Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [MC] Nvidia 320.18 WHQL Display Driver is Damaging GPUs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MC] Nvidia 320.18 WHQL Display Driver is Damaging GPUs - Page 40  

post #391 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by mam72 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

GTX 780's should be good with 314.22 as I remember seeing a post earlier about not rolling drivers for the 780
because of it's recent release but I don't see a problem while it shouldn't or wouldn't work.
the GTX 780 is a cut down version of Titan which has been out for months now.
(GTX 7) series the same tech as the GTX 6 series for the most part only difference is clocks and Boost 2.0.

2cents.gif

The 314.22 will not work with the 780 unless there is a hack I am not ware of.
thanks, I'm gonna have to look into it.
post #392 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

maybe explain somethin for you: habeas corpus is not strictly a legal writ; it is latin for "that you have the body." sorry i guess asking you in that manner to show me the proof went over your head.

now before you go venturing off in your credentialism as to modifying drivers; lets just stick with your earlier claims, shall we?

1) there are 100+ of reported damaged cards on the nvidia forum.
2) the thread on guru3D is rampant of fermi cards failing.

both of of those are completely false. i am not claiming that there can't be a problem; a rep from nvidia has communicated that they will look into releasing the overclocking cap that fermi suffered since the first kepler driver. but what i am saying as these "reports" are from a few users reporting to have an unresolved problem that has been circulating around and appear to be much larger than what they really are. i believe thats called FUD.

i beg your pardon but i do not recall ever having any discussion with you, let alone about how artifacting can damage cards. but if thats true and since the artifacting in BF3 and other games has been going on since after 314.22, then why after a few months has it not allegedly damaged cards?

I know what Habeas Corpus refers to, took Latin for quite some time, use it almost daily. Simply adding Haebus Corpus to the bottom of a statement does not indicate in any shape/form/fashion or reality that one should supply you with evidence...Of any kind...Communicating that rather than pushing that phrase, would've been great...We're not all lawyers...Here, you know?

On my claims...
1) There were and have been, Nvidia has actually been purging/combining and moving threads since, most people have been pretty PO'd over the past week so...It is what it is.
2) I should have worded that statement a bit differently but, I actually meant in regards to people having issues and artifacting even after full installs of windows, etc...That is typically, a MFCTR indication of dead product...In fact, my replacement to my customers is far more lenient...So, again, IMHO, many people will be having more issues down the line.

Artifacting is, by default, a hardware issue within the card...If you artifact at all, typically the card is dead unless it's exclusively a driver issue -- Thus, vendors have an artifacting policy that's so lenient...If you see artifacts, return the card...They swap the chip and viola, it's a referb.

The bottom line is that many people are having issues with this driver launch...Extreme issues...More-so than any launch within the past year. I'd actually argue more-so then any launch, period but, I've personally been responsible for blowing up practically an entire line of mobile GPU's so, I'll hold that sentiment until it's proven...Too many people are having issues for this entire situation to be a fallacy and the sheer fact that Nvidia is looking into it, solidifies that theory to the max...

So, are we going to have a straw man argument based on Fermi's blowing up when, it's been proven that, that scenario is actually possible or, can we move forward with this discussion, now?
post #393 of 1424
Lets put Latin aside cos I am hopeless at it !

Could we have a poll on here for members that are having a problem only ? Not my card is ok !

This may give a clearer picture and not related to other findings on the internet thumb.gif
post #394 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've read the entire thing...In fact, I made most of the mobile drivers you'll see there...

There are many people reporting issues and artifacting. -- That equals someone with an issue, doesn't it? In fact, I'd have a good discussion with you that artifacting = death.

There are a great many people with issues, some of those issues severe enough to kill a card. The Nvidia forums are absolutely full of fermi cards dying...Which, clearly, in it's context is beyond the severity of an "issue"...

I also see no legal writ having precedence and/or action in these threads, nor is anyone challenging your rights...so, your last quip, unfortunately has no bearing to the situation at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

I know what Habeas Corpus refers to, took Latin for quite some time, use it almost daily. Simply adding Haebus Corpus to the bottom of a statement does not indicate in any shape/form/fashion or reality that one should supply you with evidence...Of any kind...Communicating that rather than pushing that phrase, would've been great...We're not all lawyers...Here, you know?

On my claims...
1) There were and have been, Nvidia has actually been purging/combining and moving threads since, most people have been pretty PO'd over the past week so...It is what it is.
2) I should have worded that statement a bit differently but, I actually meant in regards to people having issues and artifacting even after full installs of windows, etc...That is typically, a MFCTR indication of dead product...In fact, my replacement to my customers is far more lenient...So, again, IMHO, many people will be having more issues down the line.

