Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Mice, y u no ergonomic
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mice, y u no ergonomic - Page 2

post #11 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by test user View Post

Uh, well I was talking about palm mice, yes. Maybe I should have made it more clear, though palm mice usually tend to be the ergonomic ones too. My problem is that I've found no proper palm mouse that's designed to support your hand in a relaxed position, aka the one it would have when it's freely in the air.

You're on the right track: the most ergonomic (read; natural) position or "grip" is when the hand is completely relaxed and simply resting on the mouse. My hand never grips my mouse unless I need to pick it up for things like moving my mouse without moving my pointer. Anything else is just asking for physical problems later on.

I even used this "grip" back when I was still gaming and it worked beautifully. I will never understand the need for any other way of using the mouse. I say "using" because I don't hold the mouse; I just rest my hand on it and move it around. So, I use the mouse, and the Intellimouse Optical makes that become absolutely effortless. The whole thing is designed to work in perfect harmony with the human hand without forcing it to do anything unnatural. I see no reason to use any other shape because as you noticed, that's the best shape for the hand's most relaxed position when it's hanging from the rest with the palm facing down at the floor.

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't get any more ergonomic than the Intellimouse Optical: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105122

When I relax my hand completely at wrist and let it hand so that my palm is facing straight down to the floor, there's a curved shape in my hand when viewed from the side that matches the Intellimouse Optical perfectly. When I put the mouse in my hand, it barely moves my fingers
Edited by TwoCables - 6/10/13 at 8:39am
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS) 3 TB Toshiba P300 (storage) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS) 3 TB Toshiba P300 (storage) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

You're on the right track: the most ergonomic (read; natural) position or "grip" is when the hand is completely relaxed and simply resting on the mouse. My hand never grips my mouse unless I need to pick it up for things like moving my mouse without moving my pointer. Anything else is just asking for physical problems later on.

I even used this "grip" back when I was still gaming and it worked beautifully. I will never understand the need for any other way of using the mouse. I say "using" because I don't hold the mouse; I just rest my hand on it and move it around. So, I use the mouse, and the Intellimouse Optical makes that become absolutely effortless. The whole thing is designed to work in perfect harmony with the human hand without forcing it to do anything unnatural. I see no reason to use any other shape because as you noticed, that's the best shape for the hand's most relaxed position when it's hanging from the rest with the palm facing down at the floor.

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't get any more ergonomic than the Intellimouse Optical: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105122

When I relax my hand completely at wrist and let it hand so that my palm is facing straight down to the floor, there's a curved shape in my hand when viewed from the side that matches the Intellimouse Optical perfectly. When I put the mouse in my hand, it barely moves my fingers

Well, most of the time, you are going to want support for the right part of your hand which the Intellimouse doesn't allow for. And how your hand rests depends on your hand size, and how you've had your hand at rest growing up. Some people's fingers naturally spread out when at rest, and some people's fingers sometimes bunch up at rest. You'll want a mouse with right side support if your resting position is the former, and something like the Intellimouse if your resting position is the latter.
post #13 of 45
^@TwoCables: The SteelSeries Sensei is also based off of the IntelliMouse!

I love my Sensei, I totally agree on not really gripping the mouse and instead resting your hand on it. I use high DPI so I don't have to grip hard to make movements.

I think ergonomics are different for everyone, not based on mouse grip style alone. I switched from the G500 to my Sensei and it was like a dream come true, the G500 felt uncomfortable, heavy, and l was less dexterous with it.
post #14 of 45
I happen to stumble upon this last night... :



