Overclock.net › Forums › Distributed Computing › Distributed Computing - General › [Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies Club And General Information Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies Club And General Information Thread - Page 742

post #7411 of 22535
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam51037 View Post

Guys, if you had an opportunity to sell a Gigabyte WF3 for $375, would you do it?

I'm in this position, sell, or keep mining with it. If I sold it, I'd be down to just a 7850 mining at around 370KH/s, so about a third of my current total power.

I'd like to say yes, but it depends what you need the money for. It's to bad 280x went sky high as well, otherwise you could have just bought one of those and kept a small profit from your older card. If you're still into mining you might as well keep it, they won't lose value for a while longer at least.
post #7412 of 22535
I'd sell it ASAP. There have been stray deals on R9 290s for $399. I actually know a website where you can still back order an R9 290 for just $412. It will take some weeks for it to come in, but still it shows that you have the opportunity to sell your old card and get a much better one for nearly the same money you sold the 7950.

There was also an r9 280x deal for $320 at Fry's online for a small period of time.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 Dell 0R849J Sapphire Radeon 7950 @ 1125MHz/1375MHz (1.175v) 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
640GB Western Digital Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit 20" Dell S2009W 1600 x 900 Corsair GS 600 Watt 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 Dell 0R849J Sapphire Radeon 7950 @ 1125MHz/1375MHz (1.175v) 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
640GB Western Digital Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit 20" Dell S2009W 1600 x 900 Corsair GS 600 Watt 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7413 of 22535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koogiking View Post

I'd sell it ASAP. There have been stray deals on R9 290s for $399. I actually know a website where you can still back order an R9 290 for just $412. It will take some weeks for it to come in, but still it shows that you have the opportunity to sell your old card and get a much better one for nearly the same money you sold the 7950.

There was also an r9 280x deal for $320 at Fry's online for a small period of time.

I paid $289 for my 280x at Frys... but then again that was before everyone and their grandmother was looking for them. biggrin.gif
post #7414 of 22535
Got a question for people who use Putty or something similar for administering miner rigs running on Linux. Say I started up CGminer on one of the network computers, and then I close my Putty session. Is it possible to log in again and open up the instance of CGminer that is currently running, that I started in the last session?
post #7415 of 22535
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccRicers View Post

Got a question for people who use Putty or something similar for administering miner rigs running on Linux. Say I started up CGminer on one of the network computers, and then I close my Putty session. Is it possible to log in again and open up the instance of CGminer that is currently running, that I started in the last session?

screen will do that for you.

sudo apt-get install screen
sudo screen -S *name of the session you want to resume later*
run cgminer or whatever
hit ctrl+a
hit d to detach the 'screen' and leave it running in the background.

To resume the session, ssh into the rig and type:
sudo screen -r *sessionname*

I love screen biggrin.gif
post #7416 of 22535
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

screen will do that for you.

sudo apt-get install screen
sudo screen -S *name of the session you want to resume later*
run cgminer or whatever
hit ctrl+a
hit d to detach the 'screen' and leave it running in the background.

To resume the session, ssh into the rig and type:
sudo screen -r *sessionname*

I love screen biggrin.gif

Thanks, +Rep. I'm going to try that when I get back home.
post #7417 of 22535
I'm running GUIminer and had no problems. But the past 2 days after about 3 hours my miners will stop and my computer will freeze


Has anyone else had this happen or know why it would?
post #7418 of 22535
Quote:
Originally Posted by meckert15834 View Post

I'm running GUIminer and had no problems. But the past 2 days after about 3 hours my miners will stop and my computer will freeze


Has anyone else had this happen or know why it would?

Do your miners drop all the way to 0 kh/s? Or see a big increase of memory and swap space consumption?
post #7419 of 22535
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccRicers View Post

Do your miners drop all the way to 0 kh/s? Or see a big increase of memory and swap space consumption?

I honestly don't know. I keep an eye on my pool from my phone. And I just notice all my miners are down. So i check my computer and its froze so I have no way of checking what my cards were doing since its froze
post #7420 of 22535
Quote:
Originally Posted by meckert15834 View Post

I honestly don't know. I keep an eye on my pool from my phone. And I just notice all my miners are down. So i check my computer and its froze so I have no way of checking what my cards were doing since its froze

Do to event viewer to see what happened.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Distributed Computing - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Distributed Computing › Distributed Computing - General › [Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies Club And General Information Thread