Artifacting is, by default, a hardware issue within the card...If you artifact at all, typically the card is dead unless it's exclusively a driver issue -- Thus, vendors have an artifacting policy that's so lenient...If you see artifacts, return the card...They swap the chip and viola, it's a referb.

The bottom line is that many people are having issues with this driver launch...Extreme issues...More-so than any launch within the past year. I'd actually argue more-so then any launch, period but, I've personally been responsible for blowing up practically an entire line of mobile GPU's so, I'll hold that sentiment until it's proven...Too many people are having issues for this entire situation to be a fallacy and the sheer fact that Nvidia is looking into it, solidifies that theory to the max...

So, are we going to have a straw man argument based on Fermi's blowing up when, it's been proven that, that scenario is actually possible or, can we move forward with this discussion, now?

So artifacts = death?

The reason I say this is that I ONLY get artifacts in 3dMark 2011 with my Titan. Am I suppose to worry about that?
Super P's rig
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6800K @ 4.4GHZ 1.37v / 3.6GHZ Cache 1.2v ASUS X99-A II Zotac GTX 1070FE @ 2088/9216 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-XLC Predator 240 GTX 1070 XSPC Full Cover Blade Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700s Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Super P's rig
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6800K @ 4.4GHZ 1.37v / 3.6GHZ Cache 1.2v ASUS X99-A II Zotac GTX 1070FE @ 2088/9216 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-XLC Predator 240 GTX 1070 XSPC Full Cover Blade Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700s Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
post #395 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post


So artifacts = death?

The reason I say this is that I ONLY get artifacts in 3dMark 2011 with my Titan. Am I suppose to worry about that?

If your talking about the artifact at the specific spot when the dragon starts turning and happens in that same place each time - it happens for everyone regardless of GPU.
     
  hide details  
     
  hide details  
post #396 of 1424
I ran them for like a day until I heard about this and I had no problems. Running a EVGX 670 FTW, however now I've rolled back and my idle temps are extremely high (like 50s, used to be 20s to 30s), you guys think my card got messed up, the voltages don't appear to be to strange@ . 987V. I also redid the inside of my computer( updated to haswell and moved my rad from the top of the case to the floor, but I don't think that should of made a temp difference like that, besides i've been running with the side panel off since i rebuilt.
Haswell
(18 items)
 
P43 Wallbreaker
(16 items)
 
Lenovo Y580
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87x-UD4H EVGA GTX 670 FTW 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840  Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM XSPC Raystorm 750 240mm XSPC Rad 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus VE258Q 25" LG Flatron W2243T 22" Viewsonic VX2233wm 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Original Logitech G15 XFX Pro 650W Corsair C70 Vengeance Gunmetal Black Logitech g9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 4HD Creative Fatal1ty Soundblaster Recon3D professi... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad q9300 Gigabyte EP43-UD3L MSI GTX 460 Hawk Talon Attack 8GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB CoolerMaster V8 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus VE258Q 25" 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG Flatron W2243t 22" Viewsonic VX2233wm 22" Original Logitech G15 OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill R114 Logitech G9x Steelseries 4HD 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3610QM Intel HD Graphics 4000 Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M Corsair Vengeance 16GB(2x8GB) DDR3-1600 CL10  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial M4 256GB mSATA SSD Seagate 1TB 5400rpm  Windows 7 x64 Home Premium 
  hide details  
Haswell
(18 items)
 
P43 Wallbreaker
(16 items)
 
Lenovo Y580
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87x-UD4H EVGA GTX 670 FTW 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840  Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM XSPC Raystorm 750 240mm XSPC Rad 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus VE258Q 25" LG Flatron W2243T 22" Viewsonic VX2233wm 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Original Logitech G15 XFX Pro 650W Corsair C70 Vengeance Gunmetal Black Logitech g9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 4HD Creative Fatal1ty Soundblaster Recon3D professi... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad q9300 Gigabyte EP43-UD3L MSI GTX 460 Hawk Talon Attack 8GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB CoolerMaster V8 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus VE258Q 25" 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG Flatron W2243t 22" Viewsonic VX2233wm 22" Original Logitech G15 OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill R114 Logitech G9x Steelseries 4HD 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3610QM Intel HD Graphics 4000 Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M Corsair Vengeance 16GB(2x8GB) DDR3-1600 CL10  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial M4 256GB mSATA SSD Seagate 1TB 5400rpm  Windows 7 x64 Home Premium 
  hide details  
post #397 of 1424
after second thought I might have 1 issue with this driver, but I have truly played only 1 game since installation, Civ5. the map textures never load in time (lag) until I zoom out completely fromt he world, then it loads up and stays good when scrolling over map in detailed view. I didn't have it with 314 WHQL ... I don't play too many games recently (AvP 2010 when I have time, STALKER when I have more time, had no time for neither since 320 WHQL), was pretty surprised seeing a thread like this... time for driver re-install I guess, better be safe than sorry and go through RMA hassle if something happens to cards, especially if water cooled.
post #398 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

