ Where AMD cards are concerned, I haven't bought anything outside of MSI since my Sapphire 5870 E-6 cards. Still, my httpc was sporting a couple of MSI 5770 TF Hawks even in that very same generation.


Yeah, I'm with you on that one. I wouldn't touch some old, beat down Ebay cards either. Now that prices are coming back down on the R9 290(x's also), I'm going to pick up a pair and drop some blocks on them too. wink.gif


I've been keeping an eye on UNO, but between the selling price difference on Coins-e & Cryptsy, I'm not entirely convinced that it's worth switching yet.
Edited by ForceProjection - 12/23/13 at 2:28pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Distributed Computing - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Distributed Computing › Distributed Computing - General › [Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies Club And General Information Thread