Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › A10-6800k v FX-8230
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A10-6800k v FX-8230

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hello there to AMD users;)
Well after 6 years 'swimming' on intel sea I was thinking to jump again to AMD. I had AMD pc's from 1994 (386DX 40 mhz was my first PC:D )
Now ...The truth comes out.
I was think to make some update.Only AMD in my mind since Intel CPU's (i3,i5,i7) they have high price for what they gives in my opinion.Of couse they have lower power consumpion but thats another story.
I have the current specs (Custom pc, I built it years ago)
Case:Collermaster HAF 932 (full tower)
Mobo:Asrock P45X3 Deluxe
CPU:QQ6600 (overclocked at 3Ghz)
DDR3 8G (gskill 2x4 1600mhz)
Gfx:XFXHD5770 1G DDR5
HardDisk:WD caviar black 1T
Monitor:LG 21.5 inch with 1920x1080
PSU: 550W OCZ
I was wait for A10-6800k comes out.It comes ofc but ....There Fx cpu's as well.I compare prices and I am still confused what to buy so to jump .
The only reason I use PC's is gamming, mostly MMO's .2 combinations comes in my mind :
1 .CPU:A10-6800k+Ascrock A85X Extreme4+8g new ram at 2400 mhz.This 3 things is around 290-300 euros
2 .CPU FX8320+Ascrock 990fx pro3. This combination is around 248 euros (since I dont need new speed up ram, 1600 will do fine job)
And here the confusion begin tongue.gif
1: A10 6800k is capable to run 1080p resolutions at least in med graphics? (with 2400 mhz ram but without extra gfx card)Propably cant dual-crossfire with my 5770.
2: What about as stand alone CPU with my card?And to have the igp as back up since if i have this I will not need buy extra one.
3.Or ..buying the fx8320 with new Am3+ mobo (990)? The AM3+ socket have some years life in feature?
Thanks for reading, I need your suggestions so spam this thread as many as you can band.gif
post #2 of 6
I would go for an FX cpu in your case, FX cpu's will still be great in the future and you will keep the possibility to upgrade your GFX card instead of buying a new APU.

Buying a FX8320 or FX6300 is best for gaming. I assume games in the future will benefit more of multiple cores/threads. Also if you would plan to use a dedicated GPU along with the A10, you will be bottlenecked more easily as compared to the FX8320/6300. The FX8320 will beat the A10 on speed with ease in applications .

If you plan on using crossfire, I recommend using the 990 chipset for your motherboard.
On the part of graphical power, it is better to buy a dedicated GPU instead of an APU for gaming.

Hope this helps you a bit wink.gif
Edited by Xaniz - 6/7/13 at 2:39am
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaniz View Post

I would go for an FX cpu in your case, FX cpu's will still be great in the future and you will keep the possibility to upgrade your GFX card instead of buying a new APU.

Buying a FX8320 or FX6300 is best for gaming. I assume games in the future will benefit more of multiple cores/threads. Also if you would plan to use a dedicated GPU along with the A10, you will be bottlenecked more easily as compared to the FX8320/6300. The FX8320 will beat the A10 on speed with ease in applications .

If you plan on using crossfire, I recommend using the 990 chipset for your motherboard.
On the part of graphical power, it is better to buy a dedicated GPU instead of an APU for gaming.

Hope this helps you a bit wink.gif
Thx for the reply.Fx then plus I have this http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/cpu/047/scang1100-detail.html as my current cpu cooling I hope it fits on AM3+..or the stock is good from 8230?
post #4 of 6
If I understand you correctly you say you will NOT be purchasing a new graphics card? If that is the case, you will see huge increases in your graphics and CPU performance buy purchasing the 6800K than if you just got the FX chip and a new motherboard and you still have the option to run crossfire with the 6670 graphics card for bout 50-70 dollars if you needed it. The APU is the cheapest way to go to get a high increase in performance power from what you have now. If you just swapped out the motherboard and processor without upgrading your graphics card you would see a CPU performance increase, but I doubt you would see any increase in your gaming experience beside faster load times. Not without upgrading your dedicated GPU.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darias View Post

Thx for the reply.Fx then plus I have this http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/cpu/047/scang1100-detail.html as my current cpu cooling I hope it fits on AM3+..or the stock is good from 8230?


Any cooler that fits on a AM2/AM2+/AM3 will fit on AM3+, so it will fit if you still got the brackets.
The stock is very loud under load and would not recommend using it because of this.
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4natos View Post

If I understand you correctly you say you will NOT be purchasing a new graphics card? If that is the case, you will see huge increases in your graphics and CPU performance buy purchasing the 6800K than if you just got the FX chip and a new motherboard and you still have the option to run crossfire with the 6670 graphics card for bout 50-70 dollars if you needed it. The APU is the cheapest way to go to get a high increase in performance power from what you have now. If you just swapped out the motherboard and processor without upgrading your graphics card you would see a CPU performance increase, but I doubt you would see any increase in your gaming experience beside faster load times. Not without upgrading your dedicated GPU.
There is this option as well.But To have nice results for APU need faster ram than I have now.1600mhz with 2400mhz I thing is a big diffrence.For that needs + 67-70e's. But ..
Instead of give this money for new ram, when I decide to update dedicated GPU I can put them there.The only negative thing is my gfx card dont 'blow' up within this time biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › A10-6800k v FX-8230