Overclock.net › Forums › Distributed Computing › Distributed Computing - General › [Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies Club And General Information Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies Club And General Information Thread - Page 9

post #81 of 22021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis158 View Post

i thought i read about a recent problem with FTC that would cause it to crash?

FTC went under attack recently. Some pools are down.
RigI
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570K Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 Sapphire Radeon 7950 Kingston Hyper-X DDR3-1600MHz 16GB 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M5S-128GB WD Caviar Black 1.5TB Asus DRW-24D3ST Coolermaster Hyper Evo 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64Bit LG Flatron IPS224 Coolermaster Quickfire TK Corsair HX850v2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 350D Logitech G500s Steelseries 3HD Audinist MX2 
AudioAudio
Ultrasone DJ-1 Westone 4R 
  hide details  
Reply
RigI
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570K Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 Sapphire Radeon 7950 Kingston Hyper-X DDR3-1600MHz 16GB 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M5S-128GB WD Caviar Black 1.5TB Asus DRW-24D3ST Coolermaster Hyper Evo 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64Bit LG Flatron IPS224 Coolermaster Quickfire TK Corsair HX850v2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 350D Logitech G500s Steelseries 3HD Audinist MX2 
AudioAudio
Ultrasone DJ-1 Westone 4R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #82 of 22021
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieJon View Post

FTC went under attack recently. Some pools are down.
Quote:
Because of the high hashrate the attacker was also overwhelmed by automatic coin choice pools.

The result was that many scrypt miners turned to FTC which snowballed. The attacker still managed to get some coin. But again this shows that a 51% injection and a full attack are different things.

To fully attack you must:

Gain 51% of the mining power.
SUSTAIN the 51% mining power.
Orphan legitimate block generation.
Get people to confirm your blocks.

There is a misconception that mining helps the attacker. Yes, it helps the attacker to confirm some of his false coins. BUT, as soon as the rest of the network reaches higher rate than his, the ledger gets reorganized.

This would have been a hell of a lot worse without automatic coin choice pools. They routed a ton of hashpower at FTC. This broke the attacker's control of the blockchain.

FTC's blockchain was messed up due to attack (see http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?topic=1463.0)

Happened before on May 25? http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?topic=853.0
Edited by AlphaC - 6/9/13 at 7:59pm
Workstation stuff
(407 photos)
SpecViewperf 12.0.1
(158 photos)
 
Reply
Workstation stuff
(407 photos)
SpecViewperf 12.0.1
(158 photos)
 
Reply
post #83 of 22021
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

Huh?
Ok... what are vectors and worksize and how do you determine how many threads? I don't understand.

And shaders and thread currency... what are those and how to determine?

And please don't just link me to that chart and tell me to find my card and try those. Just tell me what they are please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

Yeah... that's my issue. LOL

You need to do some reading and testing on your own, that's it.
I suggested a few values and a precise procedure, be my guest and follow it. thumb.gif

-g is the amount of threads you run, 2 works best for 7970s, 1 for 7950s.
-w is the size of the work units and affects how much vram and system ram is used when mining along with thread concurrency. I reccomend to start with 64 and go up in 64 intervals till you reach 256. Just to make sure that's not causing problems.
-i is intensity, start with 13 which almost all cards can handle, then go up till you reach 19 or 20 for 7950s, and stay at 13 for 7970s but add 1 more thread.

Do this one at a time, first start with -g 1, -w 64, -i 13 and --thread-concurrency 8192. If that works, no hw, nor crashes, then keep upping thread concurrency in 256 intervals till it does fail. Go down a notch, till you get the most hash rate and wu=xx/m (top right corner in cgminer/bfgminer)
Once you got the max TC value figured out, you can work on -w, start with 64, then 128 and finally 256.
Last try with intensity...simple.
post #84 of 22021
I have 3 of my rigs down atm doing alot of cooling changes..and the one failed swiftech Apogee Drive II is down till further notice.

But i will prolly mine at Multi pool when i get back up and running so i can make the most profit i can.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 22021
Thread Starter 
I was trying to split my cards, the 6950 mining at multipool pulling 420kh/s and the 7950 mining at 50btc doing 600mh/s but I keep getting errors with scrypt.
My system ram seems to be faulty now so I can't really mine alt coins coins till I receive my rma'd MVG. frown.gif
Mining BTC with 980mh/s is rather decent though, so I can't really complain.
post #86 of 22021
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

I was trying to split my cards, the 6950 mining at multipool pulling 420kh/s and the 7950 mining at 50btc doing 600mh/s but I keep getting errors with scrypt.
My system ram seems to be faulty now so I can't really mine alt coins coins till I receive my rma'd MVG. frown.gif
Mining BTC with 980mh/s is rather decent though, so I can't really complain.