If your talking about the artifact at the specific spot when the dragon starts turning and happens in that same place each time - it happens for everyone regardless of GPU.

Good to know! +rep if I could.

I never really messed with 2011 until I got my Titan and I just started watching the benchmark run all the way through since I was having driver crashes.
Super P's rig
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6800K @ 4.4GHZ 1.37v / 3.6GHZ Cache 1.2v ASUS X99-A II Zotac GTX 1070FE @ 2088/9216 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-XLC Predator 240 GTX 1070 XSPC Full Cover Blade Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700s Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Super P's rig
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6800K @ 4.4GHZ 1.37v / 3.6GHZ Cache 1.2v ASUS X99-A II Zotac GTX 1070FE @ 2088/9216 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-XLC Predator 240 GTX 1070 XSPC Full Cover Blade Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700s Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
post #399 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I know what Habeas Corpus refers to, took Latin for quite some time, use it almost daily. Simply adding Haebus Corpus to the bottom of a statement does not indicate in any shape/form/fashion or reality that one should supply you with evidence...Of any kind...Communicating that rather than pushing that phrase, would've been great...We're not all lawyers...Here, you know?

On my claims...
1) There were and have been, Nvidia has actually been purging/combining and moving threads since, most people have been pretty PO'd over the past week so...It is what it is.
2) I should have worded that statement a bit differently but, I actually meant in regards to people having issues and artifacting even after full installs of windows, etc...That is typically, a MFCTR indication of dead product...In fact, my replacement to my customers is far more lenient...So, again, IMHO, many people will be having more issues down the line.

Artifacting is, by default, a hardware issue within the card...If you artifact at all, typically the card is dead unless it's exclusively a driver issue -- Thus, vendors have an artifacting policy that's so lenient...If you see artifacts, return the card...They swap the chip and viola, it's a referb.

The bottom line is that many people are having issues with this driver launch...Extreme issues...More-so than any launch within the past year. I'd actually argue more-so then any launch, period but, I've personally been responsible for blowing up practically an entire line of mobile GPU's so, I'll hold that sentiment until it's proven...Too many people are having issues for this entire situation to be a fallacy and the sheer fact that Nvidia is looking into it, solidifies that theory to the max...
So, are we going to have a straw man argument based on Fermi's blowing up when, it's been proven that, that scenario is actually possible or, can we move forward with this discussion, now?

not using a straw man argument here at all; you are making claims of source, i checked those sources and found your claims to be incorrect. so no offense if i am highly skeptical of nvidia cleaning that thread.

as much as artifacting can be a hardware fault it is also be dependant upon the end user. pushing a card too hard with an overclock causes artifacting regardless of the driver. but thats not where i am at; i will define it again, there is a problem with these "claims" of the 320.18 drivers bricking/frying/making the card useless/ trash bin material. given the history of the last year of drivers from nvidia causing overclocks to become unstable, there is enough documentation to support that, it would be wise/prudent for a user who overclocks to save a few profiles in AB or precisionX and progress up to their highest achieved OC instead of jumping out of the gate whenever updating their drivers.

i'll paraphrase that "cherry picked" quote from the member of guru3D; this is an internet echo that has progressed past laughable to the verge of ludicrous.

and now you're saying its blown up a line of mobile gpus? oh good god man.
Edited by looniam - 6/10/13 at 1:23pm
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
post #400 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

and now you're saying its blown up a line of mobile gpus? oh good god man.

Your reading comprehension is so poor that I'm now walking away from this discussion.

Obviously the 3 facts of life are simple: 1) Nvidia is god in terms of drivers, nobody has ever bricked a card from a driver ever...2) Absolutely everyone overclocks...3) Only Iooniam is correct, everyone else is wrong.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [MC] Nvidia 320.18 WHQL Display Driver is Damaging GPUs