Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Unlock Afterburner limits on lots of cards! some with LLC (One tool for all AB versions)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unlock Afterburner limits on lots of cards! some with LLC (One tool for all AB versions) - Page 19

post #181 of 1282
Next time I am going MSI mad.gif

Really makes me mad that all these cards are locked. All the MSI owners are probably laughing at us right now.
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k @ 4.4 GHZ Asus Sabertooth Z87 EVGA 980 ACX 2.0 @ 1425/1854 2 x 4GB Gskill Sniper @ 1866mhz 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NH-D14 Win 8.1 Acer 23.5 inch EVGA Platinum 1000w PSU 
CaseMouse
Corsair Carbide 540 Razer Naga 2014 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k @ 4.4 GHZ Asus Sabertooth Z87 EVGA 980 ACX 2.0 @ 1425/1854 2 x 4GB Gskill Sniper @ 1866mhz 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NH-D14 Win 8.1 Acer 23.5 inch EVGA Platinum 1000w PSU 
CaseMouse
Corsair Carbide 540 Razer Naga 2014 
  hide details  
Reply
post #182 of 1282
Ty! Finally i don't need to use artmoney.

It's working.



thumb.gif

GJ!
post #183 of 1282
I can only get the memory and AUX voltage to go past the limits, but the core jumps to 12mv no matter how i do it.
and i checked directly on the card with a voltmeter and the AUX and MEM voltages goes to the set voltage, but the core voltage just sits at 1.212V

im using nvidia driver 320.49 and afterburner beta 11.

anybody got an idea what im doing wrong?

Thanks in advance smile.gif
post #184 of 1282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperH View Post

I can only get the memory and AUX voltage to go past the limits, but the core jumps to 12mv no matter how i do it.
and i checked directly on the card with a voltmeter and the AUX and MEM voltages goes to the set voltage, but the core voltage just sits at 1.212V

im using nvidia driver 320.49 and afterburner beta 11.

anybody got an idea what im doing wrong?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

download the lightning afterburner
I should game.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 rampage 4 extreme GTX 970 Gskill Ripjawz 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Raid 0 4x120 840 evo  EK Supremacy CSQ EK FB Kit RE4 LE CSQ MB block windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
samsung D6530 40" Corsair RM Series 1000W corsair 750d 9 x 120mm rad 
Other
other loop parts 
  hide details  
Reply
I should game.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 rampage 4 extreme GTX 970 Gskill Ripjawz 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Raid 0 4x120 840 evo  EK Supremacy CSQ EK FB Kit RE4 LE CSQ MB block windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
samsung D6530 40" Corsair RM Series 1000W corsair 750d 9 x 120mm rad 
Other
other loop parts 
  hide details  
Reply
post #185 of 1282
Ahh, didnt see there was a seperate ligthning edition afterburner smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif
post #186 of 1282
Great work Rbby258. I have an 680 power edition which is a 680 lightning in all but name. I have flashed the locked LN2 bios from a lightning, do I need the ublocked bios or will your tool work regardless? cheers
post #187 of 1282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven7 View Post

Great work Rbby258. I have an 680 power edition which is a 680 lightning in all but name. I have flashed the locked LN2 bios from a lightning, do I need the ublocked bios or will your tool work regardless? cheers

Should just work if there's nothing in the pcb stopping it.
I should game.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 rampage 4 extreme GTX 970 Gskill Ripjawz 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Raid 0 4x120 840 evo  EK Supremacy CSQ EK FB Kit RE4 LE CSQ MB block windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
samsung D6530 40" Corsair RM Series 1000W corsair 750d 9 x 120mm rad 
Other
other loop parts 
  hide details  
Reply
I should game.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 rampage 4 extreme GTX 970 Gskill Ripjawz 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Raid 0 4x120 840 evo  EK Supremacy CSQ EK FB Kit RE4 LE CSQ MB block windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
samsung D6530 40" Corsair RM Series 1000W corsair 750d 9 x 120mm rad 
Other
other loop parts 
  hide details  
Reply
post #188 of 1282
Well yeah it certainly does bump the volts up but I found the core was fluctuating a lot in 3dmark 11 and voltage was around 1.25 and at some points 1.31 but not often, on the 4th test the screen started flickering so I quit and at that point the voltage was only at 1.25, this at 1377 core. Could this be a power limit issue on the locked bios which is limited to 133, or does the power limit not apply to the LN2 bios even the locked one?
Edited by raven7 - 8/13/13 at 7:10am
post #189 of 1282
I have also noticed similar throttling on Lightning 770. I have raised the voltage by adding an offset +150. The Max boost during the test was 1424MHz but it throttled a lot to 1385MHz, see screenshot:

This was on LN2 bios and the temperature was safe (max 64C), it looks like power throttling but why it happened, On Lightning 680 with .A3 bios I had no throttling at all even at 1450MHz @ 1.4V. Seems that Lightning 680 LN2 bios (A3 version) works better then 770 LN2 bios. Do You know how to get rid of this nasty throttling on 770?
post #190 of 1282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooojciech1983 View Post

I have also noticed similar throttling on Lightning 770. I have raised the voltage by adding an offset +150. The Max boost during the test was 1424MHz but it throttled a lot to 1385MHz, see screenshot:

This was on LN2 bios and the temperature was safe (max 64C), it looks like power throttling but why it happened, On Lightning 680 with .A3 bios I had no throttling at all even at 1450MHz @ 1.4V. Seems that Lightning 680 LN2 bios (A3 version) works better then 770 LN2 bios. Do You know how to get rid of this nasty throttling on 770?

i had that happen to me went from 1500mhz down to 1420 or so, seems the cooler the chip the less it happens
I should game.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 rampage 4 extreme GTX 970 Gskill Ripjawz 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Raid 0 4x120 840 evo  EK Supremacy CSQ EK FB Kit RE4 LE CSQ MB block windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
samsung D6530 40" Corsair RM Series 1000W corsair 750d 9 x 120mm rad 
Other
other loop parts 
  hide details  
Reply
I should game.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 rampage 4 extreme GTX 970 Gskill Ripjawz 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Raid 0 4x120 840 evo  EK Supremacy CSQ EK FB Kit RE4 LE CSQ MB block windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
samsung D6530 40" Corsair RM Series 1000W corsair 750d 9 x 120mm rad 
Other
other loop parts 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Unlock Afterburner limits on lots of cards! some with LLC (One tool for all AB versions)