Cannot try to mine alt coins with Gui Miner?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #87 of 22021
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

Cannot try to mine alt coins with Gui Miner?

I already tried many things, but I can't get the stuff I used to do to work anymore. I've discussed it with some pro guys who have mining farms and we came to the conclusion that it was my system ram that was causing the issues.
post #88 of 22021
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

I already tried many things, but I can't get the stuff I used to do to work anymore. I've discussed it with some pro guys who have mining farms and we came to the conclusion that it was my system ram that was causing the issues.

That sucks atleast ram is cheap..

Well about to watch Falling Skies lol bb around 1am Est thread is yours wink.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 22021
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

Huh?
Ok... what are vectors and worksize and how do you determine how many threads? I don't understand.

And shaders and thread currency... what are those and how to determine?

And please don't just link me to that chart and tell me to find my card and try those. Just tell me what they are please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

Yeah... that's my issue. LOL

You need to do some reading and testing on your own, that's it.
I suggested a few values and a precise procedure, be my guest and follow it. thumb.gif

-g is the amount of threads you run, 2 works best for 7970s, 1 for 7950s.
-w is the size of the work units and affects how much vram and system ram is used when mining along with thread concurrency. I reccomend to start with 64 and go up in 64 intervals till you reach 256. Just to make sure that's not causing problems.
-i is intensity, start with 13 which almost all cards can handle, then go up till you reach 19 or 20 for 7950s, and stay at 13 for 7970s but add 1 more thread.

Do this one at a time, first start with -g 1, -w 64, -i 13 and --thread-concurrency 8192. If that works, no hw, nor crashes, then keep upping thread concurrency in 256 intervals till it does fail. Go down a notch, till you get the most hash rate and wu=xx/m (top right corner in cgminer/bfgminer)
Once you got the max TC value figured out, you can work on -w, start with 64, then 128 and finally 256.
Last try with intensity...simple.

I hate getting values from someone without the why. And I didn't know where to begin reading up. Every where I looked are just "hey I got same card as you, try these values". And everytime someone suggest me values, they only drops my hash rates. Even had several folks tell me to drop my core clocks but up my RAM. Upping vram has been great. Dropping clocks, not so much.

I'm going to try your procedure now. Why start with -g 1 though out of curiosity?
My gaming desk
(14 items)
 
Miner
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Sapphire 290x Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 460 WD 1TB Blue Koolance 380A EK-FC R9-290X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Pro Panel DUCKY! Antec HCP 850W 
CaseMouse
Hand built wooden desk Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10 7850K ASUS A88X-Pro Sapphire 280x Sapphire 280x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Patriot Viper Xtreme Div4 1866mhz 60GB Vertex2 WD Caviar 500AAKS XSPC Rasa 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit EVGA 1000W G2 Thermaltake Level 10 GTS 
  hide details  
Reply
My gaming desk
(14 items)
 
Miner
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Sapphire 290x Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 460 WD 1TB Blue Koolance 380A EK-FC R9-290X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Pro Panel DUCKY! Antec HCP 850W 
CaseMouse
Hand built wooden desk Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10 7850K ASUS A88X-Pro Sapphire 280x Sapphire 280x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Patriot Viper Xtreme Div4 1866mhz 60GB Vertex2 WD Caviar 500AAKS XSPC Rasa 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit EVGA 1000W G2 Thermaltake Level 10 GTS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 22021
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

I hate getting values from someone without the why. And I didn't know where to begin reading up. Every where I looked are just "hey I got same card as you, try these values". And everytime someone suggest me values, they only drops my hash rates. Even had several folks tell me to drop my core clocks but up my RAM. Upping vram has been great. Dropping clocks, not so much.

I'm going to try your procedure now. Why start with -g 1 though out of curiosity?

You start with the least demanding values in general, and then tweak each one of them, one at a time. Each variable stresses the card in a different way.
You can't go and overclock memory timings without first testing your cpu oc at stock ram clocks/timings. You would never know what fails exaclty if you get a bsod. Same idea applies to mining.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Distributed Computing - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Distributed Computing › Distributed Computing - General › [Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies Club And General Information Thread