If you don't care for side buttons? I bit expensive though...
Scarlett
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6200 Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX Crucial Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial Technology  Samsung 840 Evo WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Green 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Hitachi 1 TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Xclio 256 Colour 120mm Fan x 2 Cougar Vortex 120mm 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Cooler Master Quickfire TK XFX 650w XXX Edition Aerocool X Warrior Red 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Vespula 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Gene Asus GTX 780 Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB WD Caviar Black 1TB Corsair H100i Corsair SP120 PWM x2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair AF140 Corsair AF140 Corsair AF120 Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VN247H-P WASD fully custom keyboard in UK layout Corsair AX860i Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Ouroboros OcUK Professional XXXL Mouse Mat Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II 28W 2ch S... 
  hide details  
Reply
Scarlett
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6200 Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX Crucial Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial Technology  Samsung 840 Evo WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Green 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Hitachi 1 TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Xclio 256 Colour 120mm Fan x 2 Cougar Vortex 120mm 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Cooler Master Quickfire TK XFX 650w XXX Edition Aerocool X Warrior Red 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Vespula 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Gene Asus GTX 780 Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB WD Caviar Black 1TB Corsair H100i Corsair SP120 PWM x2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair AF140 Corsair AF140 Corsair AF120 Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VN247H-P WASD fully custom keyboard in UK layout Corsair AX860i Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Ouroboros OcUK Professional XXXL Mouse Mat Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II 28W 2ch S... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversity View Post

I think ergonomics are different for everyone, not based on mouse grip style alone.

Well put.

You really can't tell if you'll like a mice by other people recommending them to you and you buying off our word of recommendation. To OP, I'd just suggest going to your local Frys/Microcenter/Computer Store and trying out the mice that they have. Most mice are packaged with moulded plastic protecting it that will be the same shape as the mouse so you can easily figure out if it fits your hand without breaking open the box.
post #16 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

Only other one that comes close is the Logitech MX Performance (Link). But that is a wireless mouse. And if you plan on gaming, there its polling rate is a bit too slow, especially for twitch-like games such as FPS, etc.
Really comfortable mouse. Too bad about the sensor and polling rate, though.

What about Mionix mice? They look pretty neat.
post #17 of 45
I bought the roccat kone xtd and found it was the most uncomfortable mouse that ive used. For comfort id reccomend the Cooler Master Storm Xornet or Spawn. those were hands down the most comfortable ever, imo
post #18 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo0031 View Post

I happen to stumble upon this last night... :



If you don't care for side buttons? I bit expensive though...

Yeah, but the 3D Printing is making for a very exciting future.
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS) 3 TB Toshiba P300 (storage) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS) 3 TB Toshiba P300 (storage) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo0031 View Post

I happen to stumble upon this last night... :
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

If you don't care for side buttons? I bit expensive though...
Neat, the idea of printing your own mouse shell sounds darn awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

You really can't tell if you'll like a mice by other people recommending them to you and you buying off our word of recommendation. To OP, I'd just suggest going to your local Frys/Microcenter/Computer Store and trying out the mice that they have. Most mice are packaged with moulded plastic protecting it that will be the same shape as the mouse so you can easily figure out if it fits your hand without breaking open the box.
I believe everybody does have ultimately similar position for their hand when they relax it completely. Quite comparable to what you have when you type or shake hands, that's the "natural" position for anybody's hand. Hand sizes wary (printable mice could fix that), but I'm sure there's an universal "optimal" shape when we are talking about palm grip mice. I'm using EC1 as my main mouse right now, having tried a bunch of other alternatives, but I know none of them were perfect.
post #20 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by test user View Post

I believe everybody does have ultimately similar position for their hand when they relax it completely. Quite comparable to what you have when you type or shake hands, that's the "natural" position for anybody's hand. Hand sizes wary (printable mice could fix that), but I'm sure there's an universal "optimal" shape when we are talking about palm grip mice. I'm using EC1 as my main mouse right now, having tried a bunch of other alternatives, but I know none of them were perfect.

There is an optimal shape: Mionix Naos/Logitech MX Performance/Revolution

Thing is though, is that not everyone has their hand at a resting position in the same form as the Naos. Some peoples' fingers might be ever so slightly closed at rest, and some spread at rest. I mean, you said it yourself, none of the ones you tried are perfect.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Mice, y u no ergonomic