Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [AMD] Latest graphics cards on display for E3 next week
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[AMD] Latest graphics cards on display for E3 next week - Page 25  

post #241 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Figures in Euro and btw the price didn't drop here at all

It says SLOWLY. US price drop is already in place at 635$. This is just the beginning. EURO-US price will soon be stabilized, just wait.
post #242 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukerobi View Post

Hmm... Nvidia's price drop could be due to several different factors.. Perhaps they are just trying to stay competitive with the drop in AMD prices?

Uhm, HD 8000 is the only reason they want to decrease their price.
post #243 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

It says SLOWLY. US price drop is already in place at 635$. This is just the beginning. EURO-US price will soon be stabilized, just wait.
Yeah just it doesn't go for most of Europe really.
Actually the MSRP of the Titan was 800 Euro and it never not even now reached that price this price drop is gonna take 10 euro off at best.
post #244 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Yeah just it doesn't go for most of Europe really.
Actually the MSRP of the Titan was 800 Euro and it never not even now reached that price this price drop is gonna take 10 euro off at best.

That is not how the marketing works. Price drops are usually a rounded number(ends with 0) to match a concrete number(aka, +_ 50, Ex; 550, 500-this goes for reference cards as far as I am aware). We are looking at 50$ here at least.

Why you ever want to take Titan in a consideration?! It does not influence on 780`price in anyway. It was confirmed by Nvidia sometime ago.
The regular GTX series have the same trend of a price drop.
post #245 of 261
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

Uhm, HD 8000 is the only reason they want to decrease their price.

Don't speculate too much..
Thats definitely not the ONLY reason to lower prices...

They could be trying to boost Q2 sales before it ends
Inventory could be too high
Responses to competitor pricing is also extremely common
Sales could be dropping

There a lot of reasons to lower prices.. although an expected announcement seems like an unlikely reason
Nerdgasm
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Processor Z87X-OC Force-CF EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Classified Hydro Co... EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Classified Hydro Co... 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Classified Hydro Co... Corsair Vengence Mushkin Enhanced MKNSSDCR240GB-DX7 2.5" 240GB S... Seagate STBD4000400 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC AX360 Radiator XSPC Twin D5 Dual 5.25" Bay Clear Reservoir XSPC Raystorm EK GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC Force Full Board Cooling... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Black Ice GT Xtreme 140 Radiator Windows 7 64 Overlord Computers Tempest X270OC @120hz Overlord Computers Tempest X270OC @120hz 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 NZXT Phantom 820 Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Nerdgasm
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Processor Z87X-OC Force-CF EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Classified Hydro Co... EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Classified Hydro Co... 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Classified Hydro Co... Corsair Vengence Mushkin Enhanced MKNSSDCR240GB-DX7 2.5" 240GB S... Seagate STBD4000400 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC AX360 Radiator XSPC Twin D5 Dual 5.25" Bay Clear Reservoir XSPC Raystorm EK GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC Force Full Board Cooling... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Black Ice GT Xtreme 140 Radiator Windows 7 64 Overlord Computers Tempest X270OC @120hz Overlord Computers Tempest X270OC @120hz 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 NZXT Phantom 820 Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
post #246 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukerobi View Post

Don't speculate too much..
Thats definitely not the ONLY reason to lower prices...

They could be trying to boost Q2 sales before it ends
Inventory could be too high
Responses to competitor pricing is also extremely common
Sales could be dropping

There a lot of reasons to lower prices.. although an expected announcement seems like an unlikely reason

Those reasons are true but Nvidia Vendors have never lowered the price on their cards this fast because of these. Plus not every Vendor experiences those problems listed above.

If you mean 8000 series by an announcement, then,

...

BTW; You do own gtx 780?
post #247 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

That is not how the marketing works. Price drops are usually a rounded number(ends with 0) to match a concrete number(aka, +_ 50, Ex; 550, 500-this goes for reference cards as far as I am aware). We are looking at 50$ here at least.

Why you ever want to take Titan in a consideration?! It does not influence on 780`price in anyway. It was confirmed by Nvidia sometime ago.
The regular GTX series have the same trend of a price drop.
Do you even live in the EU you have no idea do you?
I wasn't talking about marketing just saying it isn't gonna drop.

That article is based of a few german shops which may have their prices linked wrong which happens a lot.

Also I wasn't taking Titan in consideraton just confiriming that the prices won't drop.
Avg price is 600 euro and you can mark my words it will remain that way for the EU
post #248 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Yeah just it doesn't go for most of Europe really.
Actually the MSRP of the Titan was 800 Euro and it never not even now reached that price this price drop is gonna take 10 euro off at best.

800€ is the without VAT MSRP of the Titan for the EU.

For the most countries that means around 1000€ after the VAT was applied.
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
post #249 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Do you even live in the EU you have no idea do you?
I wasn't talking about marketing just saying it isn't gonna drop.

That article is based of a few german shops which may have their prices linked wrong which happens a lot.

Also I wasn't taking Titan in consideraton just confiriming that the prices won't drop.
Avg price is 600 euro and you can mark my words it will remain that way for the EU

I am basing it on the US, not EU I have a bit of info how it all goes there but not much.

That article is based of a few german shops which may have their prices linked wrong which happens a lot.


It is called a discount, not a wrong price.

Plus the article is basing off a Computer Data Base which is not something a one has made up cause of being bored.

Depends in what part of Europe you live in, cause it is a big mess there with all the prices,
post #250 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

800€ is the without VAT MSRP of the Titan for the EU.

For the most countries that means around 1000€ after the VAT was applied.
Guru3d correct their article well it said 800 inc vat first.
Still price won't drop here I would happily jump a Zotac gtx780 for 550 euro but it costs 625 considering my gtx570 costed around 350 and a gtx580 costed 450.
625 is too much it is too dam high

mods note: no memes in the news section mate thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [AMD] Latest graphics cards on display for E3